Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deferring a year

Options
  • 06-09-2017 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Does anyone have experience or know the process for deferring a year. I want to take a year out for financial reasons but the form the student records office told me to fill in lists the reasons for application as illness, pregnancy, death of a family member etc and asks for proof of the above. Do they accept deferrals for reasons less serious than those?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Yoop_

I don't have any personal experience but I know someone who took a year out to go travelling. I don't think they had an issues with getting a deferral. I imagine the office would be be pretty understanding if you explained your situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Tipp1346 wrote: »
    Does anyone have experience or know the process for deferring a year. I want to take a year out for financial reasons but the form the student records office told me to fill in lists the reasons for application as illness, pregnancy, death of a family member etc and asks for proof of the above. Do they accept deferrals for reasons less serious than those?

just had to this today. i had to take a year out for financial reasons as well. i was able to get it no problem, just explain that you can't take the course for financial reasons. simple as that. or ring the graduate office tomorrow and explain ur situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Tipp1346

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    just had to this today. i had to take a year out for financial reasons as well. i was able to get it no problem, just explain that you can't take the course for financial reasons. simple as that. or ring the graduate office tomorrow and explain ur situation.

Good to hear. I assume in this case there was no need to provide any documentation? Or do they actually want proof of my financial situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Tipp1346 wrote: »
    Good to hear. I assume in this case there was no need to provide any documentation? Or do they actually want proof of my financial situation?

nope not at all.

Advertisement