Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short term holiday letting contract / agreement

Options
  • 06-09-2017 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Does anyone know where I could find a holiday letting agreement for very short term that I could use as a template?

Something that protects an owner of holiday home against excessive damage and clarifies how this would be resolved.

Or would it be best to engage a solicitor? House in question has very old and valuable furniture which could be difficult to resolve a damage dispute with a potential guest (luckily no disputes so far) so I want to protect against this situation with an agreement that is fair and legally binding.

I've been searching but can only find lease agreements for longer term rentals.

Many thanks

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

If the furniture is that old and valuable id remove it and replace with something less expensive.

Ive been on holiday to Ireland almost every year since 2004 and have never been asked to sign a contract when renting a self catering home.
    Typically ill meet the owner upon arrival and pay in cash, end of story

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

House in question has very old and valuable furniture which could be difficult to resolve a damage dispute with a potential guest (luckily no disputes so far) so I want to protect against this situation with an agreement that is fair and legally binding.
    Short term let in holiday season = PPPPPPPAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRTTTTTTYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!

So as said above, ensure you move said valuable stuff out of the house before you let it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭GGTrek

OP please look at netlawman.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Thanks for info.

Advertisement