Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny 2 - Super Good Advice

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

There is an anti-farming lock out if you open too many region and random chests within 5 minutes. Happened to me yesterday while collecting Cayde-6 treasure chests, the last chest rewarded nothing

Yep 5 chests within 5 minutes. Happened to me yesterday spamming the same lost sector for Drang kills.

Getting rid of shaders as soon as they drop. You get Bright currency for this dismantling legendary shaders. Glimmer for blue and green.

In case anyone anyone is confused with modding/infusing here's my best explanation:

I'd grown quite attached to a 274 grenade launcher Wicked "Something" so Thursday I equipped it with an Arc power mod to bring it up to 279.

This morning a blue 276 launcher dropped. I was able to infuse it to the 279 launcher because it's base power level is still 274. The mod stayed on and it's now 281.

Total power level on Warlock is 283. But engrams are decrypting at 276 which makes my Warlock's actual power level 281 (Is that correct engrams decrypt at 5 levels below). Always be wary of that if true.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

In case anyone anyone is confused with modding/infusing here's my best explanation:

I'd grown quite attached to a 274 grenade launcher Wicked "Something" so Thursday I equipped it with an Arc power mod to bring it up to 279.

This morning a blue 276 launcher dropped. I was able to infuse it to the 279 launcher because it's base power level is still 274. The mod stayed on and it's now 281.

Total power level on Warlock is 283. But engrams are decrypting at 276 which makes my Warlock's actual power level 281 (Is that correct engrams decrypt at 5 levels below). Always be wary of that if true.

Yeah, I think engrams discount any +power/armour mods when looking at your overall power level. I haven't used a single mod yet. If the weapon has one equipped when it drops, so be it, but I haven't actively used any so far.

Yeah, I think engrams discount any +power/armour mods when looking at your overall power level. I haven't used a single mod yet. If the weapon has one equipped when it drops, so be it, but I haven't actively used any so far.

Too busy spending your hard earned glimmer on cough syrup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Too busy spending your hard earned glimmer on cough syrup.

Exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

(Is that correct engrams decrypt at 5 levels below). Always be wary of that if true.

my engrams are dropping @ 281 for level 290 characters

gimli2112 wrote: »
    my engrams are dropping @ 281 for level 290 characters

Are using mods. It's seems your true power level is 286.

yeah I have mods on at least 50% of my gear

• Registered Users Posts: 45,661 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

i'm scared of putting mods on my gear cause I don't know what is good or great. Don't want to waste a mod! (though I have loads!)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

i'm scared of putting mods on my gear cause I don't know what is good or great. Don't want to waste a mod! (though I have loads!)

Try the blue, keep the legendaries. I threw all arc mods on my smashy titan and his grenade recharge is insane (Double Nades aswell). Worked a treat in PvP last night :D

I'm throwing legendary mods on everything. You can buy rare ones from the gunsmith and make legendaries from them. It only costs glimmer and I'm constantly on 99999 anyway.
    My LL is 292-293 with the mods but true LL is 287 or 290 I think

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I'm throwing legendary mods on everything. You can buy rare ones from the gunsmith and make legendaries from them. It only costs glimmer and I'm constantly on 99999 anyway.
    My LL is 292-293 with the mods but true LL is 287 or 290 I think

Yeah, if you hit the glimmer cap I buy aload of mods plus aload of the maps off Cayde to bring it down abit then build it up again but it fills up so fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

If you opt in to using the DIM Beta (over standard) you can now see which items have Legendary mods via a Gold Border/Outline.

http://beta.destinyitemmanager.com

A 300 non-legendary mod scout put into a 300 scout with a legendary mod will make the one with the mod become 305 now

This is more helpful than I'm making it sound, but any stuff you have with Legendary mods should be not deleted and maybe infused with other gear.

Most pulse rifles do 33% of their damage per bullet (3 burst), The Graviton Lance does 12.5%, 12.5% and 75%, but the 3rd round doesn't suffer from range drop off. So overall it does the same damage as any other Pulse that level at most ranges, and essentially handicaps the user by putting so much of the damage into the round that is hardest to aim/hit/crit with :(

quick way to rank up an alt or farm exotics (grindy)
    tl:dr when you do the specific public event rather than travel away from it spawn into the area again and if you're fast enough you'll get another

• Registered Users Posts: 28,047 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

quick way to rank up an alt or farm exotics (grindy)
    tl:dr when you do the specific public event rather than travel away from it spawn into the area again and if you're fast enough you'll get another

If you do public events on Titan they usually start within 30-60 seconds of each other on the first and second platforms.

I've found it the best place to run them.

yeah me too (or the EDZ) doing it the you tube way you might get into another 2-3 right at the end and get 2500xp a pop

Just on public events trying to do them solo can be painful

yeah me too (or the EDZ) doing it the you tube way you might get into another 2-3 right at the end and get 2500xp a pop

Just on public events trying to do them solo can be painful

I can solo the two walkers but it's always touch and go with time.

The Wizard one on Titan is nearly impossible to solo.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭mcgrath1992

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I can solo the two walkers but it's always touch and go with time.

The Wizard one on Titan is nearly impossible to solo.

i just did the walker one on titan twice just 2 mins ago but ran out of time , and that wasnt even the heroic one , its hard enough to complete this weeks flashpoint with decent rewards on your own if no one spawns in titan to help..all im getting is tokens at the moment but oh well

• Advertisement

i just did the walker one on titan twice just 2 mins ago but ran out of time , and that wasnt even the heroic one , its hard enough to complete this weeks flashpoint with decent rewards on your own if no one spawns in titan to help..all im getting is tokens at the moment but oh well

You can't solo one? Just knock him down and put two of the orbs into the same shield generator and kill him with the Scorch Cannons.

You can't solo one? Just knock him down and put two of the orbs into the same shield generator and kill him with the Scorch Cannons.

yep i just suck at destiny. i can solo the story easily just not competent enough to finish it in the time limit on my own. Best i have done is get him down to his last bar of health with scorch cannons

yep i just suck at destiny. i can solo the story easily just not competent enough to finish it in the time limit on my own. Best i have done is get him down to his last bar of health with scorch cannons

Are you shooting his leg until he falls down? Once he falls down his head exposes a weak spot on his neck that does extra damage.

If your using a scorch cannon fire with RT/R2 and keep the button held down to charge up the shot. It'll charge three times (indicated by a change in sound). Release the trigger for extra damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

If you fly in and your on your own, I wait till about a minute to go and then fast travel back into the same zone , you can do it around 2-3 times before the event starts and you'll usually end up in an instance with more players.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

For those of you who are missing the Grimore:

When inspecting exotic item, you can read the lore of each item by pressing the left trigger (PS4).
    This will give you the story behind each item - works for armour, not sure about weapons.

You can do it on Raid Weapons also. Not sure about Trials

Are you shooting his leg until he falls down? Once he falls down his head exposes a weak spot on his neck that does extra damage.

If your using a scorch cannon fire with RT/R2 and keep the button held down to charge up the shot. It'll charge three times (indicated by a change in sound). Release the trigger for extra damage.

yeah i been shooting the middle leg and oh right i didn't realise there was a charged shot i just been spamming the r2 trigger..thanks for advice
    syboit wrote: »
    If you fly in and your on your own, I wait till about a minute to go and then fast travel back into the same zone , you can do it around 2-3 times before the event starts and you'll usually end up in an instance with more players.

Ah right cheers i'll try that

you can get legendary weapon mods for kinetic weapons by thrashing legendary mods and then creating legendary weapon mods with the gunguy

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭ginger_hammer

you can get legendary weapon mods for kinetic weapons by thrashing legendary mods and then creating legendary weapon mods with the gunguy

I tend to only dismantle legendary mods that are for the other 2 classes that I'm not playing, as you never know when you might need the others. After 280 its not too much of a problem as you can create your own.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Aye, I just wish it was a bit less random on getting the kinetic mod.

Advertisement