Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change broadband password

• 06-09-2017 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭

I want to change the broadband password to an easier one
    . I can type in the ip address and log in. ?How do I change the password.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭iioklo

I think they will want to know which router you have,

F2000
    F1000
    D1000
    Zytel
    Netopia

or other make.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭thesultan

iioklo wrote: »
    I think they will want to know which router you have,

F2000
    F1000
    D1000
    Zytel
    Netopia

or other make.
    F2000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

thesultan wrote: »
    Hi thesultan,

Thanks for getting in touch. To change your WiFi password you'll need to follow the below steps.

You'll need to login to your modem's settings page to change your Wi-Fi access key:
    1. Open a web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Firefox or Google Chrome)
    2. Type 192.168.1.254 into the address bar and press enter.
    3. Enter 'admin' as the username. Your password, if you haven’t already changed it this can be found at the back of your modem. (This is also the modems wireless key).
    4. Select Network Setting / Wireless
    5. Under Wireless encryption you can edit your password under the section "WPA pre-shared key"
    Change the password and click apply
    Your password has now been changed and this password will need to be used to reconnect any devices back to a WiFi connection.
    Should you experience any connection issues after changing your password, press the reset button located on the side of the modem.

- Adam

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi thesultan,

Thanks for getting in touch. To change your WiFi password you'll need to follow the below steps.

You'll need to login to your modem's settings page to change your Wi-Fi access key:
    3. Enter 'admin' as the username. Your password, if you haven’t already changed it this can be found at the back of your modem. (This is also the modems wireless key).
    5. Under Wireless encryption you can edit your password under the section "WPA pre-shared key"
    Your password has now been changed and this password will need to be used to reconnect any devices back to a WiFi connection.
    Should you experience any connection issues after changing your password, press the reset button located on the side of the modem.

- Adam
    I don't see a network setting wireless. I see Home , Internet ,Home NEtwork , Sharing . Maintain 
    All the top of the page

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi thesultan,

- Adam
    I don't see a network setting wireless. I see Home , Internet ,Home NEtwork , Sharing . Maintain 
    All the top of the page
    Sorry to hear that. If you are experiencing issues with this, our technical support team should be able to change it for you if you give them a ring on 1890260260 or free phone 1901.

- Adam

• Advertisement

I sorted it myself but it would be more helpful if yee didn't outsource yer operations to India.

I sorted it myself but it would be more helpful if yee didn't outsource yer operations to India.
    Glad to hear you got this sorted.

- Adam

Advertisement