Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUSI Grant Eligibility

Options
  • 06-09-2017 2:33pm

Hi all,

I have a question relating to my eligibility for the SUSI grant. I'll outline my query below.

So, could I technically receive a SUSI grant for an Advanced Certificate (PLC Level 6) this year and also receive a grant for a Higher Certificate (UG Level 6) next year? The UG Level 6 is basically first year of an undergraduate level 8 degree.

I have tried contacting SUSI directly and have been given differing answers every time which has not been very helpful to say the least.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Shedy

I cant answer your question but I know your pain. They just spout generic answers its horrible. I was in a similar situation last year I Just called them up and kept asking for definitive answers and eventually i got the answer I wanted. All I know is once your moving up you are eligible. I have just moved into level 8 after 6 and 7. I would find out if the different types of level 6 are considered moving up also are they in different fields as they can award a switch f you are moving into different fields. Contacting the 3rd level students union is also a good idea they will have an officer dedicated to SUSI. Have your application number to hand

Shedy wrote: »
    I cant answer your question but I know your pain. They just spout generic answers its horrible. I was in a similar situation last year I Just called them up and kept asking for definitive answers and eventually i got the answer I wanted. All I know is once your moving up you are eligible. I have just moved into level 8 after 6 and 7. I would find out if the different types of level 6 are considered moving up also are they in different fields as they can award a switch f you are moving into different fields. Contacting the 3rd level students union is also a good idea they will have an officer dedicated to SUSI. Have your application number to hand

Thank you Shedy for showing some support! It's beyond a joke to be quite honest. They are there to help students, not confuse them even further. I'll try and contact the college's SU as you suggested. I never would have considered this as a possible way of obtaining an answer. Thank you once again!

Advertisement