Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen iPad unblocked and removed from iCloud

Options
  • 06-09-2017 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I was recently the victim of a break in and my iPad and old iPhone 4s was stolen.

Neither iPad or iPhone 4s had a protective 4 digit code and I didn't change my apple password.

I put the iPad in "lost mode" but I never bothered with the Iphone 4s because it was old and obsolete.

About 3 weeks later I got a set of emails :

1. You've requested to change you Apple Password
    2. Lost Mode has been enabled on iPad
    3. iPad has been found (3000 miles away)
    4. You have enabled Two Factor Authentication
    5. Your apple password has been updated
    6. Find my Iphone has been disabled on the iPad
    7. You have requested to clear device iPhone 6 (my current phone)

I tried to log into my own iCloud - Failed
    I tried to reset my Apple password - Failed (because the phone number that receives the text had been changed)

Lucky enough i was able to counter this attack by clicking "This was not me" in one of the above email and this restored my old password and phone number.

The best explanation I can come up with was:
    - Hacker managed to get into my iCloud from the iPhone 4s
    - They enabled two factor Auth and added their own phone number
    - They reset the password using a password reset Text
    - They removed Lost Mode and removed the iPad from the iCloud
    - They tried to wipe my current iPhone.

Is there any way to reconnect or disable the iPad now that it is no longer connected to my iCloud? via serial number or anything etc ?

Advertisement