Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disconnecting electrical connection to shed

Options
  • 06-09-2017 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

I'm planning on knocking a shed near my house. Any idea what would be involved in disconnecting the electrical supply, blanking it off and making it safe. There's one double socket and one ceiling light fitting. I have no clue about electrics so obviously I'll be getting a man in to to do the job. I'm just wondering how long this would take and a very rough guess at how much it would cost cos I haven't a clue. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

Best bet is to disconnect the cable where it leaves your house to feed the shed. That way if the cable gets damaged there will be no danger. You could save your spark a bit of time and trace where the cable appears in your house and which MCB its fed from. Chances are it's connected straight in to your fuseboard so switch the light on in your shed and plug something in to the socket and turn the Mcbs off one at a time. When the light goes off mark the MCB and same process for the socket. Let your spark do the rest

Advertisement