Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gurgling Nautilus

• 06-09-2017 5:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 490 ✭✭

I've got three Nautiluses (all genuine 5ml), all with 1.8 ohm BVC Aspire coils, all on iStick Picos at 12 W, all using the same unflavoured liquid. Two give a lovely smooth vape but the third always gurgles. It's not due to a faulty coil - I've tried several and they all gurgle. Any ideas what could be the cause?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

MHP wrote: »
    I've got three Nautiluses (all genuine 5ml), all with 1.8 ohm BVC Aspire coils, all on iStick Picos at 12 W, all using the same unflavoured liquid. Two give a lovely smooth vape but the third always gurgles. It's not due to a faulty coil - I've tried several and they all gurgle. Any ideas what could be the cause?

Might be a hardware problem,have you tried swapping the base with another of your Nautilus's to see if the gurgling is still there or gone.
    Bases could be out of alignment & is not sealing properly with the coil,can be bought cheap at Fasstech...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

I found with the nautilus 5ml's, the higher the PG ratio (thinner the liquid) the more likely it is to gurgle.

Switched it up to 70VG/30PG and had no problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

I found with the nautilus 5ml's, the higher the PG ratio (thinner the liquid) the more likely it is to gurgle.

Switched it up to 70VG/30PG and had no problems.

Your'e right but he says the other two Nautilus's have the same liquid & no gurgling,the only thing I can think of is the connection between the coil & the base,if there were something else wrong with the tank,surely there would be a leak,a bit of a mystery here...
    MHP has tried different coils as well,so it can't be a fault of the o-ring on the coil,the base must be warped or something internally...
    A strange one...:confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 490 ✭✭MHP

Your guess is good. I used the dodgy nautilus base with another tank and it gurgles. Looking closely at it I see that the base is at a slight angle on the mod. A wonky thread?

Advertisement