Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Water Refunds information

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Irish Water: Siobhan

Hi snaggles01,

Thanks for your query.

Would you mind sending us a PM with the below details and we can look into this for you:

- Full Name;
    - Address;
    - Account Number or WPRN

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards,
    Siobhan

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,927 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Hi Toots,
    Toots wrote: »
    I paid my bills over the phone, and IW are saying I never registered for an online account even though I've received emails from them. I can't find my bills and have nothing with my account number or WPRN on them.

I rang IW who say I've got to send in a copy of the bank statement where it shows the payment by debit card and also a bill in my name and they'll send out the account details. Can anyone remember when the bills were issued? I reckon I'll have to request a duplicate bank statement.
    Thanks for your message.

If you can provide the following details by PM, we can look into this for you:

- Name;
    - Supply Address;
    - Email Address associated with account; and
    - Contact number;

Thanks,
    Mairead
    Just want to say thanks to the Irish Water Reps for sorting me out, got my cheque in the post this morning :)

Hi Toots,

Thanks for your message, we're happy we could help. Feel free to contact us if you have any future queries.

Kind Regards,
    Siobhan

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭thesphinx

Hi Ian,

Cheques are being processed and issued in batches on a phased basis. We understand that this delay has been caused by an internal error, however we are unable to accelerate this process.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Kind Regards,
    Siobhan[/quote

Well to be honest it should be accelerated if the fault was internal... bearing in mind I have done everything correctly. Surely the refund process is regulated, I don't know how my refund which was supposed to be due by the 17th December will not be processed until the end of the January. I can understand if it was my fault and I had provided my change of address in a timely fashion. But i did, can you please provide me with an email address or a mailing address so I can make a formal complaint.

Thanks,

Ian

Hi Ian,

We understand and you can contact us by post at:

Irish Water
    PO Box 860
    South City Delivery Office
    Cork City

Alternatively our email address is customerservice@water.ie.

Please let us know if you have further questions.

Kind Regards,
    Siobhan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 qezep

Hi,

I updated my address on water.ie on 5th Dec. My refund was due on 15th Dec and hasn't arrived. Can you check if it was sent to my old address?

Thank you.

• Company Representative Posts: 485 Verified rep Irish Water: Allanah

Hi qezep,

Thank you for your query.
    qezep wrote: »
    I updated my address on water.ie on 5th Dec. My refund was due on 15th Dec and hasn't arrived. Can you check if it was sent to my old address?

Would you mind sending the following details in a private message and we will look into this matter for you:

- Name;
    - Address;
    - Contact number;
    - WPRN;
    - Account number; and
    - Confirmation that you are the account holder.

Thanks in advance,
    Allanah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Darando

I require a form to return a cheque as it is in the name of a deceased parent and need a new cheque issued..where do I find such a form? (Was told one one be posted but it never arrived). If it can be downloaded or emailed it would be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Irish Water: Aaron P

Darando wrote: »
    I require a form to return a cheque as it is in the name of a deceased parent and need a new cheque issued..where do I find such a form? (Was told one one be posted but it never arrived). If it can be downloaded or emailed it would be great.
    Hi Darando,

Thank you for your query.

Apologies that you did not receive the form in the post. It is available to download or print here.

Kindest regards,
    Aaron

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Athletics100

Hello,

I am not sure if you can help me. I was paying the water charges for the year 1/1/2015 to 1/1/2016, but have since moved house (February 2016). I dont have access to WRPN or account number and I cant seem to login with me email address.

Will I be able to receive the refund if I don't have the necessary information?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Regards
    Niamh

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 174 Verified rep Irish Water: Louise

Hi Niamh,

Thanks for your message.
    Hello,

I am not sure if you can help me. I was paying the water charges for the year 1/1/2015 to 1/1/2016, but have since moved house (February 2016). I dont have access to WRPN or account number and I cant seem to login with me email address.

Will I be able to receive the refund if I don't have the necessary information?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Regards
    Niamh
    We can certainly look into this for you. Would you mind sending us a PM with the following information?

- Full name;
    - Address;
    - Contact Number;
    - Landlord details;
    - Method of payment; &
    - Email address

Once these details are provided through PM, we will be able to assist you further.

Kind regards,
    Louise

• Registered Users Posts: 34 mmmm...

Hi,

I moved house to Northern Ireland in  June 2016. In October 2017, I updated my correspondence address to my Northern Irish address. As I didn't receive any cheque, I logged into my account again and saw that my details were reverted back again to my previous address. I have updated my correspondence address again on water.ie but am unsure if a cheque went to my previous address or not.

Can you look into it? I have all my details.

mmmm... wrote: »
    Can you look into it? I have all my details.
    Hi there,

We can certainly look into this for you.

Would you mind sending the following details via private message;

-Name;
    -Address;
    -WPRN and/or account number.

Kind regards,
    Aaron

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MFS

Hi, 

Also waiting on a refund and unable to get through on your phone line.  Is is OK to PM one of your representatives here?

Hi MFS,

Absolutely, please send through the following details and we will look into it for you:

-Name;
    -Address;

Thanks in advance,

Aaron

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭Beric Dondarrion

Hello,

I sold a house last summer and as part of the sale process I had to pay the water charges associated with the property to complete the sale. I spoke to Irish water a three weeks ago and was told to provide details about the sale and the account associated with the charges in order to receive a refund.

I have forwarded via email the relevant account details, a soft-copy of a solicitors letter confirming I have paid the charges for the property and a letter of acknowledgment from Irish water that the bill was discharged. I am still waiting for a response to my email(s) and a refund cheque.

The account is not in my name but the but the person who was a resident in property has since moved and left no forwarding address (I was told the original refund cheque was returned to IW).

Can someone from IW please give me an update on this matter?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Irish Water: Mairead

Hi Beric,
    Hello,

I sold a house last summer and as part of the sale process I had to pay the water charges associated with the property to complete the sale. I spoke to Irish water a three weeks ago and was told to provide details about the sale and the account associated with the charges in order to receive a refund.

I have forwarded via email the relevant account details, a soft-copy of a solicitors letter confirming I have paid the charges for the property and a letter of acknowledgment from Irish water that the bill was discharged. I am still waiting for a response to my email(s) and a refund cheque.

The account is not in my name but the but the person who was a resident in property has since moved and left no forwarding address (I was told the original refund cheque was returned to IW).

Thanks.
    Thanks for getting in touch.

We recommend sending proof of payment of your the charges, with copies of the previously mentioned documents and a letter containing the account information and your query, to the following address:

Irish Water
    PO Box 860
    Cork City
    Cork

If you would like us to follow up on your email, we can do so if you PM your query and contact details and we can look into this.

Thanks,
    Mairead

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭Beric Dondarrion

Hi Beric,
    Hello,

Thanks.
    Thanks for getting in touch.

We recommend sending proof of payment of your the charges, with copies of the previously mentioned documents and a letter containing the account information and your query, to the following address:

Irish Water
    PO Box 860
    Cork City
    Cork

If you would like us to follow up on your email, we can do so if you PM your query and contact details and we can look into this.

Thanks,
    Mairead
    Not really interested in sending anything in the post thank you. Was told by an IW representative that email copies would be fine once they were sent to the IW customer service email address. I will send a PM shortly with my contact details etc.

Hi Beric,
    Not really interested in sending anything in the post thank you. Was told by an IW representative that email copies would be fine once they were sent to the IW customer service email address. I will send a PM shortly with my contact details etc.
    Once we receive your PM, a member of the team will be able to assist further.

Thanks,
    Mairead

• Registered Users Posts: 3 eddieconog

Hi Irish Water,
    I paid for the bills via direct Debit while the charges were operational, However the account name was in my landlords name. I have since moved house and I contacted support via phone and was advised to send a letter with proof of payment, Name of Address, Account number, bank details, proof of address. I did this back in January.
    I called customer support since then asking for an update and they told me to wait to get a phone call as it was another department in cork, that was at the end of January and I have not heard anything since.
    I still have access to the online profile and called to hear the balance on the account and the money is still there.
    I am feeling in the dark at the moment and don't know what else to do.
    could you pleas help or advice?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 254 Verified rep Irish Water: Agata

eddieconog wrote: »
    Hi Irish Water,
    I paid for the bills via direct Debit while the charges were operational, However the account name was in my landlords name. I have since moved house and I contacted support via phone and was advised to send a letter with proof of payment, Name of Address, Account number, bank details, proof of address. I did this back in January.
    I called customer support since then asking for an update and they told me to wait to get a phone call as it was another department in cork, that was at the end of January and I have not heard anything since.
    I still have access to the online profile and called to hear the balance on the account and the money is still there.
    I am feeling in the dark at the moment and don't know what else to do.
    could you pleas help or advice?
    Thanks
    Hi there,

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing this.

We can certainly look into this for you. Would you mind forwarding the following information by private message:

- Name;
    - Contract number;
    - Address and;
    - Account number & WPRN.

Kind regards,
    Agata

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭kooper

Hi, I've send 2 PM messages couple days ago, but no reply, can you check it for me?  

Hi Kooper,
    kooper wrote: »
    Hi, I've send 2 PM messages couple days ago, but no reply, can you check it for me?
    Apologies for the delay in response, as due to the aftermath of Storm Emma, we had to prioritise emergency water queries in our high volume of messages.

A member of our team will be in touch with you via PM in due course.

Thanks,
    Mairead

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ri3mann

Hi Irish Water,

I understand that you may be busy recently after Ireland saw snow in winter. I hope all gets back to normal for you soon.

I've been trying to get my refund cheque sent to me since December with no luck. I've spoke with Irish Water on the phone on 08.12.2017 after the cheque was sent to my old address (your customer service rep. said the old cheque is being cancelled and new one is sent right away), then I've called you again on 30.01.2018 (your customer service rep. said the cheque is being sent right away, and it should reach me no later than end of Feb), then I've emailed you on 02.03.2018 (got no reply). Maybe forums will work? I'm starting feeling hopeless.

I also fail to understand the reason you don't want to wire the money to someone's bank account if one wishes so, like I do.

Thanks
    Paweł

Hi Pawel,

Thanks for your query,

We're very sorry for the inconvenience. We can look into this further for you, if you'd like to send the below information by Private Message:

-Full Name;
    -Address;

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,
    Siobhan

• Registered Users Posts: 11 nidzo

Hello Irish Water team,

Before I moved in Germany in August 2016 I updated my address on Irish Water portal to my friend's address in Dublin. He received refund cheque few months ago and forwarded it to me after that. However I was not able to cash the cheque in Germany, so I contacted Irish Water by phone and support agent told me that it's possible to nominate cheque to another person if there is a written confirmation from me. That's why I sent a letter via post with signed confirmation to nominate cheque to my friend in Ireland and original refund cheque. Based on An Post tracking records, letter was delivered on 14th of March. Would it be possible that you check if you have actually received my letter and what are next steps? I can leave you my details in PM, of course.

Thank you

Hi nidzo,

Thanks for getting in touch. If you'd like to PM the below details we will be happy to look into this for you.

-Full Name;
    -Address;

Kind Regards,
    Siobhan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭mcquaim

Hi Mac,

Thanks for your message.

If you have never registered and would like to receive your refund back. We would advise you to contact our Billing Department on 1850 448 448, and a member of the team will be happy to assist.

If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us.

Regards,
    Agata

Hi There,

I contacted the Irish Water team and they instructed me to send proof of payment of the bills and proof I was here at those dates..

This was a good few months ago and I haven’t heard a peep back since.

How long should this process take?

Thanks,
    Mac

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ri3mann

Speaking of not being able to cash the cheque (which will also be my problem if they ever send me one), I find it strange that they can't simply wire the money to ones bank account saying it's less secure than cheque. 

• Advertisement

Hi Mac,
    mcquaim wrote: »
    Hi There,

I contacted the Irish Water team and they instructed me to send proof of payment of the bills and proof I was here at those dates..

This was a good few months ago and I haven’t heard a peep back since.

How long should this process take?

Thanks,
    Mac
    If you PM the below details we can look into this for you.

- Full Name
    - Supply Address
    - WPRN and/or Account number (if known)

Kind Regards,
    Siobhan

• Registered Users Posts: 15 shamanx

Dear Irish Water team,

My mother received cheque refund few months ago. She is in very miserable situation. She has no bank account so she is not able to exchange this cheque into cash. I am just wondering if there is any alternative option to send her refund.

Thank you.

Hi Shamanx,

Thanks for your message.

If your mother prefers, she can fill in a Refund Nomination Form, where she can choose another person to receive the refund on her behalf.

If you'd like to send a PM with a name and address, we can have this form issued.

Kind Regards,
    Siobhan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

Hi! When I log into my account, I see that there is over 160e "credit" on my Irish water account. Was this meant to be refunded to me, leaving a 0e total on the account?

• Company Representative Posts: 485 Verified rep Irish Water: Allanah

Hi SchrodingersCat,
    Hi! When I log into my account, I see that there is over 160e "credit" on my Irish water account. Was this meant to be refunded to me, leaving a 0e total on the account?

We can look into this matter for you. Would you mind sending a DM with the following details:

- Name;
    - Address;
    - WPRN; and
    - Account number.

Thanks in advance,
    Allanah

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭kokiyou

Hi,

I was told I would receive my cheque at my workplace (I changed the address) by Mid February 2018. As its two months later and I still have not received the letter / cheque could I request someone look into this for me please?

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 222 Verified rep Irish Water: Niamh

Hi kokiyou,
    kokiyou wrote: »
    Hi,

I was told I would receive my cheque at my workplace (I changed the address) by Mid February 2018. As its two months later and I still have not received the letter / cheque could I request someone look into this for me please?
    If you PM the below details, we can look into this for you:

- Name;
    - Address;
    - WPRN; and
    - Account number.

Thanks in advance,
    Niamh

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Sensodyne

Hi All,

Can someone please give me useful advice?
    I was renting from private landlord two years ago. At the end of my tenancy landlord told to pay IW bill in full. (260 eur.) 
    Otherwise deposit would not be returned.
    Account was registered on his name, I have never received a single bill from IW.

Landlord sent me IW bill. I went to local post office and paid it in full.
    Still have the bill and receipt attached to it. Got my deposit back and moved out.

Now IW is saying that refunds are being issued to registered account owners, in this case this is my ex landlord.
    And to get a refund I have to engage with the landlord.

But what if landlord is not engaging with me? Not answering phone calls /emails?
    Should I now take legal action against my landlord?

IW please comment, and  also anyone with similar experience.

Thanks and Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Irish Water: Amy

Hi Sensodyne,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

As you paid the bill under your landlord's name, we recommend that you contact them directly to arrange for the refund to be returned to you. As this is a private matter between both you and your landlord, we cannot offer any assistance from our side in this instance.

Apologies. Please feel free to let us know if you have any further queries.

Thanks,
    Amy

Hi Sensodyne,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

As you paid the bill under your landlord's name, we recommend that you contact them directly to arrange for the refund to be returned to you. As this is a private matter between both you and your landlord, we cannot offer any assistance from our side in this instance.

Apologies. Please feel free to let us know if you have any further queries.

Thanks,
    Amy
    Thank you Amy for your fast reply.

Anyone with similar experience please comment.

I believe legal action against ex landlord is the only choice I have now.

Thanks and Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Irish Water: Amy

Hi Sensodyne,

You're very welcome, and we hope that this is resolved for you soon.

Kind regards,
    Amy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Poncke

But what if landlord is not engaging with me? Not answering phone calls /emails?

Why do landlords always have to be <snip>? It baffles me and it angers me. The laws in this country have to be changed to address this ongoing mess in the rental market.

Poncke wrote: »

Why do landlords always have to be <snip>? It baffles me and it angers me. The laws in this country have to be changed to address this ongoing mess in the rental market.
    Hello Poncke,

To answer your question: not all landlords are <snip> and not all tenants are saint.
    Have been renting for more than 10 years now and have seen both.

In my case now my ex-landlord is not giving me refund he received from Irish Water, he doesn't even answer my phone calls/texts/emails.
    So should I consider him as a pleasant/trustworthy person? Of course not! He is a <snip>! for me.

Absolutely agree that laws in this country should be changed!

I would also like to add that it was not fare move from IW to just refund someone whose name is on the bill.

There are many others in the same boat with me.
    Tenants who paid water bills for landlords and now have difficulties getting their money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Maewyn Succat

Sensodyne wrote: »
    I would also like to add that it was not fare move from IW to just refund someone whose name is on the bill.

Tenants who paid water bills for landlords and now have difficulties getting their money back.

Do you expect Irish water to just take your word for it that you and not your landlord paid the bill?
    Unless you can prove this then it is 100% a matter for you to resolve with your landlord.

Do you expect Irish water to just take your word for it that you and not your landlord paid the bill?
    Unless you can prove this then it is 100% a matter for you to resolve with your landlord.
    Yes, I can prove it was me who paid the bill, but this is a legal matter now.
    Thanks and Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 4 GraGraxd2014

Hi there,

I was renting from a landlord and paying my water bills in college and have since changed address. I have tried calling 1850 448 448 multiple times to change my address (and name as it is spelled incorrectly on the bills) and cannot log in online as it is saying my WPRN and Account number do not match an address. Could I possibly check if a cheque was sent to my previous address as I have not been sent one as of yet (according to the landlord and current tennants)?

Additionally, I lived with 3 other students who are awaiting the refunds from me, is it possible to have the cheques for their partial refunds to them at their own addresses or must the refund be in full to one individual?

Thanks in advance,
    Gráinne

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Poncke wrote: »

Hello Poncke,

To answer your question: not all landlords are <snip> and not all tenants are saint.
    Have been renting for more than 10 years now and have seen both.

In my case now my ex-landlord is not giving me refund he received from Irish Water, he doesn't even answer my phone calls/texts/emails.
    So should I consider him as a pleasant/trustworthy person? Of course not! He is a <snip>! for me.
    If it helps, the landlord I paid my water bills too is a 'friend'. Someone I've known half my life, went to school with and in the same circle of friends. I didn't get mine back either. 

I didn't think tenants would have any rights at all for getting the charges back? Especially if you no longer live there?

Hi GraGraxd2014,
    Hi there,

I was renting from a landlord and paying my water bills in college and have since changed address. I have tried calling 1850 448 448 multiple times to change my address (and name as it is spelled incorrectly on the bills) and cannot log in online as it is saying my WPRN and Account number do not match an address. Could I possibly check if a cheque was sent to my previous address as I have not been sent one as of yet (according to the landlord and current tennants)?

Additionally, I lived with 3 other students who are awaiting the refunds from me, is it possible to have the cheques for their partial refunds to them at their own addresses or must the refund be in full to one individual?

Thanks in advance,
    Gráinne
    If you send a PM with the following details, we will be happy to look into this:

- Name;
    - Supply Address;
    - Account Number; and
    - WPRN.

Thanks,
    Mairead

• Registered Users Posts: 33 snowdaisy

The government has announced that Domestic Water Charge refunds will be issued in the Autumn. Irish Water is working to ensure that this can be achieved as efficiently and accurately as possible. The vast majority of refunds should be paid before Christmas.

Irish Water’s primary concern is that the payment of refunds is as straightforward as possible from a customer point of view and that those who made a payment to Irish Water are refunded with a minimum of delay, once Government has passed the legislation and provided the funding needed to allow for refunds. Almost 1m customers will be repaid their domestic water charges totalling €173m. 
    The cost of refunding customers will be approximately €5m to cover the cost of letters, cheques, a public information campaign and additional staffing to support the project including additional call centre staff to deal with customer queries.

We are now putting a team in place to begin this work and we will communicate with customers advising them what they need to do to ensure their refund is paid correctly as soon as the legislation is passed.
    Customers do not need to contact Irish Water to get their refund. Irish Water will send a cheque to the account holder at their address. If customers have moved or if their personal details have changed they should please call 1850 448 448.

You can find more information on refunds here.
    Hi Irish Water, I never received any refund cheque. I now need to chase the payments and also to update my address but your login says my account details, as printed on my bills, doesnt exist. Therefore I cant log into / set up an online account. Assistance is welcome.

• Advertisement
Advertisement