Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TOMS shoes??

• 06-09-2017 6:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭

Looking for some info about TOMS footwear..

I am a size 5 - tried on a pair in Schuh recently and man had I to work to get them on.
    The shop assistant told me that they would stretch and that after walking around the house in them for a few days, they would fit like a glove.
    I did try on the size 6 but they were too big.
    I am skeptical though - I mean I really had to persevere to get the size 5 on.

For those of you who have bought them - what was your experience?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

They are snug initially but do loosen a bit after wear. I'd say they suit a narrower foot better than a wide one though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭mockingjay

I bought a pair recently but they fitted me like a glove from day one. I find them very comfortable and they haven't stretched yet, I really like them. My advice is make sure they fit you before you take them home - I think we always buy shoes that we think will stretch but they never do, so I would apply this to the Toms as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

I've had two pairs and they fit me perfectly from the start, don't think they really stretched much. I've tried on other ones in shops in the same size though and they were so tight I could barely get them on. So I'd say try on different styles and see if any others fit you better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭sporina

thanks a mill for the replies..

I kid you not, I actually was sweating trying to get them on me in the shop - and the shop assistant was still adamant that they would stretch and be perfect.. lol.. I was dubious.. and from you comments I would say ye are right.. I do have slightly wide feet - if they did them in half sizes I say that might work..

they have them on amazon in half sizes but meh too much of a gamble..

will just try different styles

I like the look of them - they would be perfect for my holiday - handy as they are slip on too (provided they fit lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭canireally

I have looked into them myself as I have the same issue with getting them on in the shop. It was suggested I try the men's sizes as they would be a bit wider.. haven't tried it myself yet but might be worth a shot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭gutenberg

I have several pairs and they fit me from the start. In my experience they do stretch a bit with wear, but nothing dramatic. I have a pair that are easily 3-4 years old at least, and the part around the arch of the foot has stretched a little, but considering I wore them constantly for several summers in a row, that's not a lot. In fact, I'm throwing them away now but only because the footbed leather has started to crack and peel, and is uncomfortable. Otherwise they're perfect.

Got a pair of BOBS instead - the Sketchers brand version - my size fit perfectly - super comfy - and the look great - delighted - they will be perfect for my trip away

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭canireally

sporina wrote: »
    Got a pair of BOBS instead - the Sketchers brand version - my size fit perfectly - super comfy - and the look great - delighted - they will be perfect for my trip away

And do you find the Toms tight?

canireally wrote: »
    And do you find the Toms tight?

they might have been a tiny bit tight when I put them on first but having worn them around the house a few times, they now fit like a glove :)

Advertisement