Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Diet advice for becoming lean while eating healthy

• 06-09-2017 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Im al ready slim but i tend to build up fat arround my belly. I want to go on a diet and exercice/running. I want a diet where i know i am eating healthy but stay lean. Anyone have a good diet to go on. Appreciate your replies. The main reason ive been thinking of a diet was because ive been feeling sick eating what i thought was healthy, i think pasta, bread and rice seem to make me feel sick so could be allergic to it. Can anyone help?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭rolling boh

from my own experience of having a big tummy i took up cycling and changed my snacks to fruit as much as possible.I watched portion sizes of pasta and rice.I added more veg to my meals.I think its easier to make small changes across the board so it will be sustainable in the long run .All the changes i made are the norm now and i still have treats now and then.I lost two stone and went from 36 waist to 32 in about ten weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

from my own experience of having a big tummy i took up cycling and changed my snacks to fruit as much as possible.I watched portion sizes of pasta and rice.I added more veg to my meals.I think its easier to make small changes across the board so it will be sustainable in the long run .All the changes i made are the norm now and i still have treats now and then.I lost two stone and went from 36 waist to 32 in about ten weeks.

Fair play 😎😎

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Anthony M

WOW, well done, ya, think il try to reduce the amount of pasta and rice i eat. I think il stick to running as i enjoy it, think im going to see if im intolerable to some of the foods i eat. Thanks for everything

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Absolutely the best way to improve leanness is through eating properly and doing resistance exercises or weights; if you don't want to join a gym then there are various bodyweight fitness plans you can do at home.

In terms of eating, I'd focus mainly on good protein sources (chicken, beef, fish etc. - less so processed meats) and vegetables. You can of course have carbs but don't have them as your major food group (particularly makes sense if you have an aversion to pasta/bread/rice).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

As Amirani says, there's nothing wrong with carbs and as Darina Allen says, eat potatoes, not pasta.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Well the general consensus is a whole food plant based diet is the best for your overall health and well being. That's where all the research points too.

Plenty of youtube videos of experts and top doctors saying so, its even been used successfully in reversing heart disease, diabetes and other chronic illnesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Anthony M

I have done alot of research and have decided to try for a ballanced diet with protein, dairy, grains, fruit and veg. I did a search for the healthiest types for each section and will try to enquorpiat the healthiest ones where i can. Il let you know how I get on. Thank for your help everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Robinio

Amirani wrote: »
    Absolutely the best way to improve leanness is through eating properly and doing resistance exercises or weights; if you don't want to join a gym then there are various bodyweight fitness plans you can do at home.

In terms of eating, I'd focus mainly on good protein sources (chicken, beef, fish etc. - less so processed meats) and vegetables. You can of course have carbs but don't have them as your major food group (particularly makes sense if you have an aversion to pasta/bread/rice).
    I second this. Also, you can achieve a lot with some basic dumbbells at home, and it will likely be cheaper than a gym membership.

In regards to resistance exercise, this is very important. If you lose weight, and you are not including any resistance work, you will just get smaller, and the fat will remain.

Advertisement