Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE news said 50,000 people in arrears

• 06-09-2017 7:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭

A report on RTE news this evening said 50,000 people were in mortgage arrears in Ireland, and that Permanent TSB owned 26% of them. I find it very hard to believe that there are only 50,000 people with arrears in Ireland - I seem to hear daily stories of people losing their homes, dealing with banks, or in some sort of arrears - could this figure be correct or dumbed down? It didn't state if this was just Landlords or homeowners in general, however, other reports that I recall hearing are in and around this figure. Another article in The Journal today claims in and around 77,000 people are in arrears - I wonder do they know or are they just surmising.

http://www.thejournal.ie/mortgage-lender-court-what-happens-abhaile-mabs-3557454-Aug2017/

Advertisement