Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir/Open Eir refusing to install efibre cable

Options
  • 06-09-2017 8:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

A post in frustration, multiple phone calls, promises engineer visits saying above is possible. Now customer service reps say we have to dig our own access ducts despite an eir copper cable being fed through existing ducts. E fibre cable will just about fit according to the engineer but he needs to get help to complete job, stating worst case is to dig new ducting by eir. Eir have refused to remove existing copper cable from duct.
    I would like to draw attention to eir's statement on MAy 30th 2017 to the Irish Times ,"[font=Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif]“For homes and businesses within 50 metres of the network access point or that already have infrastructure installed, such as ducting on their property to deliver telecoms services, then Open Eir will deliver the fibre connection either as an aerial connection or alternatively will utilise the ducting that is in place on behalf the retail operator that is providing the service,” Eir said in a statement.[/font]
    [font=Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif]“In circumstances where the building is more than 50 metres away from the network access point and there is no existing ducting, then the customer will have to conduct the appropriate works to install infrastructure on their property,” it said.[/font]
    [font=Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif]“Once that work is completed, Open Eir will then install the cable into the duct and complete the connection and install the equipment into the home or business.”[/font]
    [font=Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif]I wish to point out we have existing infrastructure installed through ducting and are also less than 50 metres from the road. A telegraph pole is on the front of our property and aerial connection has been denied by phone reps. I wish to re-iterate, engineers have left our home saying extra work to be done by a different team[/font]
    [font=Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif]Please respond.[/font]
    [font=Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif]I would also be greatful if previous/existing eircom customers have any advice[/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Loueln wrote: »
    A post in frustration, multiple phone calls, promises engineer visits saying above is possible. Now customer service reps say we have to dig our own access ducts despite an eir copper cable being fed through existing ducts. E fibre cable will just about fit according to the engineer but he needs to get help to complete job, stating worst case is to dig new ducting by eir. Eir have refused to remove existing copper cable from duct.
    I would like to draw attention to eir's statement on MAy 30th 2017 to the Irish Times ,"[font=Georgia,]“For homes and businesses within 50 metres of the network access point or that already have infrastructure installed, such as ducting on their property to deliver telecoms services, then Open Eir will deliver the fibre connection either as an aerial connection or alternatively will utilise the ducting that is in place on behalf the retail operator that is providing the service,” Eir said in a statement.[/font]
    [font=Georgia,]“In circumstances where the building is more than 50 metres away from the network access point and there is no existing ducting, then the customer will have to conduct the appropriate works to install infrastructure on their property,” it said.[/font]
    [font=Georgia,]“Once that work is completed, Open Eir will then install the cable into the duct and complete the connection and install the equipment into the home or business.”[/font]
    [font=Georgia,]I wish to point out we have existing infrastructure installed through ducting and are also less than 50 metres from the road. A telegraph pole is on the front of our property and aerial connection has been denied by phone reps. I wish to re-iterate, engineers have left our home saying extra work to be done by a different team[/font]
    [font=Georgia,]Please respond.[/font]
    [font=Georgia,]I would also be greatful if previous/existing eircom customers have any advice[/font]
    Hi Loueln,

Sorry to hear of the issues you're having with your installation. Can you send me your full name and account number in a PM please? I'll look into this for you.

- Adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Loueln

Bumping this thread as now 2 working days plus have passed and no reply bar the automated email generated on submitting onlinecomplaint.
    Also discrepancies between what call out engineer tells us and logs on the system that the customer service people deal with. claiming our ducting is now blocked, yes blocked with the old eir copper cabling. Apparently this cannot be removed either,
    again i re-iterate above the quoates from the eir representative to the irish times this summer

Bumping this thread as now 2 working days plus have passed and no reply bar the automated email generated on submitting onlinecomplaint.
    Also discrepancies between what call out engineer tells us and logs on the system that the customer service people deal with. claiming our ducting is now blocked, yes blocked with the old eir copper cabling. Apparently this cannot be removed either,
    again i re-iterate above the quoates from the eir representative to the irish times this summer
    I've responded to your PM this morning Loulen. 

Thanks 

Adam 

eir: Adam wrote: »

Thanks 

Adam 
    Thanks 

Adam[/QUOTE]
    Dear ADam. Your technician opened the box on the side of the house only, please ask your technician to call in again and demonstrate where the line is blocked because the examination was not sufficient to determine this. We have check ourselves. Is it blocked at the road? because no mention of this was made at the visit. This comes across as an excuse after the fact rather than objective assessment at the time of examination. Secondly it has been c 5 working days since I logged a complaint on eir's online submission. Where is the reponse and where is the complaint number so I can refer on to comreg.
    Also the existing infrastructure is working fine through the ducting. There is no grass growing at the access point on our 
    BTW our account number is xxxxxxxx. for dealing with our poor existing service

Just been outside with my lantern
    Checked two nearest telephone poles from my house. one ivy 6 ft tall but not cabling coming down that pole
    Pole at boundary between neighbours and ourselves on gravel surface as two line coming down into two different ducting systems. assume both neighbours'and our own. no grass whatsoever growing nearby,
    one ducting circa 12 ft high where cables enters. I cannot inspect this until daylight and get my ladder out. 2nd ducting 5ft off ground, visual inspection, no blockage.
    This is where it would be helpful for your technician when out to tell us where he thinks the blockage is and confirm I am inspecting the correct ducting and not just tell us I need to get some help and some form of pneumatic device to help pass cable and they will be back to do this. no mention of blockage with grass or stones was made at the time.

• Advertisement

Checked two nearest telephone poles from my house. one ivy 6 ft tall but not cabling coming down that pole
    Pole at boundary between neighbours and ourselves on gravel surface as two line coming down into two different ducting systems. assume both neighbours'and our own. no grass whatsoever growing nearby,
    one ducting circa 12 ft high where cables enters. I cannot inspect this until daylight and get my ladder out. 2nd ducting 5ft off ground, visual inspection, no blockage.
    This is where it would be helpful for your technician when out to tell us where he thinks the blockage is and confirm I am inspecting the correct ducting and not just tell us I need to get some help and some form of pneumatic device to help pass cable and they will be back to do this. no mention of blockage with grass or stones was made at the time.
    Under a different account number we had problems with over billing, worthless promises and the internal phone around malarky. This was finally resolved with comreg's help with full refund and apology. I am stating this just to emphasise we have a little lack of trust in eir to respond satisfactorily to complaints, so would appreciate someone from open air to call around, inspect again and explain exactly what is preventing installation, offer a remedy and log the reasoning with eir exactly as they tell us. I suspect there is some difficulty in installation that we are not being fully informed of.

Thanks 

Adam 
    Thanks 

Adam
    Dear ADam. Your technician opened the box on the side of the house only, please ask your technician to call in again and demonstrate where the line is blocked because the examination was not sufficient to determine this. We have check ourselves. Is it blocked at the road? because no mention of this was made at the visit. This comes across as an excuse after the fact rather than objective assessment at the time of examination. Secondly it has been c 5 working days since I logged a complaint on eir's online submission. Where is the reponse and where is the complaint number so I can refer on to comreg.
    Also the existing infrastructure is working fine through the ducting. There is no grass growing at the access point on our 
    BTW our account number is xxxxxxxx. for dealing with our poor existing service[/QUOTE]

Hi,

I have responded to your PM about this.

- Adam

Dear Adam,
    If the ducting is proven not to be blocked I expect eir to cover the costs of the work
    Where is the ducting blocked acccording to your technician?. This was not mentioned by your technician when visitiing. He mentioned that he cannot pass the wire through easily ,"its a bit tight" and needs a rope and air compressor to complete the job. He did not state there was a blockage.
    Do you have a list of recommended technicians/contractors to do the work?
    Why can eir not remove the existing cable?
    Where is the [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial] [/font][font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]internal case reference number.[/font]
    thank  you

Dear Adam,
    If the ducting is proven not to be blocked I expect eir to cover the costs of the work
    Where is the ducting blocked acccording to your technician?. This was not mentioned by your technician when visitiing. He mentioned that he cannot pass the wire through easily ,"its a bit tight" and needs a rope and air compressor to complete the job. He did not state there was a blockage.
    Where is the [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial] [/font][font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]internal case reference number.[/font]
    thank  you

Dear Adam,
    thank  you

- Adam

• Advertisement

Dear Adam,
    thank  you

- Adam
    An update. Our ducting was perfectly patent, a rival company fitted the fibre cable without problems. Typical eir. What action will eir be taking for the false report our ducting was blocked? Does eir want to apologise? I think eir should.
    Also I still cannot log an official complaint. Eir is claiming data protection and asking proof my husband is authorised to talk to. My husband was authorised and named on the bill, but I note that eir have unilaterally changed our account number and taken my husbands name from the bill again in the last cpl of years.
    Luckily comreg has responded to our query

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Dear Adam,
    thank  you

- Adam
    An update. Our ducting was perfectly patent, a rival company fitted the fibre cable without problems. Typical eir. What action will eir be taking for the false report our ducting was blocked? Does eir want to apologise? I think eir should.
    Also I still cannot log an official complaint. Eir is claiming data protection and asking proof my husband is authorised to talk to. My husband was authorised and named on the bill, but I note that eir have unilaterally changed our account number and taken my husbands name from the bill again in the last cpl of years.
    I completely understand your frustration with this. 

I'm afraid we can only advise on the notes left by the technicians and this is the feedback we have passed onto yourself. Apologies if this was incorrect. 

The account was set up in your name only so your husband would need to be added as a named user for if he requests to make a complaint or access any information from the account. This is for data protection purposes. The customer care team on 1901 will be able to arrange this for you, they will need to speak with you directly. 

Apologies for all inconvenience caused. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Dear Adam,
    thank  you

- Adam

I'm afraid we can only advise on the notes left by the technicians and this is the feedback we have passed onto yourself. Apologies if this was incorrect. 

The account was set up in your name only so your husband would need to be added as a named user for if he requests to make a complaint or access any information from the account. This is for data protection purposes. The customer care team on 1901 will be able to arrange this for you, they will need to speak with you directly. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    We never left eircom. Your company unilaterally took my husband off the account and changed the account number. The customer care team have not replied to our request for the format of letter they require.
    We are finished with eircom. Cancellations rang today and waiting for the porting of our phone number to new provider
    Please note the feedback based on your technicians notes was to dig up the entire garden and lay new ducting at our own expense by our own contractor. this is unacceptable. Your company also stated that if the ducting was found to be patent by our contractor, your company would not cover the cost of this.
    I have recieved a complaint reference number from comreg within 48 hours of forwarding an email. Your company needs to do the same. Post it to me at the registered address if you like,, that should satisfy "data protection"

Also what action will eir be taking with their contractor's report on blocked ducting?

Dear Adam,
    thank  you

- Adam

Thanks 

Tracey 
    We never left eircom. Your company unilaterally took my husband off the account and changed the account number. The customer care team have not replied to our request for the format of letter they require.
    We are finished with eircom. Cancellations rang today and waiting for the porting of our phone number to new provider
    Please note the feedback based on your technicians notes was to dig up the entire garden and lay new ducting at our own expense by our own contractor. this is unacceptable. Your company also stated that if the ducting was found to be patent by our contractor, your company would not cover the cost of this.
    I have recieved a complaint reference number from comreg within 48 hours of forwarding an email. Your company needs to do the same. Post it to me at the registered address if you like,, that should satisfy "data protection"
    I'm sorry to hear this. 

I'm afraid we are unable to log a formal complaint from here, this needs to be done through the complaints team on 1800 200 481. We are currently experiencing issues with the email address, all details are in this link - https://www.eir.ie/complaints/

Once you have logged this complaint over the phone with an agent you can be provided with a reference number. The complaints team will investigate this and come back to you with a resolution. 

Unfortunately, there is no more I can do from here. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Dear Adam,
    thank  you

- Adam

Thanks 

Tracey 
    I'm sorry to hear this. 

I'm afraid we are unable to log a formal complaint from here, this needs to be done through the complaints team on 1800 200 481. We are currently experiencing issues with the email address, all details are in this link - https://www.eir.ie/complaints/

Once you have logged this complaint over the phone with an agent you can be provided with a reference number. The complaints team will investigate this and come back to you with a resolution. 

Unfortunately, there is no more I can do from here. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    The complaint was logged
    The complaints team then investigated and found no problem/asked for additional info, then decided data protection issues prevented it continuing further or issuing a complaint number
    Please read the statements and stop supplying canned answers that have already been given and addressed

Also try and answer questions asked please

Also try and answer questions asked please
    I'm afraid there is no open complaint in the system for you.

Our complaints team on 1800 200 481 will need to investigate this for you. 

We are unable to assist any further from here, unfortunately. 

Thanks 

Tracey

Advertisement