Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling groups under 30k

Options
  • 06-09-2017 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

hi, does anyone know of a cycling group in the North Kildare area that keep the routes below 30k? I'm reasonably fit and like cycling, but not up to the 60/70k that most enthusiastic groups do on their cycles.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

If you can manage 30km on your own you'll be well able for 60km in a group just check what speed they normally go at this is where you might get caught out. In general though beginner spins are 50km+ usually broken up with a coffee break.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Have a look at the Lucan CC Facebook page. They've been running 30km starter groups for the past few months in the evening time. With the darker evenings now, I'm not sure if the group will continue as it is though. Maybe give them a shout?

Outside of that, I think it would be fairly difficult to get people out for just ~30km. Setting yourself a goal of getting up to 50-60km will open up more groups for you to join. There are a couple of clubs close enough to you who offer spins from 60-80km.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭EAD

Naas CC run a Failte group on Saturday mornings of 30k approx. People generally then feed into the 50/60k spin that is run at the same time. Both spins have a coffee stop along the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 fibbs

thanks guys, I'll follow up on that info.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

Maynooth have a cycling club, very sociable etc, call into Maynooth cycles for info

• Advertisement
Advertisement