Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir broadband speed decrease after contract renewal

Options
  • 06-09-2017 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

I'm just wondering if anybody else has experienced a drop off in broadband speed after renewing their contract with Eir? I have been an Eir customer for years and upgraded to eFibre (VDSL) 3 years ago. I am approximately 900M away from the Fibre cabinet and was getting 34Mb download and 6Mb upload consistently for 3 years. I was very happy with the reliable service.

I decided to renew my Eir contract and add a mobile phone. I was informed there would be no changes to my broadband service. My broadband speed then nearly halved 30 minutes after I renewed. I phoned Eir Technical Support immediately and was informed my line could only do 18Mb and that the technician would have to contact openeir! I have called twice since and was informed the speed would automatically increase by this Friday as new software/hardware was being applied. I am highly skeptical about this and I see my max attainable rate has dropped from 42Mb to 20Mb! The last Eir Tech support engineer told me it has happened to loads of people.

I'm really sorry I renewed now and should have just let things be. Has anybody else experienced a similar issue after renewing their service with Eir?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The contract change just triggered their systems to notice the change. At some point before the line degraded and the rating dropped, now its been applied.

Get their techs to find and fix the fault, then the rating will rise within a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 mac25

I'm glad to say that my broadband speed returned to normal after a week. Fair play Eir!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 mac25

I'm glad to say that my broadband speed returned to normal after a week. Fair play Eir!

Advertisement