Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pain and bruise on body after dream

Options
  • 06-09-2017 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all
    I had a dream in which I was fighting or attacked or something like that. When I woke up I had pain in my left hand side near my kidney, like I'd been punched. The next morning I had a bruise, not a big bruise but noticeable all the same.
    I'm rationalising this in one of two ways:
    (1) The wife punched or kicked me in her sleep and its just a coincidence that I was dreaming of fighting.
    (2) ok, here's the "different" one. The dream caused the bruise, as a dream is an electrical signal from the brain, the same as the eye sends an electrical signal to the brain when we are awake, so could the dream being played in my brain have seen the dream punch as a real punch which sent a signal to my body as a response to what the brain is seeing?
    Or am I just nuts? Lol!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

tom1ie wrote: »
    Hi all
    I had a dream in which I was fighting or attacked or something like that. When I woke up I had pain in my left hand side near my kidney, like I'd been punched. The next morning I had a bruise, not a big bruise but noticeable all the same.
    I'm rationalising this in one of two ways:
    (1) The wife punched or kicked me in her sleep and its just a coincidence that I was dreaming of fighting.
    (2) ok, here's the "different" one. The dream caused the bruise, as a dream is an electrical signal from the brain, the same as the eye sends an electrical signal to the brain when we are awake, so could the dream being played in my brain have seen the dream punch as a real punch which sent a signal to my body as a response to what the brain is seeing?
    Or am I just nuts? Lol!

People get bruised all the time and don't remember how they got them. Coincidence you found one after dreaming of a fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Deub

Or when your wife kicked you, the dream you were in changed into a fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

I'd say the injury, or rather the pain, got incorporated into the dream, not the other way round (and not a coincidence as such).

I would be curious about what caused the bruise, if it's a bruise. I can't imagine it's easy for a sleeping woman to hit you so hard that she leaves a mark, and it's not a part of your body that it's easy to accidentally knock into something.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

I'd say the injury, or rather the pain, got incorporated into the dream, not the other way round (and not a coincidence as such).

I would be curious about what caused the bruise, if it's a bruise. I can't imagine it's easy for a sleeping woman to hit you so hard that she leaves a mark, and it's not a part of your body that it's easy to accidentally knock into something.

Yeah exactly. As far as I'm concerned it couldn't have been my wife, especially as I woke up straight away and would have probably coped that.
    So is theory two completely impossible?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

tom1ie wrote: »
    Yeah exactly. As far as I'm concerned it couldn't have been my wife, especially as I woke up straight away and would have probably coped that.
    So is theory two completely impossible?

I reckon.

If you're having any other symptoms lately, maybe you should visit the GP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

Probably a demon tbh. Succubus .

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭ham_n_mustard

Heres a third possibility:

You kept your wife wide awake with all the dream beatings you are dishing out. The wife gets sick of it and gives you an Ike Turner of a slap to the kidneys. you wake up and she pretends to be asleep.

im fairly sure my missus did this to me more than once

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Heres a third possibility:

You kept your wife wide awake with all the dream beatings you are dishing out. The wife gets sick of it and gives you an Ike Turner of a slap to the kidneys. you wake up and she pretends to be asleep.

im fairly sure my missus did this to me more than once

Me and the wife are gonna have a chat!!

Advertisement