Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boy racers at tesco maynooth

Options
  • 06-09-2017 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Moved in nearby and every night they seem to race up and down the road outside Tescos with loud engine noise
    Wondering was this a recent thing or being going on for ages in the town, who would be best to contact abut this anti social behaviour

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

the police.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭brian_t

I presume these are the same ones who park 2 or 3 abreast in Tesco car park while they eat their takeaways and then throw their rubbish out the window.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

They have scared the life out of me more then once revving their engines and accelerating through the car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

Might be an idea to talk to Tesco store manager- they don't necessarily want this happening so might get the security onsite to be more proactive in moving them on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

baaba maal wrote:
    Might be an idea to talk to Tesco store manager- they don't necessarily want this happening so might get the security onsite to be more proactive in moving them on

I doubt that these sorts will give a ****e about the lads Tesco etc employ as security.

Gardaí need to take an interest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Redsoxfan wrote: »

Gardaí need to take an interest.

Doubtful they care enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,886 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Tesco security will be minimal at that time of night - this has all started since the 24h opening ceased. Tesco have entirely moved away from 24h opening; the last holdout of Roselawn which had Gardai and hospital staff to keep it going seems to have stopped now too.

I imagine that if McDonalds wasn't there and 24h they'd barrier off the carpark after a certain time.

If Leixlip Gardai (Maynooth station is closed for public enquiries at that hour if not closed entirely) are not repsonsive, write to the Superintendent about it.

edit: I tell a lie; they have dropped 24h anywhere near Dublin - but Wilton in Cork is still 24h. Cork has less small 24h shops than Dublin so that might help

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Good luck calling leixlip as well. I had cause to ring them recently at 7pm on a Thursday... it rang out.

OP much as I hate saying it ... ring or email frank O'Rourke he is about the only person who responds and will take it up

Don't waste your time with kcc this is north kildare they have little or no interest in anything outside naas unless it's raising business rates by 30 %.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

After hours everything in North Kildare is handled by Leixlip Garda Station, who typically have next to no staff working the late shift.

Ironically when Leixlip used to be part of the DMP area (the Garda station closed at 5.30pm and Lucan took all the calls after that), policing was much better in North Kildare overall. Now the newly formed North Kildare division, head quartered in Leixlip, has the lowest detection rates in the country.

I brought some photos I'd taken of "dealing" in my area up the Leixlip Garda station around this time last year... they told me they didn't want them as they'd no resources to deal with them, and to write to the Minister asking for extra resources instead.

Advertisement