Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Rock En Seine Festival in Paris the week before the Picnic.

29511575_10156233654773851_7652130492963094528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=427afb96fc40d216934dd830b0a2ba68&oe=5B30EF30

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Funny to hear it from the other side! :D I remember so clearly my first EP when I was 21 on the Sunday night myself and a friend just went off and had a wander through all of the areas we hadn't been to over the weekend, went into Body & Soul around 10pm and couldn't believe what we had discovered.. Generally small little tents with an older crowd all dancing and having a sing along to disco, soul, funk.. I was yapping away to anyone who would listen and couldn't get over how friendly everyone was, people more than twice my age giving me cans, fags, telling me stories and generally having an amazing time.. Someone recommended Mother DJs to us who were due to start in a few hours and the rest is history. Haven't missed them at an EP since!

It was a real 'lightbulb' moment as I definitely look back to that night as the moment I fell in love with EP, I had never realised so many people liked the same music I did!

Mother djs are a cracking way to finish off the picnic. Unfortunately I've missed out the last couple of years due to kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

declanleo wrote: »
    Mother djs are a cracking way to finish off the picnic. Unfortunately I've missed out the last couple of years due to kids.

Yeah! baby

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

tfarrell wrote: »
    Has anyone received hard copies of instalment tickets?

It's over 5 months to the festival. No need to panic.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Dirty Projectors would be a nice add...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Need them to sell though :pac:

Wouldn't mind Idles / Ezra Furman / Dirty Projectors from that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,668 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

A few more announced for Electric Fields, same weekend as EP. No crossover yet, as far as I can see, but a lot of acts there who belong in Stradbally.

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/18/180327k.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

PSB can come back every year. They were epic in the downpour last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

You sir ( or madam) are a legend . :)

Call me, Madame Legend :pac:

Ah he's a good kid, good head on his shoulders despite sometimes so obviously being a teenager. Cant wait to have a pint in the sun watching a band with him. And laugh at him when he has no idea how to put up a tent or forgot all the essential things I told him to bring :D

On another note, I'm off to Young Fathers tonight - only saw them for the first time at the Picnic last year after sticking them on a pre-listening playlist and was mesmerised. The Academy as well which is one of my favourite places for a gig. Exciting!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

maximoose wrote: »

I'd second that.. Would love to see them back again..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Need them to sell though :pac:

Wouldn't mind Idles / Ezra Furman / Dirty Projectors from that

Reckon Ezra Furman will be announced once his gig in the Tivoli in May either sells out or is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭whelzer

eplady2017 wrote: »
    I'd second that.. Would love to see them back again..

Agreed - one of the highlights for me last year. Think we ended up coming back later for La Boom, rain was even worse, crazy night!

I was probably the most uncool person there in my wet gear...but bone dry!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Reckon Ezra Furman will be announced once his gig in the Tivoli in May either sells out or is over.

Did he not play last year though?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Twice, I think. I was looking forward to him but clashes ruled me out. Seem to remember some less than positive reactions to him on here? Anyway, like his stuff, I wouldn't mind seeing him added.

Snarky Snark Snark

Found him distinctly annoying, there were others that liked him a lot though so what ever else, he's divisive.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Brickinthewall

+1 , would love to see them added, deadly show last year.

Holding out for a strong 2nd announcement and B&S announcement. I've gone through the EP Spotify playlist a few times now and there's very little that stands out for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭tfarrell

want to get rid of them

Snarky Snark Snark

image_content_9708115_20180319152153.jpg

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Twice, I think. I was looking forward to him but clashes ruled me out. Seem to remember some less than positive reactions to him on here? Anyway, like his stuff, I wouldn't mind seeing him added.

Furman was 2016, and indeed played twice. Saw him in Rankins Wood (?) and really enjoyed his set. Later one at Body & Soul supposedly a let down. Had possibly used up all his intensity earlier?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

He played twice the year before last.

Caught a few mins of his set in the Cosby which was decent, and i agree he came across as a bit of a dick later on in Body & Soul.

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

He played twice the year before last.

Caught a few mins of his set in the Cosby which was decent, and i agree he came across as a bit of a dick later on in Body & Soul.

I could have sworn it was last year, getting scary the way they all bleed into each other.

Dick or not, didn't enjoy him but would give the guy kudos for flying in to go along to what must seem to be be buttfcuk nowhere and playing in the middle of the night after his earlier set.

I could have sworn it was last year, getting scary the way they all bleed into each other.

Dick or not, didn't enjoy him but would give the guy kudos for flying in to go along to what must seem to be be buttfcuk nowhere and playing in the middle of the night after his earlier set.

Image wise Furman & Perfume Genius could blur into each other. The latter also did two sets last year I think.

Snarky Snark Snark

Missed perfume genius, would have liked to seen him

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Would the Wedding Present ever play? Never saw them. They are superb. Hearing them on BBC 6 music at present.
    They are touring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭fourmations

Missed perfume genius, would have liked to seen him

He was amazing imo, great energy, passionate etc, very dark though, wasn't a laugh a minute or anything! Well impressed though

• Registered Users Posts: 19,739 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

mgkelly wrote: »
    Would the Wedding Present ever play? Never saw them. They are superb. Hearing them on BBC 6 music at present.
    They are touring.

I would LOVE IT if they did.

I've seen them about 10 times over the years. This year is the 30th anniversary of Tommy too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭fourmations

everlast75 wrote: »
    I would LOVE IT if they did.

I've seen them about 10 times over the years. This year is the 30th anniversary of Tommy too :)

Big fan of Boing!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Dany Hitch

BigMo1 wrote: »
    I'll never forget that set. Massive announcement before the gig about the dangerous "blue ghosts" and if you had any to dispose of them. Around 99% were disposed down people's necks :D

I can still remember the look of fear on my friend's face at that announcement: thought he'd seen a ghost.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Dany Hitch wrote: »
    I can still remember the look of fear on my friend's face at that announcement: thought he'd seen a ghost.

A blue one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭MiniFridgeMen

A blue one?

He said his name was Inky

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement