Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭fourmations

Slabs in Tesco for 20/22 e if anyone has the resolve to leave them alone til September!! ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Noel gallagher definitely out anyway. Playing elsewhere the 3nights now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Slabs in Tesco for 20/22 e if anyone has the resolve to leave them alone til September!! ðŸ˜႒
    davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Noel gallagher definitely out anyway. Playing elsewhere the 3nights now
    Too much good news at once, lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

I see Liam "Galliggg-her's" FR gig in Finsbury park is sold out, I hope the **** he's not added! I couldn't tolerate being in the same county as the ****!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Fatfrog wrote: »
    I see Liam "Galliggg-her's" FR gig in Finsbury park is sold out, I hope the **** he's not added! I couldn't tolerate being in the same county as the ****!!

He is already doing Malahide and Ormeau during the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭duckdiggler

kg703 wrote: »
    You sir ( or madam) are a legend . :)

Call me, Madame Legend :pac:

Ah he's a good kid, good head on his shoulders despite sometimes so obviously being a teenager. Cant wait to have a pint in the sun watching a band with him. And laugh at him when he has no idea how to put up a tent or forgot all the essential things I told him to bring :D

On another note, I'm off to Young Fathers tonight - only saw them for the first time at the Picnic last year after sticking them on a pre-listening playlist and was mesmerised. The Academy as well which is one of my favourite places for a gig. Exciting!
    Totally also agree on Young Fathers - they were great last EP and I also went during the week in the Academy and brilliant again. I'd love if they did EP again with new album but they probably wont.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,668 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Very impressed by Mount Kimbie on Other Voices. Been on my radar for a couple of years but this newer stuff sounds like they've progressed a bit. Another goodie for my EP list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Very impressed by Mount Kimbie on Other Voices. Been on my radar for a couple of years but this newer stuff sounds like they've progressed a bit. Another goodie for my EP list.

Brilliant band. Only way to improve them would be if King Krule performs with them! Those type of guest appearances aren't hugely common but they are very close.

Actually, speaking of that scene, any chance of James Blake being added? I think he's announced some live shows but not sure what extent. New song out already this year.

Missed him a few years ago at EP (was at John Grant, great show) but would love to see him. Couldn't make it to Kendrick in the 3Arena but was as keen to go for Blake in support as Kendrick!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

Radiohead have added electric picnic to their tour page on their website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

:D:P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,740 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Peter File wrote: »

I will hunt you down.....

(Not really)

Does this mean they are playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Peter File wrote: »

I totally fell for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

everlast75 wrote: »
    Does this mean they are playing?

Reading too much into some crazy fans twitter page.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So now the lull to the next spate of festival announcements and not just the Picnic, you can see the tumbleweed in Gigs and Events at the moment, hurry up tae fcuk the summer or some heat anyway.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-_l4uytaja59V0uhxxbDqrKLaDr571h963UC3C0LJoLHjPr8U4g

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

check those dance moves at 6:30!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭glencurtis252

Has anyone listened to Gerry cinnamon id like to see him added.. think he's playing academy soon though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Totally also agree on Young Fathers - they were great last EP and I also went during the week in the Academy and brilliant again. I'd love if they did EP again with new album but they probably wont.

Twas a great gig!

Ya never know, Massive Attack playing, could shnake in together somewhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Dixon Bainbridge

The b+s story reminds me of my first ep. Lost my friends and phone in b+s,ended up tagging along with about 4 or 5 others who'd lost their mates .we sort of formed a gang and set off about the festival on a quest to find our lost companions,we stumbled across this small wooden shack playing new order,Mondays and other indie classics so just stayed in there,it was brilliant,forgot about finding my mates my new gang seemed far cooler at the time. Wound up at my tent eventually but it was the best couple of hours I've had at ep,probably 10-12 years ago now. Still wonder did the rest of my hastily formed platoon ever find their mates or are they still roaming the woods in stradbally

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

The b+s story reminds me of my first ep. Lost my friends and phone in b+s,ended up tagging along with about 4 or 5 others who'd lost their mates .we sort of formed a gang and set off about the festival on a quest to find our lost companions,we stumbled across this small wooden shack playing new order,Mondays and other indie classics so just stayed in there,it was brilliant,forgot about finding my mates my new gang seemed far cooler at the time. Wound up at my tent eventually but it was the best couple of hours I've had at ep,probably 10-12 years ago now. Still wonder did the rest of my hastily formed platoon ever find their mates or are they still roaming the woods in stradbally

I love this!! Random mates can be the best.

Last year we made some friends, we went out to watch Pete Tong, everyone else split up (we were in a v. dancey music humour) met some random couple in the crowd and started having great craic. Turns out they live down the road from us and when they brought us to their group of mates, one of them was in my husbands class in secondary school :D:D:D So very Irish. I remember them telling us they were getting married in five weeks, I still wonder every now and again and hope it went well :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 49 CantonaGod

Festival No6 is on in Wales the weekend after EP. Friendly Fires and Jessie Ware are already on both line ups so there is a potential EP may get a few more…The The, Friendly Fires, Franz Ferdinand, Jessie Ware, The Charlatans, Everything Everything, Hurts Django Djago, Ride, Anna Cavali, Gaz Coombes, The Horrors, Baxter Drury, A Certain Ratio are among the headline acts.

https://festivalnumber6.com/

Yes love It!!!

Dont want to sound like an oul fella but around the first EP's memory banks weren't really a thing? The phone companies weren't involved, so no courtesy charging.
    Joe Bananas stall in Hendrix started €5 charges in >08'ish I think, but inconvenient.

Even if you had full charge the mobile coverage on site was brutal!! No ring tone when you tried to make calls, wouldn't be uncommon for a Saturday text message to only be delivered on Monday or Tuesday:D (Freaking the **** out of everyone involved!!) Forget about mobile internet.....

Your post just brought me back completely, I'd imagine that was most people's experience, If you got split up inside your choices we're 1) Go back to the tent and wait or 2) go explore!!;)

does anyone know when volunteers are notified that they are selected?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Yes love It!!!

Dont want to sound like an oul fella but around the first EP's memory banks weren't really a thing? The phone companies weren't involved, so no courtesy charging.
    Joe Bananas stall in Hendrix started €5 charges in >08'ish I think, but inconvenient.

Even if you had full charge the mobile coverage on site was brutal!! No ring tone when you tried to make calls, wouldn't be uncommon for a Saturday text message to only be delivered on Monday or Tuesday:D (Freaking the **** out of everyone involved!!) Forget about mobile internet.....

Your post just brought me back completely, I'd imagine that was most people's experience, If you got split up inside your choices we're 1) Go back to the tent and wait or 2) go explore!!;)

So true! I always ended up loosing everyone on the Friday night due to my inability to show any form of restraint whatsoever!!now my friends are stuck with on the fri night...mmmmm maybe they would prefer the way it back the way it was then... ah who am I kidding! I’m a howl!

everlast75 wrote: »
    does anyone know when volunteers are notified that they are selected?

Just PMed you there with some contact details. :)

Actually it depends, are you volunteering with Body&Soul Village volunteers or the Festival Republic volunteers.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Has anyone listened to Gerry cinnamon id like to see him added.. think he's playing academy soon though!!

He's playing the academy 2nd of June. Gig was moved from Whelan due to demand. I can see him being added. He's decent

Would still like to see this guy crop on either B&S Festival or the Picnic, he remains undiscovered to the rest of Ireland at the moment but I would dub him a Belfast Jon Hopkins or Four Tet and I know I keep sharing this one video, but its phucking great! :)

• Advertisement

Rfrip wrote: »
    Yes love It!!!

So true! I always ended up loosing everyone on the Friday night due to my inability to show any form of restraint whatsoever!!now my friends are stuck with on the fri night...mmmmm maybe they would prefer the way it back the way it was then... ah who am I kidding! I’m a howl!
     It's such a distracting place like, if you're moving in a group it's impossible, particularly if you're trying to catch an act. I got zoned into watching a gas powered centrifuge thingy a bit like that fighter pilots use for g-force training. Just stood there looking at.... mates gone!! It ended up being a giant orange juicer. Actually how the **** were they allowed this??
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnnTxTcM6bs

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement