Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭dubecho

Would still like to see this guy crop on either B&S Festival or the Picnic, he remains undiscovered to the rest of Ireland at the moment but I would dub him a Belfast Jon Hopkins or Four Tet and I know I keep sharing this one video, but its phucking great! :)

Nice one. Video reminds me of a trip in the EA tent one year ...lol

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭evani1976

CantonaGod wrote: »
    Festival No6 is on in Wales the weekend after EP. Friendly Fires and Jessie Ware are already on both line ups so there is a potential EP may get a few more…The The, Friendly Fires, Franz Ferdinand, Jessie Ware, The Charlatans, Everything Everything, Hurts Django Djago, Ride, Anna Cavali, Gaz Coombes, The Horrors, Baxter Drury, A Certain Ratio are among the headline acts.

https://festivalnumber6.com/

Were great on other voices lately...

https://youtu.be/89klPhSm9ZM

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Your post just brought me back completely, I'd imagine that was most people's experience, If you got split up inside your choices we're 1) Go back to the tent and wait or 2) go explore!!;)

For years we always had the same meeting point, the tree to the right of the sound station at the main stage.

It was gas when a couple of years later newbies joined us and we were all so casually "see you at the tree for ___" The newbs never really caught on and kept getting lost :o

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

Think i seen a few posts back that Sleaford Mods where on a website announcement or maybe self announced. Can't seem to find it, did I just imagine it?🀔
    Looking forward to seeing if any bands self announce by mistake as the summer comes closer always good to get a few names before the 2nd wave.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,668 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

To while away the hours what about suggestions for acts you've never seen and that also have never played the Picnic but would fit in nicely? I've a few to start:

The The
    The Heavy
    Ultravox
    ELO
    Green on Red
    Sunflower Bean
    Cabbage
    The Gloaming
    Courtney Barnett
    Joanna Newsom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    To while away the hours what about suggestions for acts you've never seen that have never played the Picnic but would fit in nicely? I've a few to start:

The The
    The Heavy
    Ultravox
    ELO
    Green on Red
    Sunflower Bean
    Cabbage
    The Gloaming
    Courtney Barnett
    Joanna Newsom

oldies:
    Bran Van 3000 (I say this every year, but so obvious)
    Boards of Canada (as likely as flying pigs)
    Prefuse 73
    Stiff Little Fingers
    Amon Tobin

newbies:
    Snapped Ankles
    Kate Nash
    Hookworms
    Shame (playing B&S this year, so its all good)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭fourmations

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    To while away the hours what about suggestions for acts you've never seen that have never played the Picnic but would fit in nicely? I've a few to start:

The The
    The Heavy
    Ultravox
    ELO
    Green on Red
    Sunflower Bean
    Cabbage
    The Gloaming
    Courtney Barnett
    Joanna Newsom

Kurt & Courtney would be wonderful

• Registered Users Posts: 8,668 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

oldies:
    Prefuse 73
    Stiff Little Fingers
    Amon Tobin

newbies:
    Snapped Ankles
    Kate Nash
    Hookworms

How have they never played? Bad relationship with both sets of promoters? Odd when we've had almost every other Irish act of note bar U2, Enya & Van.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Anyone got Gengahr on their radar? Great debut album. Sound like a real Picnic band.

In other news, whilst not my usual cup of tea that new george Ezra album is bloody catchy! Painting this afternoon and listened to it twice. Should be good afternoon fare

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Wooderson

A big fat "Aww bless" at the poor hoor that suggested Boards of Canada.

• Advertisement

Wooderson wrote: »
    A big fat "Aww bless" at the poor hoor that suggested Boards of Canada.

there is no need for "aww bless" as it was with a caveat of "as likely as flying pigs"... the question was about who would fit in nicely so BoC would indeed fit nicely even if it never going to happen.

and fvck off with your "poor hoor" .. I charge 800 for a handjob .. nothing poor about me.

You patronising git.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Does anyone know if Kendrick will have the live band with him at picnic that he had on the DAMN tour?

Please say no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Does anyone know if Kendrick will have the live band with him at picnic that he had on the DAMN tour?

Please say no.

I didn't see any of his shows on the DAMN tour but out of curiosity, did the live band not work?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

I didn't see any of his shows on the DAMN tour but out of curiosity, did the live band not work?

It was pretty cool to hear the songs presented in a different way but a lot of them sounded a bit flat there was no bass. The band was too loud as well it overpowered the songs and Kendricks rapping a lot of the time as well.

Other people might have liked it but it wasn't for me at all. Gig was still excellent

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Looks like the way the headliners were on the poster is which day each act is playing since EP just put a video of Kendrick saying Friday the 31st

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Looks like the way the headliners were on the poster is which day each act is playing since EP just put a video of Kendrick saying Friday the 31st
    I'd be surprised to see him on the Friday but delighted. I really want Massive Attack on the Saturday and having as big a name as Kendrick on the Friday would give Friday a sense of status that it doesn't always have. Would kick things off nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

he's playing Reading and Leeds the previous Sat/Sun, so probably wants to do EP ASAP and then head back to the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

oldies:
    Prefuse 73
    Stiff Little Fingers
    Amon Tobin

newbies:
    Snapped Ankles
    Kate Nash
    Hookworms

Probably a bit of wishful thinking there since BOC haven't played a gig for 17 years since 2001, on a similar note wouldn't mind Thievery Corporation or Kruder & Dorfmeister added myself.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Jaysus, haven’t thought of thievery Corp in years. Must give them a blast again

Probably a bit of wishful thinking there since BOC haven't played a gig for 17 years since 2001, on a similar note wouldn't mind Thievery Corporation or Kruder & Dorfmeister added myself.

Obviously BoC won't be playing, hence the pigs might fly reference...

• Advertisement

Jaysus, haven’t thought of thievery Corp in years. Must give them a blast again

I think they played the 2006 EP if I remember the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Dany Hitch

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Yes love It!!!

Dont want to sound like an oul fella but around the first EP's memory banks weren't really a thing? The phone companies weren't involved, so no courtesy charging.
    Joe Bananas stall in Hendrix started €5 charges in >08'ish I think, but inconvenient.

Even if you had full charge the mobile coverage on site was brutal!! No ring tone when you tried to make calls, wouldn't be uncommon for a Saturday text message to only be delivered on Monday or Tuesday:D (Freaking the **** out of everyone involved!!) Forget about mobile internet.....

Your post just brought me back completely, I'd imagine that was most people's experience, If you got split up inside your choices we're 1) Go back to the tent and wait or 2) go explore!!;)

Always option 2 for me.

Home Festival in Italy on the same weekend of the Picnic has some good ones.
    Alt-j, White Lies, Wombats, Django Django, The Prodigy, Incubus, Prozac and Roni Size featuring Dynamite MC.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

Home Festival in Italy on the same weekend of the Picnic has some good ones. Alt-j, White Lies, Wombats, Django Django, The Prodigy, Incubus, Prozac and Roni Size featuring Dynamite MC.

There goes my prodigy hopes for the weekend

jimmy180sx wrote: »
    There goes my prodigy hopes for the weekend

That's just their Friday, dance acts have closed Saturday nights sometimes at EP, would be perfect for before MA on Saturday, perfect balance of wild and then chilled.

http://www.theprodigy.com/live/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Wooderson

there is no need for "aww bless" as it was with a caveat of "as likely as flying pigs"... the question was about who would fit in nicely so BoC would indeed fit nicely even if it never going to happen.

and fvck off with your "poor hoor" .. I charge 800 for a handjob .. nothing poor about me.

You patronising git.

I’d be up for The Smiths and Talk Talk if that’s the way this thread is now leaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Wooderson wrote: »
    I’d be up for The Smiths and Talk Talk if that’s the way this thread is now leaning.

I’ll have the original Pink Floyd line up. Piper era.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,630 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I’ll have the original Pink Floyd line up. Piper era.

We'll remake the UFO club for the occasion

sydthebeat wrote: »
    We'll remake the UFO club for the occasion

Jeez if we're going down this route, the original Camembert Electrique GONG line up pleez and the Hawkwind Space Ritual lineup from late 1972 as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Shame were fantastic in Whelan’s last night. B&S folks in for a treat.

Hopefully added to EP down the road. Very interactive with the crowd but I’m too old for the rowdiness at one off gigs... but at a festival I might be persuaded.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement