Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,630 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Jeez if we're going down this route, the original Camembert Electrique GONG line up pleez and the Hawkwind Space Ritual lineup from late 1972 as well.

If you were to pick one gig you could attend what would it be?

The Floyd in the UFO would be high on my list, but this tour just blows all others out of the water :

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_GbTS_jmYhnw/S4RqJd4_ONI/AAAAAAAAAK4/-oNBGLVXhM0/s1600-h/chart1.jpg

The nice with Davy o list (having to stand in for syd a few times), lemmy as a roady... Hendrix in his pomp, Amen corner, the Move in their trippy smoky ways...
    What a mind fcuk that gig would be

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Few shouts I'd like for the second announcement:

Tame Impala (as always)
    Frank Ocean
    Childish Gambino
    The Streets
    Julia Holter
    Christine and the Queens
    Basement Jaxx
    The The
    Bill Callahan
    Julianna Barwick
    Temples
    Anohni
    Air
    Big Boi
    Charlotte Gainsbourg
    Battles
    My Morning Jacket
    Beak>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

Arctic Monkeys announced date for 3arena late september - guess that's them out too

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Yeah. After they weren’t in the first announcement there was no chance anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 EmtLarkin

The Darkness would be great. Any chance of that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

When can the next announcement be expected, does anybody know?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

EmtLarkin wrote: »
    The Darkness would be great. Any chance of that?
    Saw 'The Darkness' a few years ago, in NZ, when they first came on the scene. Didn't know if they'd be much good, but they actually were.
    This is probably grossly unfair, but I almost think of The Darkness, now, as a caricature of themselves; as almost a comedy act. Almost in a Spinal Tap, turn it up to 11, sort of way. Saying that, nothing wrong with said approach! 
    They are supporting Queen/Adam Lambert in Marlay Park, I think.
    Would go see them if they came to EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Knex. wrote: »
    When can the next announcement be expected, does anybody know?

Think it was near the end of June last year when we got the second announcement. Think we might have had B&S lineup before that though..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

eplady2017 wrote: »
    Think it was near the end of June last year when we got the second announcement. Think we might have had B&S lineup before that though..

You be correct there. 23rd of June was the second wave of main stuff last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

You be correct there. 23rd of June was the second wave of main stuff last year.

Yeah I remember people looking at the lineup online on their phones at the opening day of Body & Soul Festival last year.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

144 sleeps.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Loving Tracey thorns new album... would be a great addition

• Subscribers Posts: 41,630 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Rfrip wrote: »

.... Protection live with her would be simply heaven!!

sydthebeat wrote: »

.... Protection live with her would be simply heaven!!
    Tracey Thorn would indeed be good.
    "Protection" - now, there's an idea!

Snarky Snark Snark

PSA : Protection is something everyone should have in their washbag kits for the weekend, even if you're not intending on "stuff", a member of your party might be...
    Help protect your parties member or a strangers member with protection.

Yeah save yourself a trip to the pharmacy in stradbally on Saturday morning... hah :o

• Registered Users Posts: 39 BlaaEater

T'would, but she doesn't play live any more...

BlaaEater wrote: »

T'would, but she doesn't play live any more...
    That's an awful pity. Didn't know that.
    Personal reasons i.e. nerves etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,668 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

mgkelly wrote: »

Nerves. Heard an interview with her on the Lauren Laverne show last month. Was pretty clear that she won't be getting on a stage anytime soon.

Seathrun66 wrote: »

Nerves. Heard an interview with her on the Lauren Laverne show last month. Was pretty clear that she won't be getting on a stage anytime soon.
    Ah, too bad. Reminds me of Kate Bush, in that, as far as I understand, that is why she doesn't perform. And I think she values her privacy too much. 
    One always thinks such folks are impervious to these things. They do what I view to be 'wonderful things', so how could they be nervous?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭fourmations

Mr.S wrote: »
    Thread cleaned up a bit, let’s err stay on topic and less bickering :)

ah here, what did i miss!

Mr.S wrote: »
    Thread cleaned up a bit, let’s err stay on topic and less bickering :)

Not quite bickering. When someone makes such callous and irresponsible references to women I think it's fair to pull him up on it. We're not neanderthals.

Ah, too bad. Reminds me of Kate Bush, in that, as far as I understand, that is why she doesn't perform. And I think she values her privacy too much. 
    One always thinks such folks are impervious to these things. They do what I view to be 'wonderful things', so how could they be nervous?

Same with Liz Fraser, Green from Scritti Politti & many others. Took years off from playing but in the latter case seems to have overcome it. So we can live in hope on the others appearing here again.

Why am I reading so much nonsense on Facebook about the arctic monkeys being added? Who do these people reckon they’ll be playing second fiddle to? Or perhaps they’ll headline the EA? Maybe it’s just denial.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭fourmations

MadYaker wrote: »
    Why am I reading so much nonsense on Facebook about the arctic monkeys being added? Who do these people reckon they’ll be playing second fiddle to? Or perhaps they’ll headline the EA? Maybe it’s just denial.

is it that impossible? Noel G was added after the headliners
    and he's a huge act,

Yeah and he played second last before Lana del Ray so he wasn’t a headliner. I can’t see AM doing that.

Yeah and he played second last before Lana del Ray so he wasn’t a headliner. I can’t see AM doing that.

Did EP announce the three top acts as headliners as they did last year? I don't think so but I can't be sure. We've had many major (including headlining) acts announced later over the years including Blur, My Bloody Valentine & The Killers.

Not saying it'll happen but there's a chance of a major act, however can't see it being AM given they're playing Dublin a few weeks after the fest. More likely Bjork, the Valentines or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

NG played the Sat night before LCD.. Think New Order played before Lana Del Ray on the Sunday..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

If Kings of Leon aren’t announced soon for Belfast vital they’re going to be the next sub headliners of Electric picnic.

Same goes for Catfish and the bottle men.

Dread

Announcements for Glasgow summer sessions are out now.

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

Much as I despise the kings of Leon and their poor safety record in their prevention of combustion of the genital area, they are not sub headliners, they’d be headliners in their own right

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement