Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Much as I despise the kings of Leon and their poor safety record in their prevention of combustion of the genital area, they are not sub headliners, they’d be headliners in their own right

I reckon they play before massive attack if added

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Mr.S wrote: »
    Are they still big these days? Their 3Arena date(s) struggled to sell out.

Ireland has a strange fascination with them tho, remember when they headlined Oxegen two years in a row?

They sold out the 3 dates (total of 39,000) last year, they would be one of the biggest draws in Ireland and are too big (In Ireland) to even play EP let alone be sub headliner's.

The days of EP paying top dollar for BIG international acts is well gone and won't be coming back

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Arctic Monkeys and Kings of Leon playing below the headliners :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

The days of EP paying top dollar for BIG international acts is well gone and won't be coming back

I’d think they still are very much paying top dollar for the headline acts but some just don’t like who the acts are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

They sold out the 3 dates (total of 39,000) last year, they would be one of the biggest draws in Ireland and are too big (In Ireland) to even play EP let alone be sub headliner's.

Hahahaha ffs. Kendrick Lamar is far bigger than Kings of Leon right now son, wakey wakey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭glencurtis252

I think arctic monkeys could still be a small shout and announced late like blur.. possibly didn't want to be announced in the first wave knowing they wer announcing there 3 arena gigs.. very unlikely but not impossible

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Hahahaha ffs. Kendrick Lamar is far bigger than Kings of Leon right now son, wakey wakey.

I think he means in Irish terms rather than worldwide.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Finally the start of the festival streaming this Friday of Coachella 2018, there is probably some stuff in the EP lineup here too but for loads of other Irish events taking place over the summer, like Forbidden Fruit, ATN and Beatyard among others.

coachella-2018.jpg

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Paddy2012

I think arctic monkeys could still be a small shout and announced late like blur.. possibly didn't want to be announced in the first wave knowing they wer announcing there 3 arena gigs.. very unlikely but not impossible
    I think there's probably more chance of them headlining next year, I imagine they'll be touring this new album for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Arctic Monkeys and Kings of Leon playing below the headliners :pac::pac::pac:

This thread is jokes! Every year its the exact same thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

is it that impossible? Noel G was added after the headliners
    and he's a huge act,

I would say more "big name" than "huge act".

To be honest, I think he has limited appeal. Those who do like him are fanatical. Personally I think he is VERY overrated.

I do like him on that Christmas thing with Steve Lamacq on't radio. He is pretty funny on that and does have some decent taste in music. Maybe he should take up a radio DJ job.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I'm loving that Isaac Gracie lad on Other Voices tonight. Get him in, please.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,343 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Stillill42 wrote: »

Yup, well impressed!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Davydeath

Kings of Leon will never play the picnic. no chance and certainly not below any of the current main names - we have our headliners.

The horrors are a shoe in - playing Dumfries the night before - last album was great

• Registered Users Posts: 19,741 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Davydeath wrote: »
    Kings of Leon will never play the picnic. no chance and certainly not below any of the current main names - we have our headliners.

The horrors are a shoe in - playing Dumfries the night before - last album was great

Don't you go getting my hopes up!!!!!!!!!!

Knowing Nile Rodgers, Chic will be added after their gig in Malahide. The man should have an Irish passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Thanks for the recommendation. Recorded stuff sounds a little dull but he was very impressive on OVs. Sounded like slowed-down Radiohead I thought? Would be very welcome at EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Just saw on Twitter that St Vincent debuted a full band rock show with new visuals at Coachella. Looks incredible and I'm really looking forward to EP now.

Just saw on Twitter that St Vincent debuted a full band rock show with new visuals at Coachella. Looks incredible and I'm really looking forward to EP now.
    it'll be on Stream 1 here around 3PM (can skip back a few hours to to see earlier acts):
    https://coachella.withyoutube.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Its all but confirmed that these are the 3 headliners. If you go onto the EP twitter page it says:
    Electric Picnic Music and Arts Festival 31 Aug - 2 Sept 2018 #electricpicnic Headliners - @kendricklamar @MassiveAttackUK @NerdArmy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Seathrun66 wrote: »

Thanks for the recommendation. Recorded stuff sounds a little dull but he was very impressive on OVs. Sounded like slowed-down Radiohead I thought? Would be very welcome at EP.
    That's what went through my head too.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭sassyj

Arcade Fire doing festivals up to mid August in Europe, a shoe-in I reckon 😃

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

2009 .....thats the model........this shows how downhill the lineups went. I'm going since 2006,love the buzz but looking back on that....2many djs are missing off that as well

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

sassyj wrote: »
    Arcade Fire doing festivals up to mid August in Europe, a shoe-in I reckon ðŸ˜႒

Dream on

sassyj wrote: »
    Arcade Fire doing festivals up to mid August in Europe, a shoe-in I reckon ðŸ˜႒

Hope not, tedious enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

declanleo wrote: »
    2009 .....thats the model........this shows how downhill the lineups went. I'm going since 2006,love the buzz but looking back on that....2many djs are missing off that as well

That's a great line up but so was Oxegen 07 08 09 but a lot of people who went to the picnic didn't go to Oxegen for obvious reasons. Yeah that line up was great but the competition at the time was probably better

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

haitens wrote: »
    That's a great line up but so was Oxegen 07 08 09 but a lot of people who went to the picnic didn't go to Oxegen for obvious reasons. Yeah that line up was great but the competition at the time was probably better

Picnic 2007 lineup beat Oxegen out the gate imo, all opinions i suppose:

2007_lineup.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Was looking at a bit of the coachella stream, a bit of first aid kit, Borns, Brockhampton, looking at the vacant channel 1 oddly that shows a backstage background but you can hear the brockhampton set from a tent nearby ha ha. What time is David Byrne being repeated tonight looks about midnight/1 AM.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Was looking at a bit of the coachella stream, a bit of first aid kit, Borns, Brockhampton, looking at the vacant channel 1 oddly that shows a backstage background but you can hear the brockhampton set from a tent nearby ha ha. What time is David Byrne being repeated tonight looks about midnight/1 AM.

Can you link me up BD?

• Advertisement

he was repeated earlier, don't think he'll be repeated again now, it will be live with Sunday's acts soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement