Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Here's the link it doesn't kick off again till 11.30 PM here, but it looks like the Saturday repeats are finished will probably jump over to the Coachella Reddit thread and try to get torrent for David Byrne set.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Coz

What are the odds and peoples thoughts on Vulfpeck playing at EP??

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

Yep 100% 07 beats Oxegen 07 imo.
    I am just trying to point out the barometer isn't what the festival line up is. It's as much the competition

Not saying it's better just maybe the difference isn't so big
    Picnic 2007 lineup beat Oxegen out the gate imo, all opinions i suppose:

2007_lineup.gif

Here's the full07 line up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

haitens wrote: »
    Here's the full07 line up

Yeah i'm familiar with it, the above is not the full Picnic lineup either and is superior in my view.

For example, take away Arcade Fire and everyone listed for the main stage on both days are dire.

• Advertisement

Yeah i'm familiar with it, the above is not the full Picnic lineup either and is superior in my view.

For example, take away Arcade Fire and everyone listed for the main stage on both days are dire.

Yep totally agree main stage isn't great apart from the obvious but almost every festival I've ever been too has been that way

Yep totally agree main stage isn't great apart from the obvious but almost every festival I've ever been too has been that way

Yep, and that's not to say there aren't good things on the Oxegen lineup.

Just think Picnic's one had more quality that year imo:

The Good, The Bad & The Queen
    Manic Street Preachers
    Modest Mouse
    Bjork
    LCD Soundsystem
    Hot Chip
    Beastie Boys (x2)
    Erasure
    Jarvis Cocker
    MIA
    Spiritualized
    The Jesus And Mary Chain
    Chemical Brothers
    Polyphonic Spree
    Deerhoof
    The Field
    Primal Scream
    Iggy And The Stooges
    Sonic Youth
    UNKLE
    The Fall
    Bat For Lashes

etc.

Not looking for an argument because I agree with you on the 07 line up. My point is you can't compare year on year without looking at the competition. It's what's on offer at the time. Im sure some people thought this line up for Feile was a waste of 45 pound

IArne_Saknussem;106738175]Yep, and that's not to say there aren't good things on the Oxegen lineup.

Just think Picnic's one had more quality that year imo:

The Good, The Bad & The Queen
    Manic Street Preachers
    Modest Mouse
    Bjork
    LCD Soundsystem
    Hot Chip
    Beastie Boys (x2)
    Erasure
    Jarvis Cocker
    MIA
    Spiritualized
    The Jesus And Mary Chain
    Chemical Brothers
    Polyphonic Spree
    Deerhoof
    The Field
    Primal Scream
    Iggy And The Stooges
    Sonic
    etc.[/QUOTE]
    Great line up if that was this year I'd be over the moon

Not looking for an argument because I agree with you on the 07 line up. My point is you can't compare year on year without looking at the competition. It's what's on offer at the time. Im sure some people thought this line up for Feile was a waste of 45 pound

I'm guessing that would have been the same people who sent Robson & Jerome and Wet Wet Wet to No. 1 :p

• Advertisement

I'm guessing that would have been the same people who sent Robson & Jerome and Wet Wet Wet to No. 1 :p
    Bastards

On a side note Echo and The Bunnymen would be a huge addition for me. Only seen them once about 8 years ago they were great came on after the Stranglers and just before the Pogues. Was blown away by them at the time at Oxegen. Probably the best memory I have from that place.

Would feel the same about James seen them at Slane supporting The Verve 1998 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Jaysus lads & lasses, if yis are diggin up line ups from over a decade ago and comparing them to what's being booked now, just stay at home and listen to radio nova, the world moves on.

and yes the radio nova bit is supposed to be insulting.

Jaysus lads & lasses, if yis are diggin up line ups from over a decade ago and comparing them to what's being booked now, just stay at home and listen to radio nova, the world moves on. Ps has anyone tuned into Today xm ? It's not as good as 8radio but not bad.

and yes the radio nova bit is supposed to be insulting.

Just comparing to what was booked at the time for each festival.
    Like every year you can only book what's available. EP18 Can't compare with EP08 only with what was on that year. For my money this years line up is great so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Don't think you need to take away Arcade Fire for that to be true.

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Don't think you need to take away Arcade Fire for that to be true.

Yes yes, your apathy for Arcade Fire was noted yesterday Turtle :P

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭MiniFridgeMen

Coz wrote: »
    What are the odds and peoples thoughts on Vulfpeck playing at EP??

Would love to see them, or any of the Vulfpeck crew (Theo Katzman, Joey Dosik) although I highly doubt it, last two years they've had September shows in Dublin, Theo on played recently, as did Cory Wong and Joey is set to play next month I think

Theo Katzman upended Whelans the other night, it was sensational, second time seeeing him solo and he is fantastic

Vulfpeck would be a fine addition to EP, would love the in the B&S area, although they may be a little too big for that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Would love to see them, or any of the Vulfpeck crew (Theo Katzman, Joey Dosik) although I highly doubt it, last two years they've had September shows in Dublin, Theo on played recently, as did Cory Wong and Joey is set to play next month I think

Theo Katzman upended Whelans the other night, it was sensational, second time seeeing him solo and he is fantastic

Vulfpeck would be a fine addition to EP, would love the in the B&S area, although they may be a little too big for that

Just announced Olympia gig on 01/10 :D

maximoose wrote: »
    Just announced Olympia gig on 01/10 :D

Delighted, rules them out for EP but happy to see they will be returning, I'll be getting my ticket on Friday when they come out

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Brand New Friend.

From Belfast, one for the teenager kickers. Be a very welcome addition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

thebusher wrote: »
    Brand New Friend.

They were fantastic last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Brand New Friend.

Saw them last year. Mid Afternoon in cosby i think. They were excellent. They have an EP out soon. They kind of feel like they should on the sound track to every teen movie ever made.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Wasn't aware of them last year. Damn!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Brand New Friend.

I remember them being on the bill alright. They made me nostalgic for Lloyd Cole. I wonder if they're fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

St. Vincent debuted a new live show with a full band @ Coachella which is most excellent.

Loved her solo gig at the Olympia but will be good to hear the newer songs with a full band

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Still Ill

The Streets were phenomenal, as always tonight.. It's been too loooong! Roll on Day 2 tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 intothecold

I’m staying in a yurt with the Hearthworks company this year. Has anyone ever stayed in one of them? I’m wondering about the electricity socket provided by them and if it would be powerful enough to run an extension lead from for the weekend, not the 12v table that can be ordered separately but the single socket which is provided when you book the luxury interior.

30724980_427969950959694_6103434757121507328_o.png?_nc_cat=0&oh=419598773ab93f9bd845db4707bdbe58&oe=5B5F09B0

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

would have liked The Go! Team (playing in Dublin in a few weeks anyway), but don't really care for anything else in that announcement.

The Bootleg Beatles would be fun in a "I'll mark them on clashfinder but they'll play at midday on the main stage and I'll still be in my sleeping bag at that time sobbing gently after the previous night's madness and wondering if anyone else is awake and if it's ok to start drinking gin before having breakfast" kind of way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

would have liked The Go! Team (playing in Dublin in a few weeks anyway), but don't really care for anything else in that announcement.

The Bootleg Beatles would be fun in a "I'll mark them on clashfinder but they'll play at midday on the main stage and I'll still be in my sleeping bag at that time sobbing gently after the previous night's madness and wondering if anyone else is awake and if it's ok to start drinking gin before having breakfast" kind of way.

David August is excellent.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement