Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

declanleo wrote: »
    I suppose britpop as a term is a moveable feast. Some people define it as bad music and then everything from the era is not really britpop etc etc.

If Britpop is:
    1. UK Music
    2. Guitar/band based as opposed to EDM/Rave
    3. Primarily from the 90s

Then you have:
    Stone Roses
    Happy Mondays
    Inspiral carpets
    Oasis
    Blur
    Pulp
    Cast
    Radiohead
    Ash
    Supergrass
    Ocean Colour Scene
    Kula Shakar
    Space
    Elastica
    The Verve
    Garbage
    Manic Street Preachers
    Stereophonics
    Super Furry Animals
    Supergrass
    Bluetones
    Divine Comedy
    James
    The Charlatans

That list is excluding the more one hit wondery types such as Shed Seven, Suede, the Farm, the Lightning Seeds, Travis, etc. It also doesn't include the contemporaneous and subsequent spin offs such as the Seahorses, Black Grape, Noel Gallagher, Gorrillas, Sleeper etc.

I would happily spend an entire festival listening to all of the above. But I appreciate that it is not to everyone's tastes. But there was a lot of good music that people like produced during that era.

Suede in the one hit wondery types? Did I imagine Suede's music?
    We've been over all that already, Dec. Get with the programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Shed Seven's 'Maximum High' is a belter of an album.

As is 'Slinky' by The Milltown Brothers.

Thats all.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Well Snow Patrol confirmed in a video on XFM?? That they wont be doing the Uk and Irish fests till next summer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭fourmations

Well Snow Patrol confirmed in a video on XFM?? That they wont be doing the Uk and Irish fests till next summer

excellent! one less worry for EP!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 BlaaEater

declanleo wrote: »
    Suede in the one hit wondery types? Did I imagine Suede's music?

Yeah, anyone who thinks Suede were one-hit wonders has a S E R I O U S gap in their musical education. One of the best English guitar bands ever...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭roll

BlaaEater wrote: »
    Yeah, anyone who thinks Suede were one-hit wonders has a S E R I O U S gap in their musical education. One of the best English guitar bands ever...

Their 1st album is still probably the most hyped debut album in my lifetime listening to music!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭evani1976

roll wrote: »
    Their 1st album is still probably the most hyped debut album in my lifetime listening to music!

The first three singles released throughout 92/93 leading up to the debut sent everyone bananas-

The Drowners
    Metal Mickey
    Animal Nitrate

Some tunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭fourmations

evani1976 wrote: »
    The first three singles released throughout 92/93 leading up to the debut sent everyone bananas-

The Drowners
    Metal Mickey
    Animal Nitrate

Some tunes.

cracking album all right, only glitch is "moving" which they dont like themselves
    I love the broody ones, Shes not dead, Pantomime Horse, Sleeping Pills...

Although ive always known them and their singles i actually only properly listened to the albums a few years ago, i took a dislike to them back in the day, cant remember why, so it was like discovering a new band for me, as a guitarist it has even more appeal, Bernard was a super musician and clearly infuenced by the god that is J Marr,
    the new guy was obvs told to copy bernard as much as possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

cracking album all right, only glitch is "moving" which they dont like themselves

Although ive always known them and their singles i actually only properly listened to the albums a few years ago, i took a dislike to them back in the day, cant remember why, so it was like discovering a new band for me, as a guitarist it has even more appeal, Bernard was a super musician and clearly infuenced by the god that is J Marr,

Speaking of Johnny marr wonder could he be added? New album out and doing an album launch show in the burton factory next month

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Stillill42 wrote: »
    We've been over all that already, Dec. Get with the programme.

Sorry, I'll try to keep up

• Advertisement

davywalsh7 wrote: »

Speaking of Johnny marr wonder could he be added? New album out and doing an album launch show in the burton factory next month
    Don't know how I missed that. Too late now. I don't think much of the solo stuff but listening to him cranking out the Smiths stuff in the EA a couple of years ago was pretty special.

Ah God, Something Happens doing Forget Georgia on the Late Late. Bless. I loved that album. Alone on a beach with Jesus indeed. I'd love to see them in Stradbally too. Missed them last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,741 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Ah God, Something Happens doing Forget Georgia on the Late Late. Bless. I loved that album. Alone on a beach with Jesus indeed. I'd love to see them in Stradbally too. Missed them last time.

Saw them at EP doing "take this with you" a few years ago in Jerry Fish's tent. (Slightly off-key but) fantastic to hear

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

The tent was packed for them! Would love to see them again! Left with smiles on our faces after them! I wonder with them doing the tipp gig would they make an appearance for us!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 theo1212

Does anyone know how instalment plan tickets work?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I suspect you might be a little late to the party there

I suspect you might be a little late to the party there

Nah I have one just wondering how they work as I ****ed up my email so want to know how they work

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

theo1212 wrote: »
    Nah I have one just wondering how they work as I ****ed up my email so want to know how they work

I literally just googled it for you. 2nd and 3rd results will probably tell you what you need to know. https://www.google.ie/search?q=electric+picnic+installment+tickets&rlz=1C1CHBF_enIE760IE760&oq=electric+picnic+installment+tickets&aqs=chrome..69i57.6248j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

MadYaker wrote: »

I had tried that, wrong dates on the website so I’m just curious about the new dates if you bought it after those dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

theo1212 wrote: »
    I had tried that, wrong dates on the website so I’m just curious about the new dates if you bought it after those dates.
    it's on the Ticketmaster website. search for Electric Picnic, go to the installment plan link, More Info link, and Event info link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

According to BBC R6 earlier, new Suede album due in September,

please please please please please please please can we have Suede...

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭evani1976

D95F6764-A585-4566-9F66-CFFF5C62421A.jpeg

Shed Seven are circling .... : )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭patch

If we can’t have leftfield or chemical brothers, orbital would keep me happy...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Orbital are at Beatyard in Dun Laoghaire a month before EP, so can't see them being announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

That's a damned good line up for a 90's fan like me!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭beecee

Would love to get Julian Cope!!!

I see Belly have their first album in 23 years out. Also have a month date free after the 26th August. I'd love to see Tanya.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,741 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Shed Seven are circling .... : )

I would take the entire line up!

Wedding Present - i would lose my shìt lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I wouldn't mind Dreadzone for the Trenchtown lineup now.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,632 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

beecee wrote: »
    Would love to get Julian Cope!!!

Completely!!!!

As mad as twenty March hares

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement