Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

To my shame i saw them at Leopardstown, in fairness, the band were tight.

He is a total and utter mess though.

I forgot they played that. That was only a few weeks ago and they were giving away tickets on the days up to it.
    He is a mess, shame. But if they can hold it together one last year...

I thought De La Soul might have played this year. Would like to see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Having seen them this summer i think Justice (and that stage/light show) would be a better Picnic option than the Probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Wooderson wrote: »
    Having seen them this summer i think Justice (and that stage/light show) would be a better Picnic option than the Probably.

Fantastic name for a Prodigy tribute act.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 BlaaEater

Hogzy wrote: »
    If I book pink moon now and for whatever reason cant make EP in 2018, can I transfer it to someone else?

They say you can't, but I used a 'second-hand' one this year. No problem whatsoever - just pass on the original email...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭Charlie

Would love to see Jamiroquai at the Picnic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Charlie wrote: »
    Would love to see Jamiroquai at the Picnic.

I was convinced they were gonna play this year to the point where I was smugly going around telling everyone, defo gonna happen this year.

Wrong again.

Would love it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    And re the festival circuit the Primavera announcement in Dec/Jan should give us an inkling. We get The The and that's enough for me.

Primavera's booker said when Frank Ocean pulled out this year that The National were booked for next year.
    one of the band also said "maybe we'll play Primavera" when asked recently about Spanish gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Been playing Tears for Fears this morning. They don't do many gigs but they'd be a major coup for EP. Did Camp Bestival this year or last. Can only hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Paddy2012

Based on who's touring/releasing new music next year I'd love to see Kendrick Lamar, David Byrne and Bjork play but would settle for any of
    The National, QOTSA, Arctic Monkeys, Grizzly Bear, St Vincent, Julien Baker, Chic, War on Drugs, Sky Ferreira, GZA, The Killers, Arcade Fire

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

British Sea Power. They'd suit Stradbally down to the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

Morrissey has a new album out later this year possible headliner?

haitens wrote: »
    I'd no idea. He'd be a fecking brilliant headliner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

Stillill42 wrote: »
    I'd no idea. He'd be a fecking brilliant headliner.

Be still my beating 14 year old heart

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

He's a cúnt.

But id probably watch him.

MadYaker wrote: »
    He's a cúnt.

But id probably watch him.
    That's the spirit!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Synergism

In typical Morrissey fashion he'll only play festivals if they agree to not sell meat anywhere on site on the day that he's playing. :rolleyes:

Can't see that happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Synergism wrote: »
    In typical Morrissey fashion he'll only play festivals if they agree to not sell meat anywhere on site on the day that he's playing. :rolleyes:

but what if they tell him there's a group of middle aged men that will roam around kicking teenagers during his set? there's no way he could decline that...

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

...was just about to say that carnivorousness of EP would not suit him! Funny, I was actually thinking about him last night as a possible EP candidate, but would worry he'd not like the set up. Last time I saw Moz was in Omagh Leisure Centre! What a spectacle!

He has actually done this in the past. The guys a loser but he's written some brilliant songs.

MadYaker wrote: »

He has actually done this in the past. The guys a loser but he's written some brilliant songs.
    Ah, now that's harsh!!

• Advertisement

I found this electronic artist from LA this evening, one of his songs came on the radio in GTA 5 :P I like this tune a lot and some of his other stuff is cool too, would be nice to get him but I don't think he comes this side of the atlantic, he is still a small enough act.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭glencurtis252

Didn't expect loyalty to sell out so quick so missed out on that (angry face).. but I bit the bullet and bought today.. roll on 2018 and listening to everyone give out about the headliners;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭blueberrypie

Any idea what the cut off for the Early bird tickets?
    October at least I am hoping.

I think if I had to pick one headliner, I'd go with Depeche Mode. Let's have them on the main stage Saturday, Mozza on Friday night and let the Pixies wind it up on Sunday. That's not too much to ask, is it?

I think if I had to pick one headliner, I'd go with Depeche Mode. Let's have them on the main stage Saturday, Mozza on Friday night and let the Pixies wind it up on Sunday. That's not too much to ask, is it?
    That's not a lot to ask, alright! :P

mgkelly wrote: »
    That's not a lot to ask, alright! :P

Humour me. Imagine the excitement! The teenager kicking element would probably require it's own tent. It could maybe replace the silent disco.

Anyone under 35 (most of the picnic) probably wouldn't be too happy wth those headliners. I had to google to find out who Mozza was :p also The Pixies, although great, aren't big enough. I think Depeche Mode could do it.

Ok, Mad yaker, I wasn't being entirely serious. Allow an old man his dreams. And I'll have you know the over 35s may not be the biggest demographic down there but we're the best looking, have the best taste and wear the best t-shirts. So a bit of respect for your elders. Cheeky sod.

Id be happy enough with them to be honest but the whinging on facebook would be biblical! Id like to see them book more old school headliners though, it makes the festival crowd a lot nicer because it moves the average age up a bit which is no harm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

No, it's not.

I'll also have Tom Waits & Kate Bush to close out the Body and Soul Stage :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement