Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Wooderson

EP head lars need to get The Gizz booked. Ehyup.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

So if it were a choice between De La Soul or The Libertines, which would you go for?

De La Soul, in a feckin heartbeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Would've loved Autechre but they are now playing in Dublin in July, did Autechre not play the Picnic in 2006?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

So if it were a choice between De La Soul or The Libertines, which would you go for?

De La Soul a much better act but seen them live twice and they were pretty poor. Libertines a pretty decent but not great group but a fab live band. So I'd opt for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

gawdd wrote: »
    Hi!

I am just wondering does anyone have any experience in missing an instalment payment??

mine wasnt successful and I cant get through to ticketmaster to figure out what to do :(

Happened me last year. Just call them and they’ll take the payment again. They add like €8 or something like that onto it though

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    De La Soul a much better act but seen them live twice and they were pretty poor.

that's a pity

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

that's a pity

All subjective. You may love 'em. Hip-hop doesn't work live for me with a few exceptions (Public Enemy, Nas, The Roots).

Snarky Snark Snark

Would be in the same boat, most of the acts i've seen have left me cold, but the ones that got me going, were really really good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

All subjective. You may love 'em. Hip-hop doesn't work live for me with a few exceptions (Public Enemy, Nas, The Roots).

Most of my highlights from last few years have been hip hop and rap. Definitely works better in a tent; Vince Staples, Rusangano, Rejjie Snow, Mo K and RTE Orchestra - but Nas and RTJ were awesome on the main stage. ATCQ never really got going last year but it was very, very wet.

One of my all time favs is still Public Enemy from 2011 (?), absolutely insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Beasties in 07 is a fave. Both shows, actually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭glencurtis252

Can see the blossoms been added.. done a tent a few years ago after there 1st album and recently released a new album.. possibly evening main stage this time around!!

Also catfish and bottlemen a possibility

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Most of my highlights from last few years have been hip hop and rap. Definitely works better in a tent; Vince Staples, Rusangano, Rejjie Snow, Mo K and RTE Orchestra - but Nas and RTJ were awesome on the main stage. ATCQ never really got going last year but it was very, very wet.

One of my all time favs is still Public Enemy from 2011 (?), absolutely insane.
    Jurassic 5 a few years ago in the sun were cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭MiniFridgeMen

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Jurassic 5 a few years ago in the sun were cool.

Vince Staples last year was incredible, Yasiin Bey a few years back was great

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Eco Campsite loyalty list confirmation emails have started going out this morning, might have to check your junk mail if you're waiting on one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I would add Jurassic 5 (100% entertainment) to that list and remove PE who for me do too much talking and not enough music and I am a massive fan of PE. I have seen PE twice and thought they were awful both times.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭beecee

I would add Jurassic 5 (100% entertainment) to that list and remove PE who for me do too much talking and not enough music and I am a massive fan of PE. I have seen PE twice and thought they were awful both times.

:eek: Wow... seen them tonnes of times and have always been completely blown away by PE. One of my all time favourite live acts. It's been a while though.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

Eco Campsite loyalty list confirmation emails have started going out this morning, might have to check your junk mail if you're waiting on one.

Found mine under promotions in gmail

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

beecee wrote: »
    :eek: Wow... seen them tonnes of times and have always been completely blown away by PE. One of my all time favourite live acts. It's been a while though.

I think I was so excited the first time that I saw them, that it was almost impossible to live up to my expectations (Don't... don't ...;)) .. there is just too much .. "Yo .. are you ready? .. I can't hear you .. are you ready?" ... god I am so ready! .. just play some massive beats please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭fourmations

I think I was so excited the first time that I saw them, that it was almost impossible to live up to my expectations (Don't... don't ...;)) .. there is just too much .. "Yo .. are you ready? .. I can't hear you .. are you ready?" ... god I am so ready! .. just play some massive beats please.

agreed, huge PE fan since the late 80's, ive seen them twice
    way to much waffling and agenda pushing
    the last one i was at, the crowd were practically telling them to STFU and play tunes

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭beecee

agreed, huge PE fan since the late 80's, ive seen them twice
    way to much waffling and agenda pushing
    the last one i was at, the crowd were practically telling them to STFU and play tunes

Lol... I know what you mean, but it was all worth it. I remember in Red Box there was a lot of anti-UK, f*ck the queen stuff. Crowd were mostly going along with it, but it felt like "we're over that!".

Another one in Vicar Street where Flave did a solo bit in the middle was dire... talking about his reality show the Flavor of Love (or something) was getting a lot of groans from the crowd.

Still one of my all time favourite live acts!!! :D

(There was no bull**** when they played It Takes a Nation of Millions in Tripod - that I recall anyway)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Has anyone got tickets yet? I got hardcopy and think I might have to sell them unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

D.Q wrote: »
    Has anyone got tickets yet? I got hardcopy and think I might have to sell them unfortunately.

Don't think any instalment tickets have gone out yet, still waiting on mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭tfarrell

I'm the same, any ideas when first installment tickets will be out?
    Bought hardcopy tickets but I cannot go and need to sell :-(
    Have to selling my Pink Moon too.
    Some inconsiderate swine of a friend is having her hens that weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

tfarrell wrote: »

Maybe I'm selfish but if I had already booked everything and then the hen was announced after I would be sticking with my original plans!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

tfarrell wrote: »

Hens party at EP? It’d be way better

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

please no

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

Are you serious? There's enough loud drunk women roaming in packs there as it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Obviously it’s great from the perspective of the hens party.

For everyone else, I agree it’d add to the ‘not so good’ part of a festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Hello everybody in Leccy Piccy land, whats happening this weekend, was in the Hendrix campsite last night and could hear Ed Sheeran hollering, oh, wait a minute that was my back garden in Salthill. :D:D

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭patch

Hello everybody in Leccy Piccy land, whats happening this weekend, was in the Hendrix campsite last night and could hear Ed Sheeran hollering, oh, wait a minute that was my back garden in Salthill. :D:D
    Lol. I thought it would be louder.
    Could only faintly hear it when outside in Ballybane.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement