Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

patch wrote: »
    Lol. I thought it would be louder.
    Could only faintly hear it when outside in Ballybane.

It was fecking loud where I was, hence why I started the DnB/Jungle stage with Rockers Hi Fi. :D:D:pac:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Just bought a ticket for EP favourite king kong company in the roisin dubh in galway next weekend. Should be a belter.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭whelzer

MadYaker wrote: »
    Just bought a ticket for EP favourite king kong company in the roisin dubh in galway next weekend. Should be a belter.

Really hope they play EP again, going by their gig schedule, it is well plausible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Ask them if they're playing EP and report back!

Ask them if they're playing EP and report back!

I don't get out much these days so I plan on being well fcuked for this but if I remember to ask I will!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Being filmed by German TV. They've heard that KKC shows are chaotic and want to capture that.

Still not seen them.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Being filmed by German TV. They've heard that KKC shows are chaotic and want to capture that.

Still not seen them.

Oh god are you serious?! Ill have to go in disguise and clamp me jaw shut

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

We won't be getting suede,they've just announced a gig in the BGT for October

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

declanleo wrote: »
    We won't be getting suede,they've just announced a gig in the BGT for October

Soulless f'in place for a gig.

Oh god are you serious?! Ill have to go in disguise and clamp me jaw shut

https://tht.ie/2912/king-kong-company

• Advertisement

Soulless f'in place for a gig.

That bad? Pals enjoyed Brian Wilson there but a seated venue doesn't make sense for Suede.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

That bad? Pals enjoyed Brian Wilson there but a seated venue doesn't make sense for Suede.

It’s superb for musicals and the like, gigs.... not so much

Unless you’re in your 80s

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Saw Conor Oberst there, suited that gig. Can't see it suiting Suede.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

I'm struggling to get into any of this year's acts....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

declanleo wrote: »
    I'm struggling to get into any of this year's acts....

Not your fault piss poor line up. Picnic is on the downward trajectory. It’s dead to me . Great when it was great

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Not your fault piss poor line up. Picnic is on the downward trajectory. It’s dead to me . Great when it was great

Maybe the trick is for them to stop selling tickets for it, it will then get back to normal again.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭MiniFridgeMen

32549707_438782379878451_5092818253609172992_n.png?_nc_cat=0&oh=688859efd3d6666efaf3d5c444da3082&oe=5B51EC7A

Comedy Lineup from All Together Now

Would have liked Tommy at Picnic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Picnic had a great comedy lineup in 2016 when I was last there, Dylan Moran, David O Doherty, then the usual like the Rubberbandits etc. Great way the spend the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Yeow, see you there ! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Just for interest, here are last years follow up announcements.

Stage|Date
    Other Voices 1|May 3
    Trench 1|May 11
    Food|May 17
    Transmission|May 19
    Main Stage 2|June 23
    Anachronica|July 12
    Casa Bacardi|July 18
    Hazel Wood|July 20
    Body & Soul|July 27
    Other Voices2|July 31
    Comedy|Aug 2
    Electric Ire|Aug 8
    Jerry Fish|Aug 10
    Trailer Park|Aug 17
    Main Stage 3|Aug 17

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Just for interest, here are last years follow up announcements.

Stage|Date
    Other Voices 1|May 3
    Trench 1|May 11
    Food|May 17
    Transmission|May 19
    Main Stage 2|June 23
    Anachronica|July 12
    Casa Bacardi|July 18
    Hazel Wood|July 20
    Body & Soul|July 27
    Other Voices2|July 31
    Comedy|Aug 2
    Electric Ire|Aug 8
    Jerry Fish|Aug 10
    Trailer Park|Aug 17
    Main Stage 3|Aug 17

If ever there was a post that should be stickied in this thread, this is it.

Edit: It's not common in Ireland, but how would people feel if EP/Longitude, etc switched to what Primavera, Coachella, Glasto and others do and announced everything in one go?

I mean, the staggered announcements can lead to huge excitement as it keeps cropping up every few weeks but it is also a little frustrating, waiting to know what's there.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Edit: It's not common in Ireland, but how would people feel if EP/Longitude, etc switched to what Primavera, Coachella, Glasto and others do and announced everything in one go?

I mean, the staggered announcements can lead to huge excitement as it keeps cropping up every few weeks but it is also a little frustrating, waiting to know what's there.

I like the staggered, as you say, adds to the build up but I'd like a little more consistency. I'm sure a similar list for 2016 would be totally different.
    AllTogetherNow released comedy line up today. It's happening only 1 month before EP and have already had 2 music line up announcements and the comedy...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

It's not common in Ireland, but how would people feel if EP/Longitude, etc switched to what Primavera, Coachella, Glasto and others do and announced everything in one go?

Would much prefer it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

Glasto announcements are staggered as well. Generally two sets of announcements for the main stages and seperate ones for headliners, dance areas and smaller stages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

ceegee wrote: »
    Glasto announcements are staggered as well. Generally two sets of announcements for the main stages and seperate ones for headliners, dance areas and smaller stages

Are they? My bad! I always thought it was one single announcement of a total poster, save for a few leaks here and there.

Do people think that the Irish acts at ATN are tied-in or will some appear at EP as Longitude acts occasionally do? I've recently got into Brigid Mae Power and would love to see her on the Other Voices stage or somewhere in Body & Soul. Would also welcome Talos back.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Do people think that the Irish acts at ATN are tied-in or will some appear at EP as Longitude acts occasionally do? I've recently got into Brigid Mae Power and would love to see her on the Other Voices stage or somewhere in Body & Soul. Would also welcome Talos back.

I think there is an over lap with EP and Longitude as they are both Festival Republic ran events (correct me here if I'm wrong) ATN is a POD event.. Probably still be a little over lap

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Personally I wouldn't like it, I like having different announcements throughout the year even if it can feel a bit drawn out at certain times. I would absolutely hate if they did it like some festivals abroad and announce 3 or 4 names at a time..

No idea about if ATN & EP will share some of the same Irish acts, I would say it is possible anyway, in fairness to picnic it never disappoints in booking the best of Irish acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

I'd prefer the entire line up in one swoop. The 'other acts across the weekend' is annoying as well. For example, There is one act I really want to see in particular playing at Longitude but we don't know what day he is playing yet. I am meant to be going away that weekend but trying to keep it open as I want to see him play. World Cup final is also on that Sunday. Need to factor that in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Id prefer if they announced all the 'main acts' in one go and then in the run up to the picnic all the smaller acts or throwback, comedy etc

Leave somethings to wait for

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement