Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

102 sleeps and bugger all announcements

unimpressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

unimpressed.

EP probably got fed up with all the moans for a main announcement when they announced the sideshow stuff last year, so they will probably announce a whole bunch of sideshow stuff along with the second main announcement.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

unimpressed.

I'd settle for an announcement about an announcement at this stage..

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Disclosure released a new track at the weekend, could see them being added, it's been a few years since they played. 2013 I think, open to correction, didn't they close the main stage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

Disclosure released a new track at the weekend, could see them being added, it's been a few years since they played. 2013 I think, open to correction, didn't they close the main stage?
    They did on the Saturday (The Artics closed on Sunday)

room_149 wrote: »
    They did on the Saturday (The Artics closed on Sunday)

That's what I meant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

App is Live,

New stages.. at work so couldn't go through it in detail.

Any stages missing from last year.

One new stage i saw 'Dark Swan'

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭Dylan94

Does anyone know how to contact Ticketmaster about my EP tickets? I have tried calling them a few times over the past 2 weeks and I just keep getting a message that no one is available and then the call disconnects.

It says on their website that the payment failed and they have charged me an extra €9. Even though it was the same card with the same details as the last payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭fourmations

Dylan94 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to contact Ticketmaster about my EP tickets? I have tried calling them a few times over the past 2 weeks and I just keep getting a message that no one is available and then the call disconnects.

It says on their website that the payment failed and they have charged me an extra €9. Even though it was the same card with the same details as the last payment.

email them, i had a ticket f*** up a few years ago and they were easy enough to deal with

cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

App is Live,

New stages.. at work so couldn't go through it in detail.

Any stages missing from last year.

One new stage i saw 'Dark Swan'

No sign of that poxy e-cig set up that is usually beside Jerry Fish?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

BigMo1 wrote: »

Nice that was a pure pain in the hole

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Interestingly, when it took me to the App store, top of the pile in the 'you might also like' suggestions was the 'ultimate fart button'. A withering put-down of the early line-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

BigMo1 wrote: »

No sign of ‘The Haunt’ either, that was a great addition last year.

Poorside wrote: »
    No sign of ‘The Haunt’ either, that was a great addition last year.

It might turn up at Body & Soul festival this year which would be a nice surprise.

Pukkelpop 2018, a festival in the middle of August in Belgium.

1523540085.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

Was at Cigarettes After Sex last night in The Olympia. Extremely laid back, mellow band, which I thought was great. But they lose the crowd easily because of a lack of energy. Could be very easily ruined at a festival if the crowd get chatty.

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Interestingly, when it took me to the App store, top of the pile in the 'you might also like' suggestions was the 'ultimate fart button'. A withering put-down of the early line-up.

I'm really like the line up. Each to their own I guess.
    I'm now just hoping for this weather we're getting now to replicate come Electric Picnic.. think of the side boob!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭fourmations

I'm now just hoping for this weather we're getting now to replicate come Electric Picnic.. think of the side boob!

Im so old i'd be arrrested and placed on the register for glancing at side boobs!
    (either that or kicking teenagers!!!)

Im so old i'd be arrrested and placed on the register for glancing at side boobs!
    (either that or kicking teenagers!!!)

Pack the blood pressure tablets to avoid a big red head

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Are you 12?

Are you 12?

It's a joke, get over yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

an intense war of words breaking out in the EP thread, announcement needed soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,747 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

100 days to go folks.

I'm a EP veteran, but at this stage the "holding back the announcement" thing is really beginning to grind my gears. At this stage...

2aunmv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

everlast75 wrote: »
    100 days to go folks.

I'm a EP veteran, but at this stage the "holding back the announcement" thing is really beginning to grind my gears. At this stage...

2aunmv.jpg

You clearly have a type

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

Did we ever find out if body and soul are there this year....missing from the original poster if I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

SmallBalls wrote: »
    Did we ever find out if body and soul are there this year....missing from the original poster if I remember.

wouldn't be EP without Body & Soul

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

The longer they hold off the longer before we have to be disappointed/listen to the outrage at the announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

think we are gonna get some decent sub headliners in next announcement folks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

tonto123 wrote: »
    think we are gonna get some decent sub headliners in next announcement folks?

Possibles are My Bloody Valentine, Paul Weller and The Libertines with an outside chance of Arcade Fire as a headliner moving NERD to subbing for Kendrick.

I reckon there are loads of decent mid-tier acts heading our way, some of which could be Jeff Tweedy, Sleeper, Sunflower Bean, Gwenno, King Gizzard, Squeeze, De La Soul, The Orielles, Gaz Coombes, Happy Mondays, Sleaford Mods & Shed Seven. Would be happy with a few of those.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement