Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Possibles are My Bloody Valentine, Paul Weller and The Libertines with an outside chance of Arcade Fire as a headliner moving NERD to subbing for Kendrick.

I reckon there are loads of decent mid-tier acts heading our way, some of which could be Jeff Tweedy, Sleeper, Sunflower Bean, Gwenno, King Gizzard, Squeeze, De La Soul, The Orielles, Gaz Coombes, Happy Mondays, Sleaford Mods & Shed Seven. Would be happy with a few of those.

Yeah it will be seven years since they last played EP which is a sizeable gap.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Possibles are My Bloody Valentine, Paul Weller and The Libertines with an outside chance of Arcade Fire as a headliner moving NERD to subbing for Kendrick.

I reckon there are loads of decent mid-tier acts heading our way, some of which could be Jeff Tweedy, Sleeper, Sunflower Bean, Gwenno, King Gizzard, Squeeze, De La Soul, The Orielles, Gaz Coombes, Happy Mondays, Sleaford Mods & Shed Seven. Would be happy with a few of those.

NERD has stood out to me as a mad booking. Playing prior to Kendrick makes sense, but "bringing the festival home" on the Sunday night is lunacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭blueberrypie

Anyone heard Florence and the Machines new song?
    Very catchy.
    Would love to see her.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

James Bay, Paloma Faith and Picture This.

Just watch!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

thebusher wrote: »
    James Bay, Paloma Faith and Picture This.

Just watch!

Cant see Picture This playing since they already have the RDS/Belsonic/Marquee gigs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Glasvegas are playing their solo album about the uk but no dates here.... hoping to see them

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

MadYaker wrote: »
    I don't get out much these days so I plan on being well fcuked for this but if I remember to ask I will!

As far as I can remember, I forgot to ask.

The gig was great though!

• Subscribers Posts: 41,634 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

declanleo wrote: »
    Glasvegas are playing their solo album about the uk but no dates here.... hoping to see them

Debut album?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I am utterly loving the Ciggies after Sex album, gonna be interesting to see what time they are on at, any noise bleed is going to utterly kill their vibe.

I am utterly loving the Ciggies after Sex album, gonna be interesting to see what time they are on at, any noise bleed is going to utterly kill their vibe.

They are a kinda Grateful Dead/Jesus and the Mary Chain clash of sound if that makes any sense.

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

No, that does not make any sense, they to me sound like a sexy Mazzy Star/ felt mountain era Goldfrapp combo after over doing it on the sleepy sleepy dozey nighty night pills whilst being tag team massaged by elements of Morcheeba and the Aloof.

Speaking of which, Morcheeba have a gaping tour hole where they could slot into EP quite nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Slightly embarrassed to admit but the first few times I listened to it I thought the lead singer was female.. Brilliant album, looking forward to them

Snarky Snark Snark

eplady2017 wrote: »
    Slightly embarrassed to admit but the first few times I listened to it I thought the lead singer was female.. Brilliant album, looking forward to them

you're not the only one

They have a tiny desk concert!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcAxgErAkTw

It's utterly jarring when he talks.

Hazel Wood would be fantastic for them, late late at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

you're not the only one

They have a tiny desk concert!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcAxgErAkTw

It's utterly jarring when he talks.

Hazel Wood would be fantastic for them, late late at night.

Nice and late to wind down the day.. Hazel Wood be great but I expect they'll be in one of the tents.. B&S main stage would have been class for them also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

They are a kinda Grateful Dead/Jesus and the Mary Chain clash of sound if that makes any sense.

You must be thinking of another band!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

declanleo wrote: »

Please god no

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

SmallBalls wrote: »
    Did we ever find out if body and soul are there this year....missing from the original poster if I remember.

Body and soul shown in the updated app, think its safe to assume they will be there.

Whats the current relationship between B&S and EP? Are they both festival republic? If I was part of all together now I'd be doing everything in my power to bring b&s there. Although the EP site is perfectly moulded for B&S, they're a complementary pair. Its hard to imagine one without the other.
    I think for veteran EP'ers it would be unthinkable to have anything but B&S in that area! It would be like replacing a child....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Body and soul shown in the updated app, think its safe to assume they will be there.

Whats the current relationship between B&S and EP? Are they both festival republic? If I was part of all together now I'd be doing everything in my power to bring b&s there. Although the EP site is perfectly moulded for B&S, they're a complementary pair. Its hard to imagine one without the other.
    I think for veteran EP'ers it would be unthinkable to have anything but B&S in that area! It would be like replacing a child....

B&S run their own festival about the same size and same type of vibe as All Together Now.
    if anything, ATN seems to be a direct rip-off and competitor to B&S, almost everything about it seems to be based on B&S festival. can't see why they'd have anything to do with ATN.

Fatfrog wrote: »

Is Spraoi not doing the decor for ATN, Spraoi would be similar to the B&S crowd and Macnas in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Microdisney back together I see. Have to be a possibility.

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Microdisney back together I see. Have to be a possibility.

Think they’re just doing the dates in Dublin and London and that’s it for the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

jeeez loise they gotta give us something soon....

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

tonto123 wrote: »
    jeeez loise they gotta give us something soon....

It's Radiohead.

Snarky Snark Snark

I would actually be kinda disappointed if it was, given the rest of the headliners, that would make it a complete and utter sausage fest and rather a po-faced one at that.

We do need a big poppy act for balance and fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

I would actually be kinda disappointed if it was, given the rest of the headliners, that would make it a complete and utter sausage fest and rather a po-faced one at that.

big poppy acts? like Dua Lipa or Sigrid.

Or do you mean pop in a 70s/80s Duran duran or Abba style?

Or clean bandit and Charli XCX? Chic?

Snarky Snark Snark

Main stage big poppy act capable of filling the slot that Duran / Lana Del Rey filled.

Dua Lipa - too new
    sigrid - waaaay to new
    clean bandit? get ****ed....
    charli xcx - too small

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Main stage big poppy act capable of filling the slot that Duran / Lana Del Rey filled.

Dua Lipa - too new
    sigrid - waaaay to new
    clean bandit? get ****ed....
    charli xcx - too small

Who springs to mind?

bearing in mind the way 'popular' music is now this would be filled by an RnB/Rap act which we already have two headliners of NERD and Kendrick respectivly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

no, we don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,747 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Who springs to mind?

8qjDO.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

I see the All Ireland Football final will be on Sunday 2nd September this year, will create an issue for lots of people I'm sure - normally its a semi final of the football or the Hurling final on that Sunday of EP.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement