Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

showpony1 wrote: »
    I see the All Ireland Football final will be on Sunday 2nd September this year, will create an issue for lots of people I'm sure - normally its a semi final of the football or the Hurling final on that Sunday of EP.

I never thought I'd see the day i want Dublin to get to the final... keep a good share of the riff raff away the Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Up yours, Davy. 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I see the All Ireland Football final will be on Sunday 2nd September this year, will create an issue for lots of people I'm sure - normally its a semi final of the football or the Hurling final on that Sunday of EP.

Was the hurling final last year. Know a few people from Galway who booted off home on the Sunday to catch the session there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Its in the pubs in stradbally people can go watch it there. Or if they want to show it on site thats fine by me ive zero interest in the gaa so ill be elsewhere but every year on here people seem to think sports being shown is a bad thing for some reason. Could they not just slap it up on a big screen in that heineken thing and let them watch it in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

MadYaker wrote: »
    Its in the pubs in stradbally people can go watch it there. Or if they want to show it on site thats fine by me ive zero interest in the gaa so ill be elsewhere but every year on here people seem to think sports being shown is a bad thing for some reason. Could they not just slap it up on a big screen in that heineken thing and let them watch it in there?

Was talking to a guy in the pub on the Monday after last years festival and he said the local pubs complained about the Kilkenny - Galway game being shown on a big screen a few years back so they agreed not to show it on a big screen again.

They do show it in a tent on the site though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

there's been a few places on-site showing matches over the last few years.
    the best ws back in the early days when they had a cinema tent and used to show it in there, great craic.
    actually some of the best times I've had at festivals have been watching matches, especially in the afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

there's been a few places on-site showing matches over the last few years.
    the best ws back in the early days when they had a cinema tent and used to show it in there, great craic.
    actually some of the best times I've had at festivals have been watching matches, especially in the afternoon.

I remember last year King Kong Company (who are from Waterford) were scheduled to play at the precise time that the Hurling final took place.

I personally would rather be exploring or catching some good music, but I do think that these matches should be easily accessible to those who want to watch. Sport is culture after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭roll

I remember last year King Kong Company (who are from Waterford) were scheduled to play at the precise time that the Hurling final took place.

I personally would rather be exploring or catching some good music, but I do think that these matches should be easily accessible to those who want to watch. Sport is culture after all.

True, but having KKC on at 3 in the afternoon is pretty brain dead

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Snow Patrol announced for the 3Arena and SEE Arena Belfast in December, so less likely to be at EP now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

actually none of the members are from Waterford but they all met while in college there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Snow Patrol announced for the 3Arena and SEE Arena Belfast in December, so less likely to be at EP now.

Best news I’ve had so far today

I remember Florence and the Machine, who also has announced a gig, played the 3 Arena after headlining EP...
    In serious need of something soon, there hasn't been a peep out of them since March.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

actually none of the members are from Waterford but they all met while in college there.

I am 99% certain that Mark Graham is from Waterford, the accent is unmistakeable. Nonetheless, it was a daft time to put that band on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

I am 99% certain that Mark Graham is from Waterford, the accent is unmistakeable. Nonetheless, it was a daft time to put that band on.

How can you tell a Waterford accent from a Kilkenny/Tipp/Wexford one?

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭deeks

Yeah couldn't be certain about the others but Mark is a Tramore man through and through.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

How can you tell a Waterford accent from a Kilkenny/Tipp/Wexford one?

Because it's completely different.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭MiniFridgeMen

33898020_10156495509779168_2398659146560831488_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=6dbec5138a91eaf7f9e7d390a233ca70&oe=5B7AAAD1

Don't worry gang, the announcement we have all been waiting for is here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

Rosanna Davison a bit of totty at least

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭fourmations

is that announcement really going to whet our appetite?
    (sorry , ill get my coat)

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Himselfe

Just throwing this out there for all you EP experts. I've noticed that on Spotify, when you're checking out the tour dates for any of the artists from this years lineup, EP does not appear on any of their lists. Why is this? Every other festival is on there, but no sign of EP?? Is this due to EP not bothering to update it or something?

They have a profile which they use to create (pretty crappy) playlists for the acts, but thats it.

It was the same thing last year. Can anyone shed any light on this mystery?

• Advertisement

33898020_10156495509779168_2398659146560831488_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=6dbec5138a91eaf7f9e7d390a233ca70&oe=5B7AAAD1

Don't worry gang, the announcement we have all been waiting for is here!

It's an announcement at least.. maybe things will start to pick up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

So are we due an act announcement any day now?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Rosanna Davison a bit of totty at least

Comments about her appearance aside, wtf has she got to do with food (apart from the fact she likely eats two celery sticks and half a lettuce leaf a day)?

Comments about her appearance aside, wtf has she got to do with food (apart from the fact she likely eats two celery sticks and half a lettuce leaf a day)?

Doesn't she have a cook book? Or someone stuck her on the front of one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

That announcement is some of the finest trolling I have ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

She made ridiculous comments a few years back about gluten and dairy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

did she accidentally get exposed to a gluten?

So, Updated to take account of todays earth shattering announcement.
    Just for interest, here are last years follow up announcements.

Stage|Date17|Date18
    Main Stage 1|Mar 23|Mar 14
    Other Voices 1|May 3
    Trench 1|May 11
    Food|May 17|May29
    Transmission|May 19
    Main Stage 2|June 23
    Anachronica|July 12
    Casa Bacardi|July 18
    Hazel Wood|July 20
    Body & Soul|July 27
    Other Voices2|July 31
    Comedy|Aug 2
    Electric Ire|Aug 8
    Jerry Fish|Aug 10
    Trailer Park|Aug 17
    Main Stage 3|Aug 17

did she accidentally get exposed to a gluten?

As far as I remember her exposures were completely deliberate and I assume very well paid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭blueberrypie

Rosanna Davidson's food event was jammed packed last year. I had to go for a look and I could not get into the tent as it was full of men "interested in food". :D
    No doubt my husband will want to swing by during her time slot.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement