Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

Surely arcade fire is way out of the realm of possibility as much as I would love that ...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

tonto123 wrote: »
    Surely arcade fire is way out of the realm of possibility as much as I would love that ...

Look at top headline positions in EP poster there is a few large letter names missing and a few subs to go in there too.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Please god I hope you are right :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

One would have to wonder would they try to make this an exceptionally better year than others in order to stop people thinking of going with Alltogethernow next year.

That being said we know acts are booked well in advance with bookers having headliners almost 1yr + locked down.

I have a ticket to ATN and depending on how it goes (so far so good) this may be my last EP for a while to just concentrate on one fest.

Saving for a house and will have to limit spendings. If I could I'd be at a fest every 2nd weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

One would have to wonder would they try to make this an exceptionally better year than others in order to stop people thinking of going with Alltogethernow next year.

That being said we know acts are booked well in advance with bookers having headliners almost 1yr + locked down.

I have a ticket to ATN and depending on how it goes (so far so good) this may be my last EP for a while to just concentrate on one fest.

Saving for a house and will have to limit spendings. If I could I'd be at a fest every 2nd weekend.

This is pretty much how I feel also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

Oh man... ATN is looking so good. Kinda feeling a bit of FOMO. I’m just so perplexed by N.E.R.D. Like, is this the most obscure EP headliner ever? Really keen to see a heritage act added and something else to make us all smile

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

Arcade Fire would make sense as well to leave out of the first announcement as they were still selling 3arena tickets at the time afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Curtis Harding plays his last gig in Europe the week before EP and has nothing in the states until October, he owes me a visit after pulling out 2 days before his spot 2 years ago.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

PinkCamper wrote: »
    Oh man... ATN is looking so good. Kinda feeling a bit of FOMO. I’m just so perplexed by N.E.R.D. Like, is this the most obscure EP headliner ever? Really keen to see a heritage act added and something else to make us all smile

ATCQ , Lana Del Ray?

ATCQ , Lana Del Ray?

Was thinking the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Acadia going to ATN. They are pissing all over the picnic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Agree with most of the posts tonight, for me NERD are the most obscure headliner of the years I've been going, however I don't think Arcade Fire are realistic as much as I would love them.. Looks like the headliners have been announced and the best we can hope for is sub headliners which means somewhere between the level of NERD/Massive Attack and Dua Lipa/Ben Howard/St. Vincent.

No idea who I'm hoping for right now but I'm not entirely optimistic about the bigger acts, will probably get a few gems somewhere down the lineup as usual. Can't help but feel EP missed the boat on a hell of a lot of big acts this year, The War on Drugs and Justice are definitely two playing this weekend at FF who would have been perfect. Personally Slowdive are one that could be a game changer for me with no Irish dates and seem to be around Europe for the summer but we will see. Wouldn't be expecting another name stage announcement for another 2-3 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

NIN please, yeah might as well dream but their summer tour finishes in Japan in mid August and their American tour resumes in mid September, nice gap in the schedule to make an appearance, better get on me twitter to Trent !!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

ATCQ , Lana Del Ray?
    Throw in Duran Duran too, after that lot after the last few years. I think all bets are off in terms of who’s going to pop up.

(Holdin out for a-ha and MSP though)

ATCQ , Lana Del Ray?

Yes equally mental picks and although pleasant enough watching, neither of them lived up to headliner status.

Duran Duran on the other hand.... what a night

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Holdin' out for a-ha.

They wrap up their tour in Gemany on August 27th, so it's certainly possible, date-wise. If they weren't already doing the Marquee, I think it would have been more likely, but they did occur to me too.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Snarky Snark Snark

Elbow were the same last year (a-Ha obvs being a far far larger act than elbow but there is precedent)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭MiniFridgeMen

EP need to step it up this year, or else just completely commit to being a more pop orientated festival, the trying to do both thing isn't really working for them, and it's annoying all the punters new and old, ATN are just really just destroying them, I have Beatyard and Picnic tickets and really regret it as I'd have much preferred to go to ATN, lineup is much better etc

Now, still plenty of time for EP to whip it out of the bag, and I hope they do, but alas, I fear this may also by my last

Snarky Snark Snark

We've had just 1 EP announcement, ATN have blown their wad and we know everything they have. Kinda hard to say they're destroying them till all the bands are in.

I don't think thats quite everything for ATN, I feel there will be similar announcements to the likes of Casa Bacardi, The Forest and Salty etc etc

Granted EP still have all of that to go as well, but for me now, EP's smaller stages is where all of the action is as there just isn't much on main lineup for me, and it was similar last year, ATN have some main bill names i'd be very interested in

• Advertisement

On the other-hand, I didn't much sleep last night so my Nihilism is at peak performance

The timing of ATN is really superior as well. So much envy for a festival that hasn’t happened yet :-) Await reviews eagerly

Snarky Snark Snark

Cannot argue with that, start of August is perfect for better weather and catching more bands on the Euro circuit.

They do though have a much smaller number of tickets and far less budget to throw at acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

ATN hardly destroying EP now tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

We've had just 1 EP announcement, ATN have blown their wad and we know everything they have. Kinda hard to say they're destroying them till all the bands are in.

They're making announcements every week leading up to the event so this isn't the case, expect more music, theatre, dance, etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

It’s just that really there’s always very little overwhelming announced by EP from here on in in recent years...

Arcadia being announced for ATN breaks my heart tbh. If arcade fire is announced though il take it all back!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

What I wouldn’t give to be heading to the Salty dogg about now, tent sorted out and swinging a bag of cans through the woods.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,747 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

ATN are destroying the EP in terms of treating the customers right by announcing the ****ing bands when they should.

EP are destroying ATN in the blue balls competition, that's for sure.

Snarky Snark Snark

everlast75 wrote: »
    EP are destroying ATN in the blue balls competition, that's for sure.

Pretty sure the blue balls festival have that covered
    https://blueballs.ch/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

I suspect what ATN will do, is to stop a lot of people buying early bird on the basis of no line up. The longer it takes for EP to sell out next year, the more they will have to up their game in 2020

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement