Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Tracy Bruen self-confirmed in a Galway paper for the Body & Soul main stage. She probably wasn't supposed to but I guess that means their announcement is pretty imminent?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Tracy Bruen self-confirmed in a Galway paper for the Body & Soul main stage. She probably wasn't supposed to but I guess that means their announcement is pretty imminent?

VN2IALO.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Didn't think Body&Soul announced until after their own festival but I may be wrong.. Any announcement at this stage would be very welcome..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

eplady2017 wrote: »
    Didn't think Body&Soul announced until after their own festival but I may be wrong.. Any announcement at this stage would be very welcome..

Body and Soul is always a later announcement.

Other voices and Trenchtown are the ones that normally show early.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭The Parish King

Speaking of EP becoming a more mainstream/chart orientated festival, what do we think Snow Patrol’s chances are?

They’d fit the bill in the headliner/sub-headliner category and have no tour dates between Canada on 31st Aug, and 6th September in the US. It may also explain why the announcement seems somewhat delayed, as I think tickets for their show in the Point are on sale in the next week or so?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/De9E8bIW0AAIxZX.jpg:large

Can count these artists out. Although Run The Jewels showed up last year. Made In America festival.

Can count these artists out. Although Run The Jewels showed up last year. Made In America festival.

But Janelle Monae could be a surprise addition. Doable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Speaking of EP becoming a more mainstream/chart orientated festival, what do we think Snow Patrol’s chances are?

They’d fit the bill in the headliner/sub-headliner category and have no tour dates between Canada on 31st Aug, and 6th September in the US. It may also explain why the announcement seems somewhat delayed, as I think tickets for their show in the Point are on sale in the next week or so?

Announced Dublin and Belfast for December last week so I’d say it’s v unlikely

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Snow Patrol confirmed that they are doing the UK/Ireland festival circuit in 2019 , Would be cool if they did a surprise set in Other Voices tho

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Thank the lord

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭CashMoney

CashMoney wrote: »
    Sorry if it's been discussed already but it's a long thread and I can't find it, can anyone tell me when tickets are normally disptached. I havent been in a few years. Family camping ticket if that makes a difference (the times they are a changing).

Anyone any idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

Anyone any idea?

No idea, sorry. I bought my regular weekend tickets on instalment plan and have not yet received

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Anyone any idea?

They are sent in phases could be tomorrow or 2 weeks before the gig

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

PinkCamper wrote: »
    No idea, sorry. I bought my regular weekend tickets on instalment plan and have not yet received

Same as this, it'll be grand.

I realise that the Picnic interns have to post the occasional updates on Facebook, Twitter et al. But I pity them for the dog's abuse they're getting at the moment for the lack of announcements. Tempted to pass on Melvin Benn's online contact details.
    Best guess for next main arena announcement?

I realise that the Picnic interns have to post the occasional updates on Facebook, Twitter et al. But I pity them for the dog's abuse they're getting at the moment for the lack of announcements. Tempted to pass on Melvin Benn's online contact details.

I reckon next Friday Jun 15th.

I reckon they just want to announce once the hype from all these Kilmainham/Malahide gigs are over.

Then inbetween the next big announcement in August they'll trickle smaller stages week by week/fortnightly.

They shouldn't leave it for the week of the 22nd as social media will be full of Body & Soul fest and they wouldn't want that sort of clash.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

Anything at all that will kick N.E.R.D. to sub headliner. But I’ve no idea really... hoping for a decent heritage act

PinkCamper wrote: »
    Anything at all that will kick N.E.R.D. to sub headliner. But I’ve no idea really... hoping for a decent heritage act

I still think there's a chance of A-ha, particularly after Duran last year. Their tour finishes in Germany four days before EP and they're free to announce after their Cork gig next Tue.

Would also welcome The Human League back or any from Midge Ure, Heaven 17, Sleeper, Wire, MIA & Paul Weller. And above all Microdisney. Please let them do just one extra gig.

Snarky Snark Snark

ha!

Had thought of Midge Ure the other day and checked his schedule, gigging in the States at that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,747 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

ha!

Had thought of Midge Ure the other day and checked his schedule, gigging in the States at that point.

Vienna is one of the best ****ing songs of all time. Fact.

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

everlast75 wrote: »

it means nothing to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Heard the new NERD song on the radio there. Awful. Just saying

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Still baffled at the thought of NERD headlining. Absurd.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Some of the latest additions to Sziget, Bonobo again, I can see him cropping up for the Picnic now seeing that Forbidden Fruit has passed, it has happened before with acts who have played Forbidden Fruit. Florence and the Machine played EP a few years back and also played some big gigs in Dublin on the same year.

703DB9E2-EF01-4A75-8079-AD201807B0EC.thumb.png.026c94200334117f3bf6de4bd9c2cac1.png

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭paulbok

everlast75 wrote: »

Ah shaddap ya face

• Registered Users Posts: 19,747 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

paulbok wrote: »
    Ah shaddap ya face

Whatsa matter you - hey?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

The organisers are really killing their festival. This year in particular has made it apparent they really don't care about the festival itself as long as all of the tickets sell and their pockets are lined. Where are the announcements?
    With ALN and all of the other festivals that now take place in Ireland, EP is no longer the festival people go to even when the lineup is crap because there's nothing else on offer. If ATN goes well, I'm done with EP unless they pull some spectacular lineup out of somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

I have it on good authority that we won't be getting an announcement today.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭roll

Most festivals have a shelf life-it might be that EP is coming to the end its cycle. oh well it's given us plenty of moments over the last 15 years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

I have it on good authority that we won't be getting an announcement today.

Of course not.. We need an announcement of an announcement first :D:D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement