Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Another festival near Picnic time with Liam Gallagher in the announcement.

FB_IMG_1528104950064.thumb.jpg.0b7c7260596c8d6779d4b13b033574c1.jpg

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

Hozier is starting an American tour on the 15th Sept... Nailed on for the Picnic now I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I avoided him before, i can do it again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Liam Gallagher and Hozier on the next announcement would keep a lot of people happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Poorside wrote: »
    Liam Gallagher and Hozier on the next announcement would keep a lot of people happy.

Don't see why LG would play EP after he is doing Malahide on Friday

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

RakeTheRake-esfandiari-money-pile.png

RakeTheRake-esfandiari-money-pile.png

Ah yeah, I get that

Sure he played up at Weston Airport back in October also, must love d'Irish!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Poorside wrote: »

giphy.gif

Just spotted this in one of the Pink Floyd forums, Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets tour which apparently starts at 2nd September in Stockholm. Would be a cool choice to throw in like the Robert Plant announcement a few years back. NM's Saucerful of Secrets is a band Nick Mason has formed to play the older Pink Floyd classics aka Barrett era - Ummagumma - Live at Pompeii era :).

http://www.thesaucerfulofsecrets.com/

Snarky Snark Snark

hmmm, would be cool but old Floyd would not exactly be festival slot friendly for timing.

Seeing his former "singer" in two weeks time anyway....

• Advertisement

hmmm, would be cool but old Floyd would not exactly be festival slot friendly for timing.

Lucky sod, Roger Waters, I never saw him myself, would love to go but will be recovering from Body & Soul around then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

As am I!!

• Subscribers Posts: 41,634 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Just spotted this in one of the Pink Floyd forums, Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets tour which apparently starts at 2nd September in Stockholm. Would be a cool choice to throw in like the Robert Plant announcement a few years back. NM's Saucerful of Secrets is a band Nick Mason has formed to play the older Pink Floyd classics aka Barrett era - Ummagumma - Live at Pompeii era :).

If only!!!!

That would be my weekend made in one act!

If only!!!!

That would be my weekend made in one act!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

as I said a few pages ago, he's doing festivals all throughout the summer in Europe, including August and September, but is completely free that weekend.
    unless he has some personal reason to keep it free, it must be for a gig that's yet to be announced, and MCD/Festival Republic have done all his gigs in Ireland so far, so EP must be quite likely.
    announcement timed for after his at Malahide (and possibly other gigs from acts that played here recently/soon).

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

as I said a few pages ago, he's doing festivals all throughout the summer in Europe, including August and September, but is completely free that weekend.
    unless he has some personal reason to keep it free, it must be for a gig that's yet to be announced, and MCD/Festival Republic have done all his gigs in Ireland so far, so EP must be quite likely.
    announcement timed for after his at Malahide (and possibly other gigs from acts that played here recently/soon).

Would love to see The War On Drugs added. Didn't get to FF.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

Lily Allen has just released a new album. Would fit the bill for mid tier addition.

Also The Breeders maybe now that their Dublin gig is over..

Surely Belly. That would make me very happy indeed

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Lucky sod, Roger Waters, I never saw him myself, would love to go but will be recovering from Body & Soul around then.

Saw him in Glastonbury 2002. The overall impression I have is that I'm glad I saw him but I wasn't blown away. He did a weird thing where the drummer and bassist played a 10 minute solo while Waters and the rest sat down and pretended to play poker. A not so subtle "**** you for coming to see me live"!

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

does anyone know if you can cancel a festihut and get a refund? may be in situation where people now cant go and one of our huts may be unneeded.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Thalia - get on to the Festihut people asap - as they are a separate Company who are relocating from Boutique Area to the Pink Moon site this year (for additional luxuries) - but the sooner you contact them - the sooner you will be able to sort out some type of refund. Best of luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I’m pretty sure I read somewhere before on their website that you lose a deposit? Think maybe 150 or something like that.

Saw him in Glastonbury 2002. The overall impression I have is that I'm glad I saw him but I wasn't blown away. He did a weird thing where the drummer and bassist played a 10 minute solo while Waters and the rest sat down and pretended to play poker. A not so subtle "**** you for coming to see me live"!

its a little bit more nuanced than that.

its something they used to do originally when playing "dogs" live.... they knew it was a long drawn out synthesiser piece so they used to take the piss by dropping instruments and playing cards around a table and having a beer, leaving usually Rick as keyboardist to play the section.

Roger just brought it back when playing his solo live tours.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

thanks Judes, its a very complicated situation, but I will chat to them myself and see that they say, the website says all booked out and there i a shortlist, so im sure if we cancel ours it will be snapped up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

thalia_13 wrote: »
    thanks Judes, its a very complicated situation, but I will chat to them myself and see that they say, the website says all booked out and there i a shortlist, so im sure if we cancel ours it will be snapped up!

You could sell it on easily enough. All you need when you arrive in EP is the name on the booking. No proof of purchase needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Hozier's just announced a run of US shows to mark the release of new work. Starts mid-September and runs through October.

Could kick it off with a massive comeback show at Electric Picnic? He had a huuuuge crowd there the last time he played. Wouldn't be to my taste but would definitely hit the mark for quite a few people in attendance.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

You'd think theres a good chance he'd be in the next announcement alright. I wonder what the album is like? The follow up to a hugely sucessful debut album is always tricky.

Hozier's just announced a run of US shows to mark the release of new work. Starts mid-September and runs through October.

Could kick it off with a massive comeback show at Electric Picnic? He had a huuuuge crowd there the last time he played. Wouldn't be to my taste but would definitely hit the mark for quite a few people in attendance.

Great, more people at the main stage mean less people everywhere else. The perfect time to explore

So any idea of a fecking announcement yet, just something to talk about.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

We could talk about Brexit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

A-ha were class last night in Cork by all accounts.. I'm gonna make a bold prediction of an announcement next week which will include A-ha and Liam Gallagher... :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement