Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Announcement soon ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Announcement soon ;)

Was it mentioned on twitter/insta?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Announcement soon ;)
    When you say it's going to happen soon, well when exactly do you mean? See I've already waited too long. And all my hope is gone........

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Davydeath

Aphex Twin announced for another show this summer - playing Bilbao fest. could be a massive coup gettting him for EP

Davydeath wrote: »
    Aphex Twin announced for another show this summer - playing Bilbao fest. could be a massive coup gettting him for EP

I reckon more likely for Metropolis Fest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

yeah, he has a relationship with POD, and he's playing another gig that weekend, i think in Italy? could imagine him as a standalone gig there the night before though too, like they did with someone (Leftfield?) a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Agree re. "A-ha" last night at Marquee in Cork - now the sound wasn't great - but brill gig/atmosphere and when you think of e Duran Duran ending last year on a high - the big 80's name could bring crowd together again. I love Lana Del Ray - but that was bad planning having her as the finale the previous year.

We need a bit of an 80s thing at EP - and "A-ha" could do it - but I'm wondering about Niall Rogers and Chic.

And please bring Human League to EP...……….

We need announcements - we're half way through June - tell us something - PLEASE...……….

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭roll

Judes wrote: »
    - and "A-ha" could do it - but I'm wondering about Niall Rogers and Chic.

nah you're OK - i know all the artists he has worked with off by heart as he has told me about ten times!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Hey Roll - only 10 times :D

But you gotta admit - the music is fun and will put everyone in a good mood.

"Let's Dance" he deserves big time recognition for that alone - so you may have to hear that for the 11th time ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

We have something!!!! This is not a drill!!! Go! Go! Go!!!!

First announcement in a while and it's for the stage I never visit.

Ah just saw the Trenchtown listing above - Cian Finn did a brill set at It Takes A Village Festival, back in April in Trabolgan. I can't wait to hear him again, he just made the place feel Happy and Sunny :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

First announcement in a while and it's for the stage I never visit.

I'm just hoping this doesn't drag out the rest of the announcements even more..

I'm just hoping this doesn't drag out the rest of the announcements even more..

I reckon something small next wens and then big one Thurs 28th or Friday 29th

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭whelzer

Judes wrote: »
    Ah just saw the Trenchtown listing above - Cian Finn did a brill set at It Takes A Village Festival, back in April in Trabolgan. I can't wait to hear him again, he just made the place feel Happy and Sunny :)

He was brilliant last year at EP on the Friday night (at least I think it was Friday!).

Gangsters are always worth seeing. Would have been nice to see acts like Radikal Guru or even Mungos HiFi included. But overall looking fwd to Trenchtown again in 2018...

Announcement soon ;)

Told ya

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭deeks

David Byrne announced for 3 Arena on 24th October - another one bites the dust!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Think he's touring outside yurp at that point anyway so was never going to be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 roly123

EP has deleted the Trenchtown announcement from their social media? Whats going on? Did they decide they've said too much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Yeah I just noticed that too. Gone from twitter now and I don't think it ever appeared on FB. What the fcuk are they at???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭fourmations

:(

as usual that announcement means nothing to me,
    (no disrespect to T-Town faithful, i listen to everything from Billie Holiday to black metal but TT has no appeal for me unfortunately)

get on with the other announcements please!!!:D

(no disrespect to T-Town faithful, i listen to everything from Billie Holiday to black metal but TT has no appeal for me unfortunately)

Takes up quite a large area;

anytime i've passed through it's dead. Could really be used for something better.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 roly123

I'm just glad they finally announced SOMETHING! :D Hopefully more will follow soon!

Do announcements tend to be spread out?

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

I like it as a prelim for a bit before entering the main site on the Friday, few cans, be grand and all that.. would appeal too much after 3pm though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Going to EP for 7 years, and I think I only ever made it to trench town once.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Columc wrote: »
    Going to EP for 7 years, and I think I only ever made it to trench town once.

I like flitting between there and Salty Dog mid-afternoon with my bag of cans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭fourmations

I like flitting between there and Salty Dog mid-afternoon with my bag of cans.

your BIG bag of cans, i think you mean! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

relax lads they are just waiting for Hozier to sign on the dotted line to headline before making main announcement.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement