Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 roly123

showpony1 wrote: »
    relax lads they are just waiting for Hozier to sign on the dotted line to headline before making main announcement.

I would love that. Have never seen him live

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭fourmations

showpony1 wrote: »
    relax lads they are just waiting for Hozier to sign on the dotted line to headline before making main announcement.

id rather he didnt sign anything and we got the annoucement sooner
    double bonus! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

I usually camp in Joplin so I like Trenchtown as a different route from main arena back to campsite. Wilde is usually mental by Saturday and kinda get sick of walking the same route all weekend. Don't stay around for too long but it's not a bad spot for a few cans usually. At least it's an announcement

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I reckon more likely for Metropolis Fest

If he gets announced for Metropolis, I'll burn the bloody place to the ground. :D

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭LowOdour

I always pop in to Trenchtown over the weekend for a while to see what is going on. Saw After the Ibis a few years ago and were very enjoyable, so its good to see them on again this year.

But saying that, they do need to do something with the area to entice people to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I like to sit in trenchtown and smoke joints after the rave in the woods has stopped. Other than that i just walk through it mostly, but I like hearing the bass from the dub reggae pounding through the surrounding trees.

LowOdour wrote: »
    I always pop in to Trenchtown over the weekend for a while to see what is going on. Saw After the Ibis a few years ago and were very enjoyable, so its good to see them on again this year.

But saying that, they do need to do something with the area to entice people to it.

Yeah its a pity, some of the money invested in the main stage could go to Trenchtown, book acts like Lee Scratch Perry, Dub Syndicate, African Head Charge, Adrian Sherwood, Sly & Robbie, Linton Kwesi Johnson, General Levy, Horace Andy, Barrington Levy. Yer right LowOdour, they could make Trenchtown so much better, up their ante like the Boomtown Fair reggae stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Normally some great food in trenchtown, good place to sit and chill for a small while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

thalia_13 wrote: »
    does anyone know if you can cancel a festihut and get a refund? may be in situation where people now cant go and one of our huts may be unneeded.

I’m sure you can, I’m on a festihut waiting list so I would assume that’s the reason. Alternatively drop me a pm and we could just ask them to change name to mine and I’ll pay you.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,634 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

The bionic rats are good craic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

LowOdour wrote: »

Yeah its a pity, some of the money invested in the main stage could go to Trenchtown, book acts like Lee Scratch Perry, Dub Syndicate, African Head Charge, Adrian Sherwood, Sly & Robbie, Linton Kwesi Johnson, General Levy, Horace Andy, Barrington Levy. Yer right LowOdour, they could make Trenchtown so much better, up their ante like the Boomtown Fair reggae stage.

Absolutely. I’d happily spend more time in Trenchtown & Other Voices if there wasn’t so much hassle getting back into the main arena. Salty Dog, Rave & Hazel Woods are ideal outside but why can’t the main arena incorporate Trenchtown & OVs? Just needs a little extension of the fence.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Absolutely. I’d happily spend more time in Trenchtown & Other Voices if there wasn’t so much hassle getting back into the main arena. Salty Dog, Rave & Hazel Woods are ideal outside but why can’t the main arena incorporate Trenchtown & OVs? Just needs a little extension of the fence.
    While that may be true, the BYOB aspects of both are a big draw for both. The main arena would take from that.

Seathrun66 wrote: »

The established paths are set, I can't see them changing now, they better not! I've got used to my routes ....six years later! ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

yeah, we only go there when we're drinking cans during the day as an alternative to sitting around the tents. wouldn't be arsed going into the main arena for them during the day. there's plenty in the main arena as it is.

Just an idea to keep the EP patter going, any stories about wandering the festival's periphery, basically the wooded sort of areas, B&S Village, Trenchtown, Hazel Wood, Rave in the Woods, Trailer Park or any other part that wasn't the main stage or the main marquees.

I discovered Trailer Park for the first time proper last year and enjoyed it, I marvelled at all the different types of caravans, some extremely psychedelic. Loads of different stalls and even a turban making stall, who would have thought, but man they look class when finished. Jaheire were playing a Bob Marley/Toots & the Maytals/Madness and Specials tribute concert on the Trailer Park main stage. Of course, the concert was very apt as I went to see Madness after that. An interesting discovery and worth checking out, if you wanna see the pics visit the oul blog. I'm going to be writing a festival preview this weekend and I will be taking in a bunch of the Irish events I'll be attending this year. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

did she accidentally get exposed to a gluten?
    As far as I remember her exposures were completely deliberate and I assume very well paid.
    So, Updated to take account of todays earth shattering announcement.
    Just for interest, here are last years follow up announcements. Stage|Date17|Date18Main Stage 1|Mar 23|Mar 14Other Voices 1|May 3Trench 1|May 11|Jun 13Food|May 17|May29Transmission|May 19Main Stage 2|June 23Anachronica|July 12Casa Bacardi|July 18Hazel Wood|July 20Body

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Strange, for some reason I cant get tables to work.  Anyway the update is, by this time last year we had all we currently have, plus Transmission (meh) and Other Voices 1.  We were about a week away from the second Main Stage announcement, after which there was a lull for another few weeks.  Then the announcements were at least weekly for the next 6/7 weeks

Strange, for some reason I cant get tables to work.  Anyway the update is, by this time last year we had all we currently have, plus Transmission (meh) and Other Voices 1.  We were about a week away from the second Main Stage announcement, after which there was a lull for another few weeks.  Then the announcements were at least weekly for the next 6/7 weeks

I'd imagine they'll be pretty regular with the information from now on, and I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Davydeath

Pulled Pork Nachos in Trenchtown

worth the visit for them alone

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

What and where was Transmission? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭MiniFridgeMen

mimimcmc wrote: »
    What and where was Transmission? :confused:

Transmission was a vinyl only electronic DJ stage, it had a UFO and not that much else, music was fantastic, vibe was weird, could do with a bit more....umph....if that makes any sense at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Can you buy Ice on site in the supermarket?

Thanks

Thanks

Yes.

Thanks

You can, but it's 5 quid a bag, pointless if you ask me.

Does anyone remember the Lost Vagueness and Southern Comfort stages from way back when? I remember collecting beads Mardi Gras style to bate the band one year

A couple of lads down from my tent last year brought dry ice, they left on Sunday so I stuck some cans into it, brilliant job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Does anyone remember the Lost Vagueness and Southern Comfort stages from way back when? I remember collecting beads Mardi Gras style to bate the band one year

Ah, the nostalgia. Lost Vagueness was excellent. I remember seeing it in Galsto once with naked trapeze artists, or was that EP?

Poorside wrote: »
    A couple of lads down from my tent last year brought dry ice, they left on Sunday so I stuck some cans into it, brilliant job.

now theres an idea!
    freezing cans and some Heston Blumenthal recipes!
    me likey!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Other Voices just posted on twitter "Announcement on the way later today..."........ Could this be another EP announcement!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭blueberrypie

Lottie Ryan on her Entertainment news announced a Caribbean section to be added to Electric Picnic. No other info
    :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement