Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

Lottie Ryan on her Entertainment news announced a Caribbean section to be added to Electric Picnic. No other info
    :rolleyes:

That's better than if they'd announced Radiohead, Foo Fighters and Daft Punk

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dibble

eplady2017 wrote: »
    Other Voices just posted on twitter "Announcement on the way later today..."........ Could this be another EP announcement!!!!!

Unfortunately not.....they've announced a two day event in Ballina in late September.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

You can, but it's 5 quid a bag, pointless if you ask me.

I think its 2 or 2.50 Euros for a bag of ice from the Stradbally Supervalu, so you can get two for the price of the one in the campsite shop, also remember to bring yer own skins, the same campsite shop charges 2 Euros for a pack of skins. :eek:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

I think its 2 or 2.50 Euros for a bag of ice from the Stradbally Supervalu, so you can get two for the price of the one in the campsite shop, also remember to bring yer own skins, the same campsite shop charges 2 Euros for a pack of skins. :eek:

I think it's safe to say anything you buy in the supermarket on site or the bar is hugely over priced.. Beer being the worst.. I can't remember any other gigs I've been to where beer is as expensive as EP..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

I think it's safe to say anything you buy in the supermarket on site or the bar is hugely over priced.. Beer being the worst.. I can't remember any other gigs I've been to where beer is as expensive as EP..

€6.20 a pint? its €6 in 3arena & the .20 is for that plastic scheme.
    you've never been to a gig in 3arena?

• Advertisement

showpony1 wrote: »
    €6.20 a pint? its €6 in 3arena & the .20 is for that plastic scheme.
    you've never been to a gig in 3arena?

I have but I seem to remember it being €7+ for a beer at EP but I'm clearly mistaken... I stand corrected....

I have but I seem to remember it being €7+ for a beer at EP but I'm clearly mistaken... I stand corrected....

You wouldn't be thinking of 2007 - 2010, EP used to do a souvenir plastic pint glass, the first pint was like seven euro I think and you got that eco cup, your next pint was then a fiver and you reused the eco cup and could keep it as a memento. I think pints last year were 6.50, worth it for the Tiger one anyways.

You wouldn't be thinking of 2007 - 2010, EP used to do a souvenir plastic pint glass, the first pint was like seven euro I think and you got that eco cup, your next pint was then a fiver and you reused the eco cup and could keep it as a memento. I think pints last year were 6.50, worth it for the Tiger one anyways.

No.. I genuinely had it in my head they were €7+. Obviously having a senior moment :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I’ve seen those on the continent, great idea if you’ve some where to stash the thing during the music and the leppin and the dancin

• Registered Users Posts: 49 CantonaGod

Just got a message via Bandsintown app. Jessie Ware on 7pm Sunday ar EP, no stage mentioned. Accurate??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

i think 7pm is the default time for all of those notifications, but if it specifies Sunday, then she's probably on that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭fourmations

You can, but it's 5 quid a bag, pointless if you ask me.

For those not arsed with coolboxes and the like...Putting a few cans under the tent is a simple way to cool them a bit, also heard if you put a wet sock on a can it will chill it, regardless of the weather afaik, another one is to bring one of those soft buckets you see in garden centres and elsewhere, fill it up of the taps when required and drop the cans in! Cheers

For those not arsed with coolboxes and the like...Putting a few cans under the tent is a simple way to cool them a bit, also heard if you put a wet sock on a can it will chill it, regardless of the weather afaik, another one is to bring one of those soft buckets you see in garden centres and elsewhere, fill it up of the taps when required and drop the cans in! Cheers
    My first day usually consists of frozen burgers and sausages in a cooler with the beer, they thaw and straight on the disposable BBQ and it's the cheapest lunch all weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭myxi

I still have about 6 Oxegen ones from back in the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dibble

Depends what you've wet the sock with :eek:

Dibble wrote: »
    Depends what you've wet the sock with :eek:

Not on Sunday it doesn't

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I'm not sure which of the previous two statements are more worrying...

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

Wee bit off topic going out to malahide this evening anyone know what beer is on offer out there

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

haitens wrote: »
    Wee bit off topic going out to malahide this evening anyone know what beer is on offer out there

Orchard Theives and Heineken if I remember correctly :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Liam Gallagher tweeted "see you next year Ireland" so I guess we can rule him out of the next announcement!

• Advertisement

Need....proper..... announcement....losing...will...to....live

Just an idea to keep the EP patter going, any stories about wandering the festival's periphery, basically the wooded sort of areas, B&S Village, Trenchtown, Hazel Wood, Rave in the Woods, Trailer Park or any other part that wasn't the main stage or the main marquees.

I discovered Trailer Park for the first time proper last year and enjoyed it, I marvelled at all the different types of caravans, some extremely psychedelic. Loads of different stalls and even a turban making stall, who would have thought, but man they look class when finished. Jaheire were playing a Bob Marley/Toots & the Maytals/Madness and Specials tribute concert on the Trailer Park main stage. Of course, the concert was very apt as I went to see Madness after that. An interesting discovery and worth checking out, if you wanna see the pics visit the oul blog. I'm going to be writing a festival preview this weekend and I will be taking in a bunch of the Irish events I'll be attending this year. :)

To follow up on this I done a preview piece for Body&Soul festival where I posted the link on that thread. Will do the same in late July on the ATN thread and late August for this thread. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Estelle Costanza

Anyone know where the new eco camp will be?

Stradbally I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

Here's a video pf the new campsite if that helps.

https://www.facebook.com/byecocamping/videos/1529182663859494/

Just for interest, here are last years follow up announcements.

Stage|Date
    Other Voices 1|May 3
    Trench 1|May 11
    Food|May 17
    Transmission|May 19
    Main Stage 2|June 23
    Anachronica|July 12
    Casa Bacardi|July 18
    Hazel Wood|July 20
    Body & Soul|July 27
    Other Voices2|July 31
    Comedy|Aug 2
    Electric Ire|Aug 8
    Jerry Fish|Aug 10
    Trailer Park|Aug 17
    Main Stage 3|Aug 17

So based on the above are we expecting a second main stage announcement this week???

So based on the above are we expecting a second main stage announcement this week???

Possibly, the 2nd announcement was last year when Body&Soul festival was kicking off and its due to kick off this following Friday. :)

Some additions for Lowlands festival, someone mentioned on the Chic Malahide thread that Nile Rodgers apparently said at the end of the gig that he would be back for Electric Picnic. I hope not myself, as much as I enjoyed them in 2014 I think it would be a lazy booking for EP.

Lowlands: Announced last Thursday:
    Nile Rodgers & CHIC, The Tallis Scholars, Blaudzun, Miles Kane, ZHU, Portico Quartet, Alika & Nueva Alianza, Amenra, Amyl and The Sniffers, Arp Frique & Family, Carista, GAIKA, Jayda G, Moose Blood, Nakhane, Pythius, Sons of Kemet, SOPHIE (dj-set + visuals), Thunderpussy, Yung Feurich.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Some additions for Lowlands festival, someone mentioned on the Chic Malahide thread that Nile Rodgers apparently said at the end of the gig that he would be back for Electric Picnic. I hope not myself, as much as I enjoyed them in 2014 I think it would be a lazy booking for EP.
    Jaysus, everyone and their granny has seen NR & Chic at this stage. I really enjoyed them when I saw them 6 years ago...but they have been rolling out the same exact act since then.
    What chances they play before NERD, get Pharrell on for a song? I'd be delighted with that as I will be gone home by Sunday evening!!

• Advertisement

Lowlands: Announced last Thursday:
    Nile Rodgers & CHIC, The Tallis Scholars, Blaudzun, Miles Kane, ZHU, Portico Quartet, Alika & Nueva Alianza, Amenra, Amyl and The Sniffers, Arp Frique & Family, Carista, GAIKA, Jayda G, Moose Blood, Nakhane, Pythius, Sons of Kemet, SOPHIE (dj-set + visuals), Thunderpussy, Yung Feurich.

Agree it would be a "lazy" booking... It would be disappointing but not surprising...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement