Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Some additions for Lowlands festival, someone mentioned on the Chic Malahide thread that Nile Rodgers apparently said at the end of the gig that he would be back for Electric Picnic. I hope not myself, as much as I enjoyed them in 2014 I think it would be a lazy booking for EP.

Lowlands: Announced last Thursday:
    Nile Rodgers & CHIC, The Tallis Scholars, Blaudzun, Miles Kane, ZHU, Portico Quartet, Alika & Nueva Alianza, Amenra, Amyl and The Sniffers, Arp Frique & Family, Carista, GAIKA, Jayda G, Moose Blood, Nakhane, Pythius, Sons of Kemet, SOPHIE (dj-set + visuals), Thunderpussy, Yung Feurich.

They did not say they would be back for EP, they said that the reason why they are so popular now was because of a set they did at EP few years back. Nothing about being back at EP this year

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

They did not say they would be back for EP, they said that the reason why they are so popular now was because of a set they did at EP few years back. Nothing about being back at EP this year

Just as well... People might, Freak Out!

I'll get my coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

I'm guessing the 2009 appearance in the Electric Arena he was referencing .. which was really special in fairness!

Nah I think Ireland is well and truly Chic'd out

Regarding lack of announcements ... it is baffling at this stage. What other festival (in the world) follows this drip-feed model?!?

Loyal following rapidly losing patience!

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Come on guys - Nile Rogers - all the old Disco classics - yes it's a lazy booking - but it will be FUN and we can jump around and sing all the words (and so can the "young uns" - cos they would have those songs covered on Glee) (No I've never watched Glee - just that whenever the kidz know the words - and I'm impressed thinking ah they've discovered the old sounds - they ask how I know the words...……….. cos they heard it on Glee :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Regarding lack of announcements ... it is baffling at this stage. What other festival (in the world) follows this drip-feed model?!?

Glasto

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

keith_d99 wrote: »
    I'm guessing the 2009 appearance in the Electric Arena he was referencing .. which was really special in fairness!

Nah I think Ireland is well and truly Chic'd out

If you look at previous years this year is pretty much the same, not sure why everyone is getting so impatient, it’s the same every year!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

MadYaker wrote: »
    If you look at previous years this year is pretty much the same, not sure why everyone is getting so impatient, it’s the same every year!

Yeah, but time is a pain in the ass, why can't we just remove time. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

God it’s only 10 weeks away...it really does fly round again!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭tfarrell

Has anyone received hard copy tickets yet?

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

tfarrell wrote: »

Looong time ago but they apparenrly do them in batches so wouldn’t worry at all until much closer to the event

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭fourmations

tfarrell wrote: »

if you log on to TM it tells you if they have been dispatched or not
    click the link to EP in your order history,
    i did installments starting november and i havent got mine yet

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

So should we expect an announcement tomorrow heralding friday’s actual announcement?

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Anyone think George Ezra could headline one of the tents?

Loving his album which I'm surprised at given my teenage kicking background.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

thebusher wrote: »

Loving his album which I'm surprised at given my teenage kicking background.

7-8pm saturday main stage nailed on

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭glencurtis252

thebusher wrote:

EP Twitter page have already put up something referencing main stage a few weeks ago I think

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

EP Twitter page have already put up something referencing main stage a few weeks ago I think

He played the main stage a couple of years ago, I don't think the stink has washed off it yet... I'd sooner go watch my parents riding than see him again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭LowOdour

He played the main stage a couple of years ago, I don't think the stink has washed off it yet... I'd sooner go watch my parents riding than see him again.

Think we would all watch that Davy....get on to Festival Republic to book for EP2108

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Yep he was dull as dish water was he really really really stoned or is he always like that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

Do your parents riding have a band name ?

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

s8n wrote: »

Orchestral manouvers in the dark?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Mama and the Papa.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,634 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Super furry animals?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

It would be funny if Electric Picnic was happening this weekend at Body & Soul festival was happening on August 31st. :):D

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

Wham !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Fear https://g.co/kgs/CmNCHp

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

The fear.

Is what I meant to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

He was enjoyable enough on the main stage a few years ago. Great voice. I can't see him moving too far up the bill though.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭glencurtis252

s8n wrote:

Could be like an eyeball Paul DJ set from Kevin and Perry with them riding in the background.. all I wanna do is do it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

O.c.s, Peter hook and the light, shed seven Anand glasvegas playing shine on festival in Birmingham the week after the picnic

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement