Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

He played the main stage a couple of years ago, I don't think the stink has washed off it yet... I'd sooner go watch my parents riding than see him again.

It still hurts me that I was at his set at the main stage and skipped the War on Drugs. I'm 90% sure they were clashing. We were based at the main stage, the sun was belting down and we stayed for his set. It was grand like but no excuses for anyone missing the War on Drugs for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭fourmations

It still hurts me that I was at his set at the main stage and skipped the War on Drugs. I'm 90% sure they were clashing. We were based at the main stage, the sun was belting down and we stayed for his set. It was grand like but no excuses for anyone missing the War on Drugs for it.

for shame! WOD were great

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

I feel your pain.. I skipped The War On Drugs for him too.. Was really hoping WOD might make a return this year but with headlining FF I imagine not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Oof. Tough break lads. War on Drugs was class.

Worst mistake I think that I have made was sticking with Florence & the Machine during her headline slot when she clashed with Tame Impala. I've no interest in her but our whole group was there and it was the last thing we were doing before some left before work the following morning.

Another big one was John Grant v James Blake a few years ago. Picked Grant and he was superb so no major regret, but I have now seen him about 5/6 times since and have never managed to catch Blake!!

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

11 years later and I'm still not over the fact that I chose The Killers over Daft Punk at Oxegen 2007. Even though I had seen The Killers loads of times before and ALL my mates were going to Daft Punk. What was I thinking :(:(

• Advertisement

dmm82 wrote: »
    11 years later and I'm still not over the fact that I chose The Killers over Daft Punk at Oxegen 2007. Even though I had seen The Killers loads of times before and ALL my mates were going to Daft Punk. What was I thinking :(:(

Oh.

God.

I'm so very sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

eplady2017 wrote: »
    I feel your pain.. I skipped The War On Drugs for him too.. Was really hoping WOD might make a return this year but with headlining FF I imagine not.

they're playing London in December (with Slowdive supporting), so hoping that they'll add Dublin date(s) too as it seems an awful long way to come just for 1 gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Worst mistake I think that I have made was sticking with Florence & the Machine during her headline slot when she clashed with Tame Impala. I've no interest in her but our whole group was there and it was the last thing we were doing before some left before work the following morning.

Another big one was John Grant v James Blake a few years ago. Picked Grant and he was superb so no major regret, but I have now seen him about 5/6 times since and have never managed to catch Blake!!

I saw TWOD at Primavera and they were absolutely brutal!

I saw TWOD at Primavera and they were absolutely brutal!

I saw The War on Drugs at Primavera too. Loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

they're playing London in December (with Slowdive supporting), so hoping that they'll add Dublin date(s) too as it seems an awful long way to come just for 1 gig.

Wow that would be amazing. I was sitting on the grass at Forbidden Fruit two weeks ago thinking the only way this could get better is if Slowdive were on support. Fingers crossed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I saw The War on Drugs at Primavera too. Loved it.
    me too.
    saw Slowdive there too, who were phenomenal. Probably in my top 5 gigs ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

Same as. It was stupid having WOD at that time anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

!!

I've since seen WOD so it's okay.

I picked Tame Impala over Florence that year too. Phew. I had seen Florence before. Most of our group went to her and three of us went to Tame Impala. We walked into the tent just as Elephant played.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

me too.
    saw Slowdive there too, who were phenomenal. Probably in my top 5 gigs ever.

Slowdive were amazing but TWOD do nothing for me. He's a great musician but not a great songwriter IMO, the songs are dull. And they sound like Dire Straits.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

they sound like Dire Straits.....

miaaaoooowww

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Slowdive were amazing but TWOD do nothing for me. He's a great musician but not a great songwriter IMO, the songs are dull. And they sound like Dire Straits.....

Fully agree with that assessment and they were pretty dull when I caught them at Glastonbury a few years ago. However the EP set was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Seriously now, time to get cracking on the research. Help me out, music gurus. What's good that I don't know yet? La Femme my faves of the stuff I'm not really familiar with so far. Field music sounding good. What's worth researching?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭duckdiggler

s8n wrote: »
    Do your parents riding have a band name ?

S Express

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Gonna buy tix to next year but i will be looking at gigs in Europe. 10 weeks to go and still no second announcement. Does my tits in

Snarky Snark Snark

calm-your-tits.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

calm-your-tits.jpg

My tits are calm. I just checked ;)

I've been to about 10 EPs and the wait is getting a little bit more annoying each year.

Plus the lineup and value in Europe can be slightly better. Then you have the timing in thr year, prob better weather and a change of scenery.

Just saying what I'm thinking is all

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

You were not the only one to do this and regret it ever since since the Killers were rubbish as headliners. I just remember at some stage just looking back at seeing the lights at Daft Punk and thinking i should have went there.

Going to see the Killers next week tho since they have really improved like since then

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

You were not the only one to do this and regret it ever since since the Killers were rubbish as headliners. I just remember at some stage just looking back at seeing the lights at Daft Punk and thinking i should have went there.

Going to see the Killers next week tho since they have really improved like since then

Haha me too! I love franz ferdinand too so should be a good night.
    Yeh I remember I could hear bits of daft punk playing over the killers and I eventually went running over and caught the last minute or so. To this day I have a friend who says that daft punk gig was his favourite live act of all time. Dammit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

To this day I have a friend who says that daft punk gig was his favourite live act of all time. Dammit :D

He ain’t lying

Snarky Snark Snark

Daft punk ..... live?

Come see my laptop etc .....

(Legger)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Daft Punk at RockNess in Scotland in 2007.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

Haha me too! I love franz ferdinand too so should be a good night.
    Yeh I remember I could hear bits of daft punk playing over the killers and I eventually went running over and caught the last minute or so. To this day I have a friend who says that daft punk gig was his favourite live act of all time. Dammit :D

Well Friday could be your lucky day and EP announce Daft Punk.

They won't of course, but they could.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Daft punk ..... live?

Come see my laptop etc .....

(Legger)

daftpunkspyramid.jpg

There is a laptop in there somewhere. I love the fact that they use the Behringer BCR2000 midi controllers, which are really cheap options that many non-pros use.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

My sources tell me Daft Punk won’t be playing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭roll

...in my house, in mmmyyyyyyy house

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement