Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Is there an announcement tomorrow, yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

BadTurtle wrote: »

No announcement of an announcement yet!!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Yup
    My Bloody Valentine
    The Avett brothers
    Beck
    The traveling wilburys.

Dream ticket:
    Death Grips
    Deafheaven
    Ho99o9
    Danny Brown
    Vince Staples
    Rustie
    Hudson Mohawke
    Lunice
    My Morning Jacket
    Julianna Barwick
    Julia Holter

Nightmare scenario:
    Kodaline
    Coronas
    Liam Gallagher
    Picture This
    Hudson Taylor
    Ben Howard

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

Dream ticket:
    Death Grips
    Deafheaven
    Ho99o9
    Danny Brown
    Vince Staples
    Rustie
    Hudson Mohawke
    Lunice
    My Morning Jacket
    Julianna Barwick
    Julia Holter

Nightmare scenario:
    Kodaline
    Coronas
    Liam Gallagher
    Picture This
    Hudson Taylor
    Ben Howard

Keep your head up, Ben Howard has been announced already

• Advertisement

Keep your head up, Ben Howard has been announced already

Bollocks. And I'm only just after getting over the fact that George Ezra is behind that incredibly ****ing twee song on every radio station for the last 3+ months.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,824 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Bollocks. And I'm only just after getting over the fact that George Ezra is behind that incredibly ****ing twee song on every radio station for the last 3+ months.

George Ezra is a stain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Still scratching my head at the addition of Dua Lipa and NERD. And I bet they both cost a pretty penny.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Still scratching my head at the addition of Dua Lipa and NERD. And I bet they both cost a pretty penny.

dua lipa - pop for the kiddies, i'd assume she'll be on sunday at some point when the day trippers arrive

nerd - dunno, never really on my radar but Pharrell is pretty big

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭fourmations

Im delighted to inform you that Mr Ezra has a new single out
    (and its just as cringey!;) )

• Advertisement

dua lipa - pop for the kiddies, i'd assume she'll be on sunday at some point when the day trippers arrive

Pharrell has had a few big hits (Get Lucky for one) and NERD don't perform his solo songs. Anyway, won't be going to see them. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

announcement today ???? i really hope so but fear there will have to be the usual announcement about an announcement first....

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaffolino

tonto123 wrote: »
    announcement today ???? i really hope so but fear there will have to be the usual announcement about an announcement first....

I'm so underwhelmed by this years line up so far. I tried my best to get into some acts and discover new ones . Its just not happening. Really really really hoping they pull out a few gems for a second announcement but if I'm honest I can't see it being great. Already preferring the line up for ATN and also heading to Madcool so EP is like the poor relation for me this summer

No "Announcement of an announcement" makes me fear this waiting is gonna continue for another while yet....
    I really hope I'm proved wrong later today...

yes same as... hoping the line up improves with second announcement as im struggling to get excited about anything on lineup right now if im honest...think altogether now getting totally overhyoed tho... fleet foxes, groove armada, roisin murphy , chaka chan , underworld , mogwai have all played picnic or ireland before and we would be all giving out about the picnic lineup if it had the lineup altogether now has

gaffolino wrote: »
    I'm so underwhelmed by this years line up so far. I tried my best to get into some acts and discover new ones . Its just not happening. Really really really hoping they pull out a few gems for a second announcement but if I'm honest I can't see it being great. Already preferring the line up for ATN and also heading to Madcool so EP is like the poor relation for me this summer

Looking at the poster there's still a load more acts to be announced I reckon. Which genres do you prefer? There might be some hidden gems you haven't discovered yet and I'm sure boardsies would be happy to help you out.

My must sees so far: St. Vincent, Massive Attack, Wolf Alice, Nina Kraviz, Friendly Fires.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Tried my best also to drum up some interest in the first wave but just nothing there for me. The delay in more announcements more or less made my mind up to sell tix and make other plans.

The ATN lineup isn't amazing by any means (and it should be a cheaper ticket IMO) but I'm looking forward to something different. Already been to Primavera this year, gonna throw in Stendhal too and Pitchfork Paris.

Snarky Snark Snark

we would be all giving out about the picnic lineup if it had the lineup altogether now has

People are gonna whinge about the line up no matter who is on it.

All this has happened before and will happen again.

exactly well said...

Dua Lipa is one of the big acts around at the moment, don't get it myself but it's probably one of the few coups EP got this year (Kendrick is big right now, but Longitude had him two years ago, and he also played Dublin last year).

NERD seemed to have become elder statesmen since their last album, the same way A Tribe Called Quest or Wu Tang Clan got bumped up to headliners at festivals in the last decade - it's not due to increased popularity, just seems to be that they're going long enough. I'm a fan of them - their first two albums are great, good musicianship, production and genuinely good craic. Third and fourth albums are patchy at best. New one is another mixed bag but has grown on me since the release. Still can't see how they're headliners having only had two hits in the country ever, and those back like 14 years ago, but I guess EP are going off their placing at other festivals, and banking (probably wrongly) on Pharrell and the Neptunes starry careers to make them seem more like headliners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

Chvrches new album is amazing. They are superb live. They’ll be my number one must see at EP this year. I’m going to see them in Glasgow in 2 weeks as well.
    Stick them on Spotify while you’re gardening or bbqing this weekend if you’re not familiar

still room on lineup poster for some decent subheadliners i hope

another week gone... ****ing jokers

• Registered Users Posts: 22 roly123

I'd be surprised if there was an announcement today since there has been no pre-announcement like last year

very true. there wont be now anyways at this time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

we would be all giving out about the picnic lineup if it had the lineup altogether now has

People are gonna whinge about the line up no matter who is on it.

All this has happened before and will happen again.
    The  Line up is poor. There is not one that list that is a headliner. people are paying enough for the tickets that there should be a good headliner.

Five Grand Stereo (not familiar) have tweeted that they have been added to EP lineup!!! https://twitter.com/fivegrandstereo/status/1008989503544070144?s=19
    I don't see them on the EP website.....Perhaps that second announcement may be on the way ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

eplady2017 wrote: »
    Five Grand Stereo (not familiar) have tweeted that they have been added to EP lineup!!! https://twitter.com/fivegrandstereo/status/1008989503544070144?s=19
    I don't see them on the EP website.....Perhaps that second announcement may be on the way ..

I've heard of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

Bowlardo wrote: »
    The  Line up is poor. There is not one that list that is a headliner. people are paying enough for the tickets that there should be a good headliner.

Kendrick Lamar is probably the biggest act on the planet at the moment (I'm not a fan, but he is everywhere). So stop being so dramatic.

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

Bowlardo wrote: »

nvgMIlY.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement