Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

It's almost like everyone missed the 5 grand stereo self-announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Stillill42 wrote: »
    It's almost like everyone missed the 5 grand stereo self-announcement.

Didn’t miss, either they’re feeling brave or there’s something on the way

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

cant see anything being announced at this time on a friday... that weather outside id say they have well left the office :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Bowlardo wrote: »
    The Line up is poor. There is not one that list that is a headliner. people are paying enough for the tickets that there should be a good headliner.

888.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Bowlardo wrote: »
    The  Line up is poor. There is not one that list that is a headliner. people are paying enough for the tickets that there should be a good headliner.

Every. F*cking. Week.

"I don't like this band" does not equal "This band isn't popular/headline-worthy."

Kendrick Lamar is one of the biggest draws on the planet at present; NERD are headling and sub-headlining festivals all over Europe and North America this summer, and Massive Attack have headlined at Electric Picnic before!!

Add in George Ezra, Dua Lipa and Ben Howard (all huge popstars at present) and St Vincent (who is headlining smaller festivals like End of the Road, where EP used share acts) and EP has actually put together an objectively strong line-up at present.

Do I like those acts? For the most part, no. But that doesn't mean they shouldn't be at the top end of the poster and the fact that it is selling out stupidly fast each year would suggest that the organisers know their audience by now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭homosapien91

Tickets arrived in the post this morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

It’s the hope that gets you in the end.

Every Friday from 11:55 to 14:05 there’s the hope of an announcement, then just confusion, denial, lashing out and acceptance.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

I started the day with such high hopes and optimism...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Would kill to be at body and soul now

Rfrip wrote: »
    Would kill to be at body and soul now

Or Isle of Wight, pod pads put up a pic, 1 cloud in the sky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

Poorside wrote: »
    Or Isle of Wight, pod pads put up a pic, 1 cloud in the sky.

Or Sea Sessions...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Kendrick Lamar is probably the biggest act on the planet at the moment (I'm not a fan, but he is everywhere). So stop being so dramatic.

Ah now, a tad over the top there. Ed Sheeran, Taylor Swift, U2, Beyonce, Rihanna etc. have far bigger fanbases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Ah now, a tad over the top there. Ed Sheeran, Taylor Swift, U2, Beyonce, Rihanna etc. have far bigger fanbases.

Fingers crossed for the next announcement so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

BadTurtle wrote: »

Yeah but they are never going to headline EP in fairness, in terms of acts picnic could realistically book I'd say Kendrick Lamar is up there even though I'm not a fan myself.

Snarky Snark Snark

Dunno, could see U2 at some point doing it before they call it a day, they've only really done Glastonbury in terms of festivals over the last 30 years but given it's the largest home one, it's got to be in with a shout at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Dunno, could see U2 at some point doing it before they call it a day, they've only really done Glastonbury in terms of festivals over the last 30 years but given it's the largest home one, it's got to be in with a shout at some stage.

And they’ve scouted out the festival. The Edge was standing beside us for Gavin Friday in 2012 while Bono was sidestage at Patti Smith the following evening. I’m not aware of them dropping in any other year but it’s surely a consideration for them.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Yeah but they are never going to headline EP in fairness, in terms of acts picnic could realistically book I'd say Kendrick Lamar is up there even though I'm not a fan myself.

My fear is that they spent so much on Kendrick and now its sold out they wont spend much on mid tier bands! Not a criticism of Kendrick or the organisers, but Im not overly optimisitic for the next announcement. Prove me wrong EP!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Could they be waiting to announce after Picture This finishes Cork and Dublin gigs.. They certainly seem to have the following and could IMO be a sub headliner..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

It’s not really, think about it logically

eplady2017 wrote: »
    Could they be waiting to announce after Picture This finishes Cork and Dublin gigs.. They certainly seem to have the following and could IMO be a sub headliner..

Jesus no, actually let them at it, certainly wouldn’t be a clash for me and would draw a load of people away from the tents and bars.

• Advertisement

Watching Isle of Wight now, those poor souls had the X factor winners to contend with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Jesus no, actually let them at it, certainly wouldn’t be a clash for me and would draw a load of people away from the tents and bars.

Waste of money though.

Saw some footage of Massive Attacks new show on instagram, visuals look seriously impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 roly123

eplady2017 wrote: »

Not sure why they’d have to wait after the gig if they were going to announce them? Just hope we’ll get a pre-announcement in the next few days.

With B&S out of the way we’re surely going to get something this week? Right?
    Guys?

Snarky Snark Snark

With B&S out of the way we’re surely going to get something this week? Right?
    Guys?

8arXG5r.png

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Ed sheeran played 2 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

Mr.S wrote: »
    Who has been the "biggest" act booked by EP since it started? Arcade Fire? Outkast?

Or was it the half a million set by The Killers ;)?

Florence and the Machine. She was huge at the time..
    Kendrick Lamar has to be up there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

i'd imagine Blur would have cost a fair few bob, that was a reunion tour

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

declanleo wrote: »

Ed hadnt reached peak crazy by then. He was big, but a few months away from being nutso big

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

declanleo wrote: »

5 years ago surely?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement