Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

declanleo wrote: »
    Ed sheeran played 2 years ago

He played in 2012 I think? Nowhere near as big as he is now.

I'd say Kendrick Lamar is up there with the biggest acts they have ever booked.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Arctic Monkeys for the 10 year anniversary are definitely up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

dmm82 wrote: »
    Haha me too! I love franz ferdinand too so should be a good night.
    Yeh I remember I could hear bits of daft punk playing over the killers and I eventually went running over and caught the last minute or so. To this day I have a friend who says that daft punk gig was his favourite live act of all time. Dammit :D

Not as if it was really possible to have a proper bop anyway with all the mud folks, I went to Daft Punk & got the end of Killers...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

BigMo1 wrote: »
    Arctic Monkeys for the 10 year anniversary are definitely up there.

Playing 2 dates in the 3 Arena in September so doubtful.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

i'd imagine Blur would have cost a fair few bob, that was a reunion tour

Think it was the Magic Whip tour?? Reunion tour was a few years before that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭roll

the reunion tour was oxegen.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

EP have a great history of getting acts before they go mega. And I don’t believe it’s accidental. LCD & Arcade Fire in 2005 being an obvious example. Sheehan another in 2012, Foals in 2008, Mumfords in 2010, MIA in 2007, The 1975 for several years before properly taking off. There are also lots of main stage major acts who started off in smaller tents. The bookers may drop some dodgy acts on us (including some of the above) but they’re getting a lot of very decent acts very early.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    EP have a great history of getting acts before they go mega. And I don’t believe it’s accidental. LCD & Arcade Fire in 2005 being an obvious example. Sheehan another in 2012, Foals in 2008, Mumfords in 2010, MIA in 2007, The 1975 for several years before properly taking off. There are also lots of main stage major acts who started off in smaller tents. The bookers may drop some dodgy acts on us (including some of the above) but they’re getting a lot of very decent acts very early.

And that's one of the main reasons why people always look back at previous years saying that the lineup was infinitely better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

For those of you not registered and interested, Eco Camping is back open

https://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/bye-eco-campsite-registrations-0

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Davysulls86

Stayed there last year. I can't recommend the place enough, worth the extra walk for the peace and quiet alone, let alone the extra security, or the cleanliness. And a short hop to and from the car park. A brilliant service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Stayed there last year. I can't recommend the place enough, worth the extra walk for the peace and quiet alone, let alone the extra security, or the cleanliness. And a short hop to and from the car park. A brilliant service.

Was just about to ask this. I’m booked in alright but my first time leaving pink moon. Looking forward to it now

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

Pink moon was disgracefully dirty last year. Tons of litter, overflowing bins and toilets. I went out with a bin bag and cleaned up around our tent and gave out to the dirty (monied) teenagers who were creating the mess. Is mise mammy. This was around the 2 man area. Going back to the rainbow tipis this year in the hopes of cleaner surroundings

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

surprised the link is still up and working on this, I thought it filled up after about 20mins last year?

have stayed here the last few years and already signed up again for this year. hoping they have some showers in the new field, as other than that it's perfect.

surprised the link is still up and working on this, I thought it filled up after about 20mins last year?

have stayed here the last few years and already signed up again for this year. hoping they have some showers in the new field, as other than that it's perfect.

Ya, washing your mickey with baby wipes in public isn't the best look, how did the court case go by the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Ya, washing your mickey with baby wipes in public isn't the best look?

that minty sting though, wakes you right up.:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Get a room, you two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Death Grips playing a few gigs in the UK across the dates of EP, with a few days off after their last one on September 1. Make it happen, EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Tickets came today, hurrah

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

less than 3 months, come on lads yer taking the piss now with the 2nd announcement... allz i wanna do is start listening to some bands that will be playing and get excited... not too much too ask is it...

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

eplady2017 wrote: »
    So based on the above are we expecting a second main stage announcement this week???

It's gotta be this weekðŸ§

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

That’s what they want you to think

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

I reckon Passenger is a sure bet for Friday. He headlined Black Deer Festival in the UK last weekend. Playing Vicar St. On the Saturday of EP and Belfast the Sunday.

New album out in 2 weeks also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

thebusher wrote: »
    I reckon Passenger is a sure bet for Friday

Please, no. I can't take another helium-voiced crooner.

I thought I had some breaking news this morning when I was on mgmt's website and saw they were booked for Electric Picnic in September. Alas, this Electric Picnic is in Portland.

I thought I had some breaking news this morning when I was on mgmt's website and saw they were booked for Electric Picnic in September. Alas, this Electric Picnic is in Portland.

They're doing both, it's the Electric Picnic Tour.

Janelle Monae is my tip for an announcement this week.

In terms of announcements, the second main stage one is only due about now. It is the Other Voices announcement that has gone missing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Janelle Monae is my tip for an announcement this week.

In terms of announcements, the second main stage one is only due about now. It is the Other Voices announcement that has gone missing.

She was absolutely brilliant when she last played. Two shows, one on Body & Soul and one at about 5pm on the Main Stage in, I'm gonna say, 2009?

A spellbinding live performer; still one of my top ever EP acts.

I don't enjoy her albums quite as much but she is well, well worth catching live.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I'd be surprised as she's doing this that weekend.

Saturday 01 September 2018 – Sunday 02 September 2018
    Janelle Monáe
    Made in America Festival 2018

Philadelphia, PA, US

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Don't shoot the Passenger messenger

I'd be surprised as she's doing this that weekend.

Saturday 01 September 2018 – Sunday 02 September 2018
    Janelle Monáe
    Made in America Festival 2018

Philadelphia, PA, US

Yep but she is in Europe the week before and after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

I’m still hoping for James, there schedule is perfect 👌ðŸ»

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement