Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 roly123

Please, no. I can't take another helium-voiced crooner.

I thought I had some breaking news this morning when I was on mgmt's website and saw they were booked for Electric Picnic in September. Alas, this Electric Picnic is in Portland.

Heartbreaking

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

roly123 wrote: »
    Heartbreaking

Thoughts and prayers...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

roly123 wrote: »
    Heartbreaking

U ok hun?xx

• Registered Users Posts: 22 roly123

U ok hun?xx

On the 31st of August I will be

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭whelzer

PinkCamper wrote: »
    Pink moon was disgracefully dirty last year. Tons of litter, overflowing bins and toilets. I went out with a bin bag and cleaned up around our tent and gave out to the dirty (monied) teenagers who were creating the mess. Is mise mammy. This was around the 2 man area. Going back to the rainbow tipis this year in the hopes of cleaner surroundings

Ranbow Tipi area was no better the last two years so I would not hopes up too much. I did pre-pitched thing at B&S last weekend and it was as bad (if not worse). Yes I am an old git but I think its a generational thing - youngsters these days and all that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭roll

i didn't think pinkmoon was that bad but there were a couple of large groups who didn't seem to think cleaning up after themselves was the done thing. So you could walk a number of lanes and they would be spotless and then the odd lane that looked like an illegal dump. but granted its very annoying that some people don't look around them and see that everybody else is making an effort to keep it all civilised.

Snarky Snark Snark

roll wrote: »
    i didn't think pinkmoon was that bad but there were a couple of large groups who didn't seem to think cleaning up after themselves was the done thing. So you could walk a number of lanes and they would be spotless and then the odd lane that looked like an illegal dump. but granted its very annoying that some people don't look around them and see that everybody else is making an effort to keep it all civilised.

Didn't think they were as good at keeping the communal bins emptied as previous years, could just have been a side effect of number of people in there.

That said, there was night and day between some lanes in terms of folks looking after their stuff, skangers gonna skang...

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Davysulls86

Didn't think they were as good at keeping the communal bins emptied as previous years, could just have been a side effect of number of people in there.

That said, there was night and day between some lanes in terms of folks looking after their stuff, skangers gonna skang...

That's exactly why I could never justify paying extra for camping, you could get stuck with a horrible shower of tramps next to you, or worse, Dublin GAA fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

not too many skangers paying the extra dough for pink moon believe me... its the posh kids who had their tickets bought by mam and dad id imagine from my experience the last few years in pink moon... its still a massive improvemnent on reglar camping.. it absolutely is.. theres no argument.... much calmer and chilled... ny final guesses here who we all thinking????????

Snarky Snark Snark

Really, maybe it's just the time I'm up and about / off to bed but PM has always seemed an older crowd (age does discriminate with infections of skangeritus).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

def is an older crowd which is a good thing in my opinion... waiting game is tough lads.. not today anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Anyone know if Eco is bigger this year at the new location? Registered last year but when we got there tents were on top of one another. Registered again this year.

Last few years we've stayed in Joplin which gives loads of space and is quiet enough too.

thebusher wrote: »
    Anyone know if Eco is bigger this year at the new location? Registered last year but when we got there tents were on top of one another. Registered again this year.

Last few years we've stayed in Joplin which gives loads of space and is quiet enough too.

We had plenty of room last year, but it's a new area this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

thebusher wrote: »

it is bigger, yes.

although last year we had loads of space, and there was plenty down the back for the weekend, so I assume you were down late and/or ended up pitching in a particularly busy area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

We had a leopard swinging competition around our tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 intothecold

Ejeca added EP 2018 to his events on Facebook earlier today but it has since been removed. I wonder if this is a good sign with regards to an announcement coming later this week or is it just coincidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Ejeca added EP 2018 to his events on Facebook earlier today but it has since been removed. I wonder if this is a good sign with regards to an announcement coming later this week or is it just coincidence.

I reckon Friday we'll have the announcement. Ejeca must have been lynched by the EP crowd for putting that up. I wonder do they keep an eye on this thread too.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 intothecold

I reckon Friday we'll have the announcement. Ejeca must have been lynched by the EP crowd for putting that up. I wonder do they keep an eye on this thread too.

I would think they definitely have someone watching this thread from time to time especially as it has been running for the last few years. Hopefully we will get some update from them at some stage tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

I am still yet to receive my ticket which I bought back in September, anyone in the same boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

mutley18 wrote: »
    I am still yet to receive my ticket which I bought back in September, anyone in the same boat?

Yep - haven't got mine yet nor any of my mates/family that are going

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Mine arrived last week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Mine came this morning folks. We'll get there.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

tonto123 wrote: »
    not too many skangers paying the extra dough for pink moon believe me... its the posh kids who had their tickets bought by mam and dad id imagine from my experience the last few years in pink moon...

I suppose if people dont buy their own tickets or put up their own tents, why would they feel the need to clean up after themselves. Pink moon should cash in and offer a bottom wiping service too.
    its still a massive improvemnent on reglar camping.. it absolutely is.. theres no argument.... much calmer and chilled...

Closer to the arena and less hassle getting through too I believe. The only thing that stops me getting posh camping is that its hard to get a large group to committ to it in time. Easier to just grab a spot at the back of joplin and set up a little mini circle of tents.
    y final guesses here who we all thinking????????

Im putting all my money on the Charlatans. Theyre newly back to life and are playing a festival in england in July

• Registered Users Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭Charlie

Was a Pink Moon user for 3 years. No denying it’s a handy service, but went to the Eco campsite last year as I was sick of the year in year price increases.

Wouldn’t go back now. Lovely vibe in the Eco, arguably a better location, and costs zilch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭fourmations

complete tangent here...........

are all festival foldy up chairs created equal?
    are any of them worth spending a few more quid on?
    or is it a case of get the standard issue ones as cheap as you can find it!
    i use them here and there during the year for camping etc

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Coz

are all festival foldy up chairs created equal? are any of them worth spending a few more quid on? or is it a case of get the standard issue ones as cheap as you can find it! i use them here and there during the year for camping etc

Deffo worth the extra cash. I've a Eurohike one on the go since Glasto '06.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Coz wrote: »
    Glasto '06.

?

complete tangent here...........

are all festival foldy up chairs created equal?
    are any of them worth spending a few more quid on?
    or is it a case of get the standard issue ones as cheap as you can find it!
    i use them here and there during the year for camping etc

cheers

It works two ways. The cheap ones are okay but you will be lucky to last the weekend because, if you're like me, and aging ungracefully, you need the arm to lever yourself out, and they break.. often resulting in the ironic cheers of passers by as you starfish on the ground trying not to spill your beer.
    The more expensive ones will last, but chairs are often stolen by the more undesirable patrons of the festival. So depending on where you're camping, from downtown Beirut, to Eco, to Pink Moon, and depending on your ability to get up from a chair during various stages of inebriation, adjust your chair budget accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Aldi have camping gear on sale today, the inflatable sofa could be an interesting addition...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Poorside wrote: »
    Aldi have camping gear on sale today, the inflatable sofa could be an interesting addition...

Hands off the inflatable tent, it's mine!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement