Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaffolino

Poorside wrote: »
    Aldi have camping gear on sale today, the inflatable sofa could be an interesting addition...

I'd give til Friday eve / Sat morn until it meets someone's cig butt

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

have a big assed super comfy moonchair, seriously thinking of getting something smaller for this year, it's a great chair and quite light but massive which makes carting it quite awkward.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Davysulls86

Aldi have camping gear on sale today, the inflatable sofa could be an interesting addition...

Bought a 4 man tent there last year, what a bargain! Not a drop of water came through on the Saturday night, and I know of pink moon campers that got soaked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

It works two ways. The cheap ones are okay but you will be lucky to last the weekend because, if you're like me, and aging ungracefully, you need the arm to lever yourself out, and they break.. often resulting in the ironic cheers of passers by as you starfish on the ground trying not to spill your beer.
    The more expensive ones will last, but chairs are often stolen by the more undesirable patrons of the festival. So depending on where you're camping, from downtown Beirut, to Eco, to Pink Moon, and depending on your ability to get up from a chair during various stages of inebriation, adjust your chair budget accordingly.

Happened to friends of ours at B&S last weekend in the campervan area. Very nice chairs left outside the camper, stolen between 5am and 11am. Plenty of cheap chairs nearby were left.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Bought a 4 man tent there last year, what a bargain! Not a drop of water came through on the Saturday night, and I know of pink moon campers that got soaked.

The rainbow Tipis in Pink moon are a bit of a joke, got soaked 2 years ago so went for the Podpad tipi last year, not a drop of rain got in and booked again for this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Other voices telling us how excited they are to be back in Stradbally and to watch out for their line-up 'in the next few weeks'. Ffs.

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Other voices telling us how excited they are to be back in Stradbally and to watch out for their line-up 'in the next few weeks'. Ffs.

I wonder will Booka be there ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

Camping gear half price in Home Store & More with code 064341 - apply at checkout

I wonder will Booka be there ?
    I hope so. Really enjoyed them last year. They're playing Alltogethernow so I don't know if that will have any impact on the likelihood of them being on the bill.

I hope so. Really enjoyed them last year. They're playing Alltogethernow so I don't know if that will have any impact on the likelihood of them being on the bill.

Ah they will, they’ve opened OV for the last 2/3 years now, I’ll never forget the year they marched through the forest with a huge group trailing them, it just set the scene for a brilliant weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

Yeah, no announcement about the announcement yesterday tells me there’s no announcement tomorrow. So now they’re doing second announcement in fupping July? That’s ridiculously late

PinkCamper wrote: »
    Yeah, no announcement about the announcement yesterday tells me there’s no announcement tomorrow. So now they’re doing second announcement in fupping July? That’s ridiculously late

As has already been covered, they're under no obligation to announce bands. It's sold out.

As has already been covered, they're under no obligation to announce bands. It's sold out.

Glad you cleared that up.

No obligation to inform your paying customers of what they will be receiving.

OK, all clear for me.

Thanks.

Glad you cleared that up.

No obligation to inform your paying customers of what they will be receiving.

OK, all clear for me.

Thanks.

You paid for the tickets without knowing, that's your problem.

Could they be looking to make the announcement after the actual event this year? That would be a real marketing coup.

As I said, "Thanks" ...

I had this silly idea that maybe I could be informed in ample time of whether I should keep or offload this quite expensive ticket... like in previous years.

I now understand that because it is "sold out", the organisers are under no obligation to actually show me the pig in the poke. This is new knowledge for me and I really appreciate it.

Regardless, it is almost certain that there will no exciting additions in the 2nd announcement... the Blur thing was an anomaly.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I sincerely hope they don't employ you on the customer care hotline for EP.

The poster was perfectly entitled to voice his/her frustration, shared by many on here about the lateness of the list of bands. Some of us here like to listen to the new bands that we may not have heard of in order to see if we like them and attend their set.

No need to be snarky.

As I said, "Thanks" ...

I had this silly idea that maybe I could be informed in ample time of whether I should keep or offload this quite expensive ticket... like in previous years.

I now understand that because it is "sold out", the organisers are under no obligation to actually show me the pig in the poke. This is new knowledge for me and I really appreciate it.

Regardless, it is almost certain that there will no exciting additions in the 2nd announcement... the Blur thing was an anomaly.

So stop bitching and moaning about it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

The issue is that they have not finalised who is to be announced yet, they have not got the contracts signed so they cannot release the information just yet!

:):)

So stop bitching and moaning about it

Actually I wasn't .. am just trolling you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

The issue is that they have not finalised who is to be announced yet

I really doubt that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

maximoose wrote: »
    I really doubt that

Really? Ok. The is a particular act holding up the process.

Actually I wasn't .. am just trolling you.

I was bitching and moaning about it (and that’s a stretch if you read my OP) and I have every right to be annoyed by this ridiculously late announcement. Sold out or not sold out. This is looking like the latest second announcement ever, anc if I wanna grumble I will grumble.

ETA didn’t mean to quote you PabloandRoy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

I'm going to assume this is sarcasm and a dig at EP for leaving it ridiculously late to announce some more names. That's the only reasonable explanation

And another thing *points finger* - some of us are just really really really f*cking excited. Especially those of us who have kids, jobs, zero craic lives most of the year. We have just run out of patience

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

You are absolutely correct. However, they are operating in an increasingly competitive market. Many people have expressed disatisfaction that the communication is unnecessarily poor, that the line up is poor, that ATN would offer a better alternative next year.

The sell out was later this year than last year. I suspect next year it is later again. They make money from an earlier sellout.

They dont need to announce, but they would be wise to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

You are absolutely correct. However, they are operating in an increasingly competitive market. Many people have expressed disatisfaction that the communication is unnecessarily poor, that the line up is poor, that ATN would offer a better alternative next year.

The sell out was later this year than last year. I suspect next year it is later again. They make money from an earlier sellout.

They dont need to announce, but they would be wise to.

I won’t be buying my ticket early next year. Will wait til the full line up and then make my decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Easy Rod wrote: »
    I won’t be buying my ticket early next year. Will wait til the full line up and then make my decision.

And it's sad that EP has become that way, it used to be a festival where a quality level was guaranteed but now....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Finally got the tickets in the post this morning. Sold them today on adverts. Can't be ****ed waiting around this long for an announcement. Ridiculous carry on. Gonna go to ATN. Better time of year, less days off needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Like children at Christmas some of yiz, would ye relax ffs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement