Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

At least at Christmas, you've a fair idea what's coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Like children at Christmas some of yiz, would ye relax ffs.

Give over, they're long overdue an announcement at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

If i dont get to see any bands its my weekend to go off with the lads...few cans, few smokes, and a bit of craic...the music is second place for me and has been for the last 7 yrs going...adults playground for the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Easy Rod wrote: »
    I won’t be buying my ticket early next year. Will wait til the full line up and then make my decision.

I’ll still buy early, early bird and loyalty makes its about €160, that’s brilliant value no matter how many of the headliners you like.

Is it too early to start looking for beer deals?

Hop house in cans has made me a happy camper, just need to suss out the beer to cider ratio that I’ll need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

Poorside wrote:
    Hop house in cans has made me a happy camper, just need to suss out the beer to cider ratio that I’ll need.

24 of each usually does me

• Subscribers Posts: 41,634 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Loving the gorilliaz new tune !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭A.Gorilla

Tickets came today...I can't feckin wait for it now...regardless of announcements I'll have a brilliant weekend as always!

jimmy180sx wrote: »
    24 of each usually does me

Normally bring 36 cider and a few random beers, thinking cider is just really for breakfast this year.

A.Gorilla wrote: »
    Tickets came today...I can't feckin wait for it now...regardless of announcements I'll have a brilliant weekend as always!

Exactly, best bit of craic last year was at Kila who I didn’t even realise were playing until I came out of either The Touts or Fangclub, you make what you want of the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,634 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Poorside wrote: »
    Exactly, best bit of craic last year was at Kila who I didn’t even realise were playing until I came out of either The Touts or Fangclub, you make what you want of the weekend.

Best craic of last year for us was Jinx lennon who played after these charming men in salt dog.... Madcap, weird, unique and hilarious

Best craic of last year was Aaron Lee Tasjean. Funny fecker.

Stillill42 wrote: »

Really wanted to see him, god knows where I was though.

Really wanted to see him, god knows where I was though.
    You were probably at Kila. I think I saw him just after Touts.

You were probably at Kila. I think I saw him just after Touts.

They were a ball of energy, if anyone is going to take the Undertones mantle it’s those boys.

Just checked last years clashfinder, touts played on the Saturday, A.L.T played at 1 on the Sunday, Fangclub overlapped with Kila.
    So I was probably stuck in Casa Bacardi paying well over the odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Aldi have camping gear on sale today, the inflatable sofa could be an interesting addition...

Had one last year. Quality

Mr.S wrote: »
    Argos usually have decent gear in the run up to EP, I’m a big fan of their 2 man pop up tent - super cheap and quite roomy!

Also the 20 second setup makes it all worth it.

Do you not get wet when it rains ?

As I said, "Thanks" ...

I had this silly idea that maybe I could be informed in ample time of whether I should keep or offload this quite expensive ticket... like in previous years.

I now understand that because it is "sold out", the organisers are under no obligation to actually show me the pig in the poke. This is new knowledge for me and I really appreciate it.

Regardless, it is almost certain that there will no exciting additions in the 2nd announcement... the Blur thing was an anomaly.

Depeche mode anyone?

And it's sad that EP has become that way, it used to be a festival where a quality level was guaranteed but now....

It was when pod had it. Lost its spark when melvin benn et al took over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Just checked last years clashfinder, touts played on the Saturday, A.L.T played at 1 on the Sunday, Fangclub overlapped with Kila.
    So I was probably stuck in Casa Bacardi paying well over the odds.

ALT is a funny f***er on Twitter. New album out soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭the_gommes

Is it too early to start looking for beer deals?

I’ve already started stockpiling. In my old age I’ve become accustomed to sour craft beers so I’m stashing a few away every time I see a few at a reasonable price. Just have to stop dipping into the stash now!

Heading to Celtronic festival in Derry tomorrow night so I’ll try to stock up on a few cheap tins when I’m in that far.

It’s embarrassing how excited I get for this festival, the preparations get earlier every year.

the_gommes wrote: »
    I’ve already started stockpiling. In my old age I’ve become accustomed to sour craft beers so I’m stashing a few away every time I see a few at a reasonable price. Just have to stop dipping into the stash now!

Heading to Celtronic festival in Derry tomorrow night so I’ll try to stock up on a few cheap tins when I’m in that far.

It’s embarrassing how excited I get for this festival, the preparations get earlier every year.

Love a good sour, still can’t beat Kreik though.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭the_gommes

Love a good sour, still can’t beat Kreik though.

Kriek also holds a special place in my heart, but I don’t think I could stick on them for a full weekend. Citrus-y sours below 4% will do me just fine for a weekends supping, with a few pale ales thrown in to stop the taste buds getting overloaded altogether. A nice kriek could be an option for breakfast beer though...

Really getting my hopes up for Paul Weller, he’s playing a festival in the U.K. that weekend so hopefully he pop over to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Paul Weller - YES PLEASE - Depeche Mode - YES PLEASE - any type of Announcement - even to say we're due an Announcement - YES PLEASE!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Depeche Mode would be a headliner so very very unlikely to be added now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Mr.S wrote: »
    No they’re surprisingly waterproof considering the price, I’ve never had one leak.

I've had multiple cheapo tents and never had one leak. Even with the torrential downpour on the Saturday last year, my 15 euro job from HomeStore was grand.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

I've had multiple cheapo tents and never had one leak. Even with the torrential downpour on the Saturday last year, my 15 euro job from HomeStore was grand.

Leaks are one problem, but if it is a single skin tent some of the moisture will permeate the outer skin and enter the tent. A two skin tent usually solves this. Something like this:

https://www.halfords.ie/camping-leisure/camping/tents/halfords-4-man-double-skin-tent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

There has to be something today.. Otherwise we're into July next week, never been this late has it!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement