Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

eplady2017 wrote: »
    There has to be something today.. Otherwise we're into July next week, never been this late has it!!!

Really hope we get the Just eat retreat announcement today

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Poorside wrote: »
    Really hope we get the Just eat retreat announcement today

Fingers crossed.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

Isaac Waddington???? announced he is playing also I read on here Ejeca also self announced hopefully that means something is coming today or next week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

haitens wrote: »
    Isaac Waddington???? announced he is playing also I read on here Ejeca also self announced hopefully that means something is coming today or next week

is-this-it-is-this-what-its-all-about.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Leaks are one problem, but if it is a single skin tent some of the moisture will permeate the outer skin and enter the tent. A two skin tent usually solves this. Something like this:

https://www.halfords.ie/camping-leisure/camping/tents/halfords-4-man-double-skin-tent

Meh, again, never happened me. The only issue I've ever had is the condensation from my sweat, beer fumes and damp clothes accumulating on the inside roof of the tent and dripping down onto me as I try in vain to get some sleep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭roll

................tumbleweed.............. it's like everyone has just given up hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 retrofest

Jesus...still no announcement , second announcement in July is madness , with Isaac Waddington and Ejeca self announcing does mean there is more acts to be named , wonder why so late

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

retrofest wrote: »
    Jesus...still no announcement , second announcement in July is madness , with Isaac Waddington and Ejeca self announcing does mean there is more acts to be named , wonder why so late

To be fair to EP we have most of the major acts announced and we’ll likely get many more in the next fortnight. I’m frustrated with the delay also but it’s likely contractual stuff rather than them taking the mickey. Hopefully the delay is a sign of good things to come.

And Glasto for example alway announces late. Last year’s main one was less than 3 months before the fest with many major acts disclosed 4 weeks before. We’ll be grand lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Stop talking sensibly please, this thread is for hand wringing and won't someone please think of the children-ing only.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Leaks are one problem, but if it is a single skin tent some of the moisture will permeate the outer skin and enter the tent. A two skin tent usually solves this. Something like this:

https://www.halfords.ie/camping-leisure/camping/tents/halfords-4-man-double-skin-tent

Talking about leaks I wish someone would leak some names playing the bill :D

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

9 weeks from today, we’ll probably start getting overwhelmed with stuff from next week on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Isaac Waddington was on Britain's got talent. It's been an underwhelming Friday, I'm not going to lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Isaac Waddington was on Britain's got talent. It's been an underwhelming Friday, I'm not going to lie.

Disappointing.. Was sure we'd have some names but then I thought that last Friday too..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

As I said before, others are perfectly entitled to be p1ssed off about the lack of announcement, or even the lack of an announcement about an announcement. It's not hand wringing. If you've been going for 10 odd years like I have, the patience is starting to wear thin as they get later and later.
    That's why i mentioned many pages ago that I'm starting to eye up a european festival as a change. Earlier on in the year, probability of good weather etc.

Its okay to criticise and still like the festival in general ya know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

everlast75 wrote: »
    As I said before, others are perfectly entitled to be p1ssed off about the lack of announcement, or even the lack of an announcement about an announcement. It's not hand wringing. If you've been going for 10 odd years like I have, the patience is starting to wear thin as they get later and later.
    That's why i mentioned many pages ago that I'm starting to eye up a european festival as a change. Earlier on in the year, probability of good weather etc.

This.

If some posters had their way a thread on a discussion board would be an echo chamber of how great every single aspect of EP is. Even the Body and Soul thread has people who love it being critical of certain aspects of the festival.

everlast75 wrote: »

Looking at doing a bit of a festival circuit next year, but EP will always be the go to,
    Sitting out my back now, bag of cans in the fridge and listening to Tame Impala, memories of ‘Let it Happen’ are just brilliant.

This.

If some posters had their way a thread on a discussion board would be an echo chamber of how great every single aspect of EP is. Even the Body and Soul thread has people who love it being critical of certain aspects of the festival.

Ah no, not fair I don't think. Most of us are quite happy to criticise EP here but it's also acceptable to defend them in the face of possible over-criticism. The delay in announcing more acts is frustrating but we have another two months before the festival which is sufficient time to check out new stuff. There must be contractual stuff going on as FR don't want to alienate loyal attendees. One random suggestion is that The The could be announced after their gig at Iveagh Gardens tomorrow week. Their tour stops then but recommences the Monday after EP and includes Festival No 6 the week after. A perfect fit and a possibility I think? There could be other or similar stuff going on.

And Lotus Flower I really dislike E-Lites, Cocktail Cocktail, Just Eat and a few more. EP could be better. But as it is it's pretty damn fine.

Enjoy the sunshine everyone. Nine weeks to go.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Ah no, not fair I don't think. Most of us are quite happy to criticise EP here but it's also acceptable to defend them in the face of possible over-criticism. The delay in announcing more acts is frustrating but we have another two months before the festival which is sufficient time to check out new stuff. There must be contractual stuff going on as FR don't want to alienate loyal attendees. One random suggestion is that The The could be announced after their gig at Iveagh Gardens tomorrow week. Their tour stops then but recommences the Monday after EP and includes Festival No 6 the week after. A perfect fit and a possibility I think? There could be other or similar stuff going on.

And Lotus Flower I really dislike E-Lites, Cocktail Cocktail, Just Eat and a few more. EP could be better. But as it is it's pretty damn fine.

Enjoy the sunshine everyone. Nine weeks to go.

Absolutely, I was referring to the posters who say things like "hand wringing" and "won't somebody think of the kids" and "it's sold out so they're under no obligation to announce bands", "You paid for the tickets without knowing, that's your problem" The posters who get snarky at others for daring to discuss something on a message board.

Good shout on The The, are you heading to the Iveagh Gardens gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Absolutely, I was referring to the posters who say things like "hand wringing" and "won't somebody think of the kids" and "it's sold out so they're under no obligation to announce bands", "You paid for the tickets without knowing, that's your problem" The posters who get snarky at others for daring to discuss something on a message board.

If this is the case could they not just leave The The until the final announcement in August?

Yeah, you're spot on regarding that.

And yes, off to the Iveagh gig. Been wanting to see them for three decades and would be delighted to see them twice in two months.

• Advertisement

If this is the case could they not just leave The The until the final announcement in August?

They could, and it's only a guess on my part, but if it happens The The would likely be the biggest act in the second announcement and at this stage they need to disclose something decent.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Yeah, you're spot on regarding that.

And yes, off to the Iveagh gig. Been wanting to see them for three decades and would be delighted to see them twice in two months.

Class, will hopefully go myself, will depend on how funds are!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I've got my tickets for the Iveagh Gardens too. If they were a surprise inclusion on the next announcement, I'd love to see Johnny Marr in there too. His tour starts just after the Picnic and It'd be great to see them up on stage together.

The absence of actual news does leave room for those sorts of flights of fancy.

Stillill42 wrote: »
    I've got my tickets for the Iveagh Gardens too. If they were a surprise inclusion on the next announcement, I'd love to see Johnny Marr in there too. His tour starts just after the Picnic and It'd be great to see them up on stage together.

The absence of actual news does leave room for those sorts of flights of fancy.

Johnny Marr turns up as a guest appearance with These charming men!! I’d be kicking everyone, not just teenagers.

Poorside wrote: »
    Johnny Marr turns up as a guest appearance with These charming men!! I’d be kicking everyone, not just teenagers.

This whole kicking teenagers thing is getting older than you guys ;)

'I take it all back' - 30 yr old that also wants to kick younger people.

:)

That’s it, you’re getting a kicking, once I take my pills and rub in my cream.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

We're not getting snarky over people discussing things. If that's what you think is happening you probably need to grow up a small bit. We're laughing at the endless bitching about the lack of news as if it's some huge breach of trust on the part of the organisers and has the potential to ruin the festival. It's a complete overreaction. Have patience, stop thinking about it all of the time and allow yourself to be pleasantly surprised when it does happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Davysulls86

BadTurtle wrote: »
    We're not getting snarky over people discussing things. If that's what you think is happening you probably need to grow up a small bit. We're laughing at the endless bitching about the lack of news as if it's some huge breach of trust on the part of the organisers and has the potential to ruin the festival. It's a complete overreaction. Have patience, stop thinking about it all of the time and allow yourself to be pleasantly surprised when it does happen.

Exactly, bitching about it to us is going to change nothing.

• Advertisement

BadTurtle wrote: »

You do realise that not everyone thinks the same as you? While it's perfectly fine for you to go with the flow, others actually want to know what they're signing up for. Both are reasonable stances, neither are wrong and those who think differently to you should not be accused of hand wringing or whatever

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement