Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Remember the old days, pre-heatwave, when we all used get along? Damn heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Anyone see James play Rock in Rio Friday night?
    Despite some tech issues with sound they were really good. Would love to see them added.

They play Electric Fields the night before EP starts so a good possibility.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Remember the old days, pre-heatwave, when we all used get along? Damn heat.

Speaking of it being hot in the city, how brilliant would it be if Billy Idol was on the next announcement?

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Coz

Speaking of it being hot in the city, how brilliant would it be if Billy Idol was on the next announcement?

Although at this stage it might be an old man singing Billy Idol songs...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Coz wrote: »
    Although at this stage it might be an old man singing Billy Idol songs...

The guy who left Duran Duran disgusted that Simon le Bon didn't sound like an out of shape old man would love this :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭patch

Billy Idol was on some show recently. He sounds good still and looks pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Hopefully they just spring the announcement on us tomorrow.. No heads up, catch us off guard..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

eplady2017 wrote: »
    Hopefully they just spring the announcement on us tomorrow.. No heads up, catch us off guard..

A Ninja announcement, I like it.
    Be better if they did it at 4:11am.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,634 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

N. W. A. reunion

You heard it here first

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

patch wrote: »
    Billy Idol was on some show recently. He sounds good still and looks pretty good.

Played vicar st a few years back, very good fun live

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

I'm liking blossoms at trnsmt in glasgow. I fully expect Gerry Cinnamon to be announced. What a crowd he pulled yesterday. Bigger than LG starting off.
    With longitude friday week,100%we get an announcement this week

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Coz

patch wrote:

I'm absolutely delighted to stand corrected!!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

the beginning of another week , hopefully today is the day.. now im a family man its not easy living for the one proper session il get all summer.. cant wait for an announcement to get excited and get listening to some music that will be on show :) any more guesses or are we all totally at a loss for more names guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 retrofest

declanleo wrote: »
    I'm liking blossoms at trnsmt in glasgow. I fully expect Gerry Cinnamon to be announced. What a crowd he pulled yesterday. Bigger than LG starting off.
    With longitude friday week,100%we get an announcement this week

I think Blossoms will be announced , touring basically all of Europe in October and no sign of an irish date anywhere. Would be a great addition. In terms of Gerry Cinnamon he played here in June but would also love him at EP , lets hope :)

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

tonto123 wrote: »
    the beginning of another week , hopefully today is the day.. now im a family man its not easy living for the one proper session il get all summer.. cant wait for an announcement to get excited and get listening to some music that will be on show :) any more guesses or are we all totally at a loss for more names guys?

I'm still putting my money on A-HA..

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Davydeath

George Fitzgerald playing UK live dates in around EP. great recent album. here's hoping we know more this week anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Wooderson

They need to get King Gizz down.

Snarky Snark Snark

Any weekend tickets going, please PM me

you've been round long enough to know to go to toutless, we'll have no selling in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,559 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

It's getting to the point where I have no excitement for the next announcement.. Not many appealing names being thrown around and it's hard to guess who will be in the next announcement. Surely they could do with a few sub headliners anyway, it would make sense I guess if it was someone who has recently had a gig in Ireland hence the delayed announcement. Me must be close to getting an announcement every week now, only what 8 weeks to go and we are expecting Main Arena announcements (x2), Casa Bacardi, Other Voices, Body & Soul, Anachronica, Hazel Wood, Comedy, Jerry Fish, Trailer Park.. That is more than one a week at this rate. I reckon Casa Bacardi will be next to announce.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I can’t believe there’s still nothing

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Main Arena announcements (x2), Casa Bacardi, Other Voices, Body & Soul, Anachronica, Hazel Wood, Comedy, Jerry Fish, Trailer Park.. That is more than one a week at this rate. I reckon Casa Bacardi will be next to announce.

Maybe the big reveal is that they have reduced it to one stage with 13 acts a day on it. Or that the 40 odd bands announced to date are it and they are each playing 4 hour monster sessions on the 10 odd stages!

Kendrick Lamar noon till 4pm on the saturday. Garbage to close etc

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Hard to know why there's no 2nd main stage announcement unless they have decided to just make one more large announcement. IIRC there used to be 4 main announcements which was then reduced to 3 in recent years. Maybe it's going to be just 2 this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

My guess is they must have something quite special for the next announcement if they have been delaying it this long, perhaps Roger Waters ha ha.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Snarky Snark Snark

Waters would be unlikely but epic and the dates fit, after last week, I’d merrily watch that show again.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

My guess is they must have something quite special for the next announcement if they have been delaying it this long, perhaps Roger Waters ha ha.

Absolutely no chance. We can only dream of someone this calibre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Lads, we will get our announcement as soon as Thom Yorke says its ok.

Snarky Snark Snark

declanleo wrote: »
    Absolutely no chance. We can only dream of someone this calibre.

We have mr lemur. That is very much in that ballpark

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Is Waters playing any festivals on this tour or just stand alone gigs?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Davysulls86

Is Waters playing any festivals on this tour or just stand alone gigs?

He's playing Electric Picnic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

His gig in the 3arena was epic

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement