Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

Festival Republic face a big backlash over Finsbury Park gigs in London. Huge queues for the bar, toilets, water, and problems exiting the venue. They are facing a fair bit of criticism at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Zero chance of them playing but anyine listening to the Rolling Blackouts C.F album Hope Downs?

Bloody brilliant. Would be right up some streets on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yep, would be a good addition. Caught a bit of them at Prima and they were great, playing Whelan's next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

haitens wrote: »
    Festival Republic face a big backlash over Finsbury Park gigs in London. Huge queues for the bar, toilets, water, and problems exiting the venue. They are facing a fair bit of criticism at the moment.

With the amount of experience they have, it’s surprising they’d mess up.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,750 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Roger Waters

In this weather? How irresponsible!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭davew121

Jesus this announcement better be worth the wait hoping there will be a few Irish bands back this year Bellx1 hermitage green and king kong company who blew me away last year thanks to the recommendations here...

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

I'm starting to think it's going to be a very significant announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Davysulls86

Won't apply to EP. It's the same layout it's been for years and it works exceptionally well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Won't apply to EP. It's the same layout it's been for years and it works exceptionally well.

Not sure I'd agree with that!

Massive Q's to get through security regularly and big Q's for the bars.

The bars dont bother me too much, but the Q to get into the arena really annoys me, especially when you want to drop in and out to salty dog etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭roll

the Q to get into the arena really annoys me, especially when you want to drop in and out to salty dog etc.

Bang on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I'm starting to think it's going to be a very significant announcement.

fLpkxfr.jpg

Not sure I'd agree with that!

Massive Q's to get thorough security regularly and big Q's for the bars.

The bars dont bother me too much, but the Q to get into the arena really annoys me, especially when you want to drop in and out to salty dog etc.

Can't say that's ever been a huge issue for me, but there are other entrances. Also the bars have never been a problem, except maybe casa Bacardi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Never had a problem with the bars, 5 mins is the most I’ve ever been waiting.

Poorside wrote: »
    Never had a problem with the bars, 5 mins is the most I’ve ever been waiting.

If that. I find it best to send the Mrs and then you don't wait at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

fLpkxfr.jpg

We'll know soon enough. I still reckon Bjork and Prodigy are very likely. Maybe even another headline act.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Bjork and Prodigy would both be headline acts in the context of EP. You are not getting 3 headliners in a second announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,750 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

You are not getting 3 headliners in a second announcement.

I'd be happy with just ANY second announcement at this stage :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Bjork and Prodigy would both be headline acts in the context of EP. You are not getting 3 headliners in a second announcement.

Careful now. This is the type of post that could spark a "NERD ARE NOT MY HEADLINERS" meltdown. :p

Will be interesting to see who is announced from here.

I reckon they should have been teasing out the smaller stage ones if they're not doing a big main announcement over the last few weeks. I know Trenchtown is out there but they could have done food, comedy, etc and that way you don't end up with a few massive dumps and some acts potentially being lost in the midst of it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

Yeah never had a problem with the bars at EP and the layout for the most part works very well. Which made it surprising hearing about the problems with Finsbury Park gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

We'll know soon enough. I still reckon Bjork and Prodigy are very likely. Maybe even another headline act.

Way to not get carried away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Yeah never had a problem with the bars at EP and the layout for the most part works very well. Which made it surprising hearing about the problems with Finsbury Park gigs.

the bar company put out a statement, large numbers of volunteers didn't turn up on the Saturday, leading to large queues at the bars.
    layout problems too, but that seems to have been a big one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Careful now. This is the type of post that could spark a "NERD ARE NOT MY HEADLINERS" meltdown. :p

Will be interesting to see who is announced from here.

I reckon they should have been teasing out the smaller stage ones if they're not doing a big main announcement over the last few weeks. I know Trenchtown is out there but they could have done food, comedy, etc and that way you don't end up with a few massive dumps and some acts potentially being lost in the midst of it all.
    did they not do the food one already? thought I remember Rosanna Davison, or someone of that ilk, being announced?

e: https://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/theatre-food-announces-delectable-2018-line

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

Felix da Houscat , Joey Negro and Camelphat are the Headliners for Casa Bacardi

• Registered Users Posts: 5,559 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Graham1978 wrote: »

Where did you see that? Usually enjoy the Casa Bacardi stage but wouldn't be rushing to see any of them apart from maybe Joey Negro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

did they not do the food one already? thought I remember Rosanna Davison, or someone of that ilk, being announced?

e: https://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/theatre-food-announces-delectable-2018-line

My bad! Missed that one.

Graham1978 wrote: »

Where did you see that? Usually enjoy the Casa Bacardi stage but wouldn't be rushing to see any of them apart from maybe Joey Negro.
    Four Four on Facebook put it up there a while ago. Felix is decent enough, seen him a few times. Negro will be class ....

Electric Picnic have announced their bespoke Casa Bacardi Line Up, with an impressive array of artists due to take to the stage over the iconic weekender in Stradbally House.
    The stage will see artists like Joey Negro, Felix Da Housecat and CamelPhat to name but a few take to the decks with hard hitting festival acts and DJs Nialler9, CiCi and Boots & Kats supporting throughout the weekend.
    AM8I3422-1024x719.jpg
    Percussive and tribal house DJ, Melé, headlines the opening night of CASA BACARDÍ on Friday, August 31. Saturday’s line-up will see Felix Da Housecat headlining, renowned for his an eclectic mix of sounds from resolute acid and techno warrior, to avant-garde electro and disco.
    Guaranteeing dance-floor dominance and capping off the CASA BACARDÍ line up on Sunday evening is disco and house master, Joey Negro, entertaining the Stradbally crowd with his rare disco cuts and classic house and deep cuts.
    Find out more about the line up here.
    Share this:

• Subscribers Posts: 41,634 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Joey Negro !!!! dancing shoes on, oh baby !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Oh thanks be to Christ we got something
    Delighted with joey negro.

Although at the risk of being extremely negative... I don’t like the Bacardí bar area.

Peaks and troughs I guess

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement