Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

We wouldn’t normally get the Bacardí bar announcement before the second main announcement would we????

Always thought Bacardí one was later?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,559 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I think it usually comes around the start of July, but usually we have the second announcement by now!

• Subscribers Posts: 41,634 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Rfrip wrote: »
    We wouldn’t normally get the Bacardí bar announcement before the second main announcement would we????

Always thought Bacardí one was later?

24th July last year

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Davysulls86

That has to be a leak, there's nothing on any of the EP social pages. I'm not complaining.
    As for Casa Bacardi as a stage, i only hit it for a mojito or 6 on the Friday afternoon, but each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

not great, didn't Joey Negro headline it a couple of years ago? Felix Da Housecat played a few years ago too, and Mele isn't exactly worth getting too excited about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 roly123

Would we get another headliner if on EP’s Twitter it states that K.Lamar, Massive Attack and NERD are the headliners?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

roly123 wrote: »
    Would we get another headliner if on EP’s Twitter it states that K.Lamar, Massive Attack and NERD are the headliners?

it's happened before that large'ish names were announced later on

While not impossible, if anyone is expecting another headliner they are setting themselves up for a disappointment. Personally I think the best we will get is maybe two acts in between NERD/Massive Attack and Dua Lipa/Ben Howard level.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Just scanned the Efestivals forum and there doesn't seem to be any announcements at the moment for Late August festivals, it seems that Pukkelpop is using the same tactics as EP at the moment with folks waiting for an announcement for a month and a half now. Yay! to Bacardi stage though it can be good at times, especially on Sunday after the reggae act on the main stage and usually Kelly-Anne Byrne on the decks. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭fourmations

Just scanned the Efestivals forum and there doesn't seem to be any announcements at the moment for Late August festivals, it seems that Pukkelpop is using the same tactics as EP at the moment with folks waiting for an announcement for a month and a half now. Yay! to Bacardi stage though it can be good at times, especially on Sunday after the reggae act on the main stage and usually Kelly-Anne Byrne on the decks. :)

love K-A B! she'll do a set in Heineken as well no doubt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Felix is a decent addition, I'll seek him out if there's no clash with the three headliners.

Mr.S wrote: »
    I wouldn’t say it works exceptionally well, security from the campsites into the arena are a mess at peak times. I wish they’d get rid of the security checks and have an open festival.

Bars are a bit of a nightmare too.

That won't happen as long as Heineken are sponsoring it, beer is money

• Registered Users Posts: 12,824 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Mr.S wrote: »
    I wouldn’t say it works exceptionally well, security from the campsites into the arena are a mess at peak times. I wish they’d get rid of the security checks and have an open festival.

Its the main reason I don't go anymore. Got bored of it after 2 festivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

The Nal wrote: »

Is it really that big of a deal for you? I've gone 6 of the last 7 years and never once found it even a little annoying.

The Nal wrote: »

I take it you don't travel by air so

official now, all the usual names, very lazy lineup....

https://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/casa-bacardi-line-electric-picnic-2018-announced

36659422_10156581696824168_5747586314237116416_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=2f855d3a9d4e45292ed47d4fad29af45&oe=5BDECCE4

• Registered Users Posts: 12,824 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

BigMo1 wrote: »
    Is it really that big of a deal for you? I've gone 6 of the last 7 years and never once found it even a little annoying.

Yeah. Getting searched a couple of times a day and being forced to drink piss from the bars is a bummer. That stuff really puts me off. I'm not a child.

I think after a couple of visits to Glastonbury, EP just became a slog and a bit annoying for me. Very Irish. They just can't quite get it right.

I've missed a shítload of great gigs I have to say, and some great festivals there too, but I've no interest at all to ever go again.

I’m happy enough with this tbh.

Disappointing enough.. They have even left out some of the usual Irish djs that are enjoyable like Mother, Get Down Edits, Billy Scurry, Mix + Fairbanks.. What is the story with A Skillz and Krafty Kuts playing every year. Bleeding terrible.

Disappointing enough.. They have even left out some of the usual Irish djs that are enjoyable like Mother, Get Down Edits, Billy Scurry, Mix + Fairbanks.. What is the story with A Skillz and Krafty Kuts playing every year. Bleeding terrible.

I read that and went oh another year I don’t go see A Skillz!! Yeah agree with you on the Irish djs, mother djs Ruth and ghostboy are brilliant. First time seeing get down edits in Jerry fish last year, always seem to miss them. They were unreal.

No doubt they will be announced in other areas over the wkend.

• Advertisement

Just happy to have an announcement. Hopefully gets things rolling with more regular announcements from now on...including the elusive 2nd main announcement...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Mother DJs tend to play the B&S stages like the Earthship.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Mother DJs tend to play the B&S stages like the Earthship.

And Heineken!

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

That CASA line-up is on a par with most years, the line-up is always fairly generic as Bacardi have a very specific sound they want associated with the brand. Always a great place to drop into for a half hour between gigs and have a rum.

That CASA line-up is on a par with most years, the line-up is always fairly generic as Bacardi have a very specific sound they want associated with the brand. Always a great place to drop into for a half hour between gigs and have a rum.

It’s somewhere I never seem to go to after six or seven in the evening, and anytime I’m passing it then it’s jammers!

Getting that announcement there today has generated some long wanted excitement for the festival from me anyway...I was loosing the will... we need more and fast!! I’m not expecting big from the second announcement but I’m looking forward to posters thoughts here on acts and recommendations as that really is the essence of the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

I think we might get a 2nd announcement later in the week. Whether that's a main announcement, hazel wood, other voices etc is anyone's guess

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Was thinking the same myself regarding a skillz and KK. Mother djs play in b&s.

Other that that, meh to that announcement

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

Funny it was up on facebook hours before official announcement. Either way it gets the ball rolling and us lot talking. In all the years I've been going to EP I've never set foot in Casa Bacardi. Walked into Heineiken Atlas a few times.(rarely a queue at the bar). Is it worth going in for a few cocktails to kill some free time?

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Nice to have an announcement.. Casa Bacardi is somewhere I don't really go but it always looks like its hopping. Hopefully it means 2nd main announcement soon...

• Advertisement

haitens wrote: »
    Funny it was up on facebook hours before official announcement. Either way it gets the ball rolling and us lot talking. In all the years I've been going to EP I've never set foot in Casa Bacardi. Walked into Heineiken Atlas a few times.(rarely a queue at the bar). Is it worth going in for a few cocktails to kill some free time?

no, you'll spend more time queueing while the barmen fanny around throwing bottles in the air and thinking they're mixology artistes, than actually drinking the measly full-of-ice drinks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement