Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Checked my Spam folder earlier, and the Pink Moon 2nd installment reminder had gone there.

2nd payment to be now paid 6 weeks in advanced, compared to the 4 weeks of previous years. A bit ball breaking not having that additional couple of weeks after holidays.

Struggling to find the good in EP2018 at all this year....very odd feeling

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

LowOdour wrote: »
    Checked my Spam folder earlier, and the Pink Moon 2nd installment reminder had gone there.

2nd payment to be now paid 6 weeks in advanced, compared to the 4 weeks of previous years. A bit ball breaking not having that additional couple of weeks after holidays.

Only for I seen this ..... so it’s due by the the 20th of July ?
    I was expecting 4 weeks 👹👹👹

• Registered Users Posts: 22 roly123

What’s the security for car parks like generally? Anyone ever have any problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Davysulls86

roly123 wrote: »
    What’s the security for car parks like generally? Anyone ever have any problems?

Never once, but then I leave my car open in the hopes someone will steal it... Dont leave anything of worth there and you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

13 picnics,no issues for me or the group we'd go with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

LowOdour wrote: »

When you booked it there was a note saying final payment was 6 weeks before the festival. I have the email from when I booked last September and it says 2nd payment 6 weeks beforehand

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

We and a few others around us got broken into last year. Don't think anybody had anything very valuable taken but they made a bit of a mess. i think it was the green car park? the one nearest Pink Moon.

On a side note, we got a flat battery and had to wait ages on Monday morning for somebody to come to get us going. we were told they were fully occupied in the red car park. In the end two young ladies stopped and helped us out so i don't know when or if the official help came.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

parking there years and never had a problem but have heard the horror stories but i would have no problem parking there again this year...its a risk u take parking in any public space where there will be drunk people i suppose.. casa bacardi no one there to get me excited.. joey negro was only there 2 yeasrs ago and seen felix many times back in the 2000s so not hopping out of my skin with line up.. thaught kelly anne byrne was really disapointing at b and s last year.. lot of shapes but couldnt get the crowd going at all .. but listen its another stage line up, up and running so thats good.. still itching for second main announcement... anyone think it will be this week??

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

Thanks for that I will avoid if I'm full up on beer I head for the small cocktail bar in body and soul. It's beside The Haunt. Casa Bacardi always looks like good craic from a distance. Think I'll keep it that way.
    no, you'll spend more time queueing while the barmen fanny around throwing bottles in the air and thinking they're mixology artistes, than actually drinking the measly full-of-ice drinks.

It's gotta be this week......but that's what I said last week

tonto123 wrote: »
    parking there years and never had a problem but have heard the horror stories but i would have no problem parking there again this year...its a risk u take parking in any public space where there will be drunk people i suppose.. casa bacardi no one there to get me excited.. joey negro was only there 2 yeasrs ago and seen felix many times back in the 2000s so not hopping out of my skin with line up.. thaught kelly anne byrne was really disapointing at b and s last year.. lot of shapes but couldnt get the crowd going at all .. but listen its another stage line up, up and running so thats good.. still itching for second main announcement... anyone think it will be this week??

• Advertisement

Never had any problems neither has anyone I've been down there with. But I've heard a few horror stories in work, cars being scratched mirrors kicked off. Basically it's a lottery same with the campsite and tents being robbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

Not sure if it was KAB but we went to see Mother DJs on earth ship stage on the Sunday night last year (after always reading here how brill they were and being too tired every other year). And we were a little disappointed. Carried on to King Kong Company at the salty dog and revived the mood.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Updated for yesterday's announcement

Stage|Date17|Date 18
    Other Voices 1|May 3
    Trench 1|May 11|June 12
    Food|May 17|May 29
    Transmission|May 19
    Main Stage 2|June 23
    Anachronica|July 12
    Casa Bacardi|July 18|July 3
    Hazel Wood|July 20
    Body & Soul|July 27
    Other Voices2|July 31
    Comedy|Aug 2
    Electric Ire|Aug 8
    Salty Dog|Aug 9
    Jerry Fish|Aug 10
    Mindfield|Aug 11
    Trailer Park|Aug 17
    Main Stage 3|Aug 17

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Updated for yesterday's announcement

Stage|Date17|Date 18
    Other Voices 1|May 3
    Trench 1|May 11|June 12
    Food|May 17|May 29
    Transmission|May 19
    Main Stage 2|June 23
    Anachronica|July 12
    Casa Bacardi|July 18|July 3
    Hazel Wood|July 20
    Body & Soul|July 27
    Other Voices2|July 31
    Comedy|Aug 2
    Electric Ire|Aug 8
    Jerry Fish|Aug 10
    Trailer Park|Aug 17
    Main Stage 3|Aug 17

That's slightly depressing...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

eplady2017 wrote: »
    That's slightly depressing...:mad:

Isn’t it!! This is why we are getting withered here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

They’ll have to go 2 a week from here on in, unless they just give one big one on the Friday morning of EP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

For a real surprise, they should announce it the Monday AFTER the festival.

"Here's who you could have seen..."

Wonder what the hold up is? Doubt its just contract small print surely they have everything signed by now? PUTS TINFOIL HAT ON maybe trying to over shadow ATN by announcing acts when they are ramping up publicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I'd wonder if someone pulled out and left them hanging

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

That must be a possibility, but it wouldn’t explain the lack of non-main stage annnouncements. Is there an act playing this month who are holding things up or are they going to have a splurge of announcements in the run up to ATN?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Seathrun66 wrote: »

That must be a possibility, but it wouldn’t explain the lack of non-main stage annnouncements. Is there an act playing this month who are holding things up or are they going to have a splurge of announcements in the run up to ATN?
    It's The The, isn't it?! We'll have the glory of seeing them in a sun-drenched Iveagh Gardens Saturday evening followed by a spectacular 2nd announcement the next morning! Praise be! Panic over.

Eels are playing Iveagh gardens this Friday but I dunno if they/he would hold up an announcement

haitens wrote: »
    Eels are playing Iveagh gardens this Friday but I dunno if they/he would hold up an announcement
    Well they'd be very welcome too. They were brilliant on the main stage last time. The band intro was one of the funniest things I've ever seen at a gig.

Snarky Snark Snark

current album is a much quieter affair than what they were touring that time, their last gig in the olympia was an utterly different sort of concert, almost like a musical recital but with a massive group hug in with the audience.

We could do with a group hug. We're suffering.

Just seen a post on Instagram from EP, expect an announcement about anachonica "soon"

Snarky Snark Snark

Stillill42 wrote: »

trust me, no one wants to hug me right now, sweating like a massively sweaty thing covered in hot salty sweat

Stillill42 wrote: »

trust me, no one wants to hug me right now, sweating like a massively sweaty thing covered in hot salty sweat
    Ah, the salty dog, as I live and breathe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,040 ✭✭✭endainoz

Any shout for the Darkness for a bit of craic? Going to see them support Queen and Adam Lambert on Sunday. Should be a great gig in the sun.

PS Don't shoot me

• Advertisement

endainoz wrote: »
    Any shout for the Darkness for a bit of craic? Going to see them support Queen and Adam Lambert on Sunday. Should be a great gig in the sun.

PS Don't shoot me

Bang!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement