Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

hi all

kinda concerned about how much of pink moon is sold out already
    im not sure who's going with me next year so frustratingly I cant book yet

does anyone know if its normal for so many options to be sold out already
    im interested in a 2 man or a 4 man depending on who's going
    is there loads of 4 mans on the site, i never really took note?
    the only 2 man left is the rainbow tipis, anyone any knowledge on these?
    is there loads of those also, any idea when they sold out in previous years?

cheers
    Oh btw i stayed in the 2 man rainbow tipis the first year i stayed in Pink Moon and they were quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I nominate Tinfoil to headline the Saturday night at Rave in the Woods next year, seriously intense techno.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

hi all

kinda concerned about how much of pink moon is sold out already
    im not sure who's going with me next year so frustratingly I cant book yet

does anyone know if its normal for so many options to be sold out already
    im interested in a 2 man or a 4 man depending on who's going
    is there loads of 4 mans on the site, i never really took note?
    the only 2 man left is the rainbow tipis, anyone any knowledge on these?
    is there loads of those also, any idea when they sold out in previous years?

cheers

I think these are just early bird.. Send them a FB message, they are very responsive...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I nominate Tinfoil to headline the Saturday night at Rave in the Woods next year, seriously intense techno.

i'd much prefer them in the Little Big Tent at like midnight or something. they'd have a much better crowd than 2am in the woods, which i'd say 90% of people couldn't care less who is on and are just there for a wander around.

plus by 2am i'm often fit for the bed :o

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Anyone reckon War on Drugs are a realistic headliner next year?

New album is great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

thebusher wrote: »
    Anyone reckon War on Drugs are a realistic headliner next year?

New album is great.

I don't think they're quite big enough to headline yet, though that could change if the new album takes off. And I'd not expected Lana Rey or ATCQ to top the main stage so I could be way off on WODs though sub-headliner or EA top of bill more likely. But I reckon they're nailed on to return unless Forbidden Fruit grab them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    I don't think they're quite big enough to headline yet, though that could change if the new album takes off. And I'd not expected Lana Rey or ATCQ to top the main stage so I could be way off on WODs though sub-headliner or EA top of bill more likely. But I reckon they're nailed on to return unless Forbidden Fruit grab them.

They did an absolutely superb show in the EA (I think) a few years ago on the back of 'Lost in the Dream'. Given that they skipped Ireland on the first leg of the current tour, it's hard to gauge popularity but I reckon topping the bill in the EA some night or 2nd or 3rd from the top on the main stage would be about right.

I could see them on before the National on the Main Stage some night, maybe? Would be a great run. Grizzly Bear on before it.

Dream line-up, right there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Pink moon is just early bird sell out. More will be on sale at full launch. Messaged them on FB

• Registered Users Posts: 12,813 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I still wanna see A-Ha play EP

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

They did an absolutely superb show in the EA (I think) a few years ago on the back of 'Lost in the Dream'. Given that they skipped Ireland on the first leg of the current tour, it's hard to gauge popularity but I reckon topping the bill in the EA some night or 2nd or 3rd from the top on the main stage would be about right.

I could see them on before the National on the Main Stage some night, maybe? Would be a great run. Grizzly Bear on before it.

Dream line-up, right there!!

Yea to be fair a prominent EA slot would be great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Anyone filled out the survey for 2017?

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/9BYRM58

It's truly miserable - I filled out Body and Soul Festival's survey last year and this year, and it was all about how they could improve things, what would you add, what do you think didn't work etc. The Electric Picnic one is like 2 questions about what you'd change, and then seriously like 10 pages asking about brands and what brands did I pay attention to and how did they make me feel and do I like these brands and would I buy these brands and would I tell other people about these brands BRANDS BRANDS

It took away the lingering FOMO I had about not going in 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

MJohnston wrote: »
    Anyone filled out the survey for 2017?

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/9BYRM58

It's truly miserable - I filled out Body and Soul Festival's survey last year and this year, and it was all about how they could improve things, what would you add, what do you think didn't work etc. The Electric Picnic one is like 2 questions about what you'd change, and then seriously like 10 pages asking about brands and what brands did I pay attention to and how did they make me feel and do I like these brands and would I buy these brands and would I tell other people about these brands BRANDS BRANDS

It took away the lingering FOMO I had about not going in 2018.

really liked the stuff about how brands improve the festival, just like the way Heineken stage thing killed everything on in Jerry Fish.
    I did ask for Bowie and Prince for next year, not as headliners though.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Fill it out, folks, & tell them the truth! Whether or not it makes a difference is another thing....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

mgkelly wrote: »
    Fill it out, folks, & tell them the truth! Whether or not it makes a difference is another thing....
    Absolutely. Make it clear that all of the branding is the only negative of the weekend. Worth filling it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Tame Impala would be nice if touring.

Funny enough last time they headlined EA I was standing at the back, actually got talking to the man himself, Melvin Benn, he's a big fan. I said good booking, possible future headliners? he said yes in a few years, thats why he was there to check them out.
    He asked how many times Ive been to EP and what brings me back every year etc. my answer was brief, location, mixed crowd, b&s, relaxed atmosphere. He picked up on mixed crowd bit, mentioned Oxygen vs demographic etc. he was all too aware.
    I was worse for wear at that point so let him be, would have loved to have talked more.

I remember the EA not being full, that could have been a mainstage clash? Are they big enough for the main stage??

They'd need a new album as good as Currents before headlining I'd reckon, but even then it'd be a push. The War on Drugs maybe could.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Tame Impala would be nice if touring.

Funny enough last time they headlined EA I was standing at the back, actually got talking to the man himself, Melvin Benn, he's a big fan. I said good booking, possible future headliners? he said yes in a few years, thats why he was there to check them out.
    He asked how many times Ive been to EP and what brings me back every year etc. my answer was brief, location, mixed crowd, b&s, relaxed atmosphere. He picked up on mixed crowd bit, mentioned Oxygen vs demographic etc. he was all too aware.
    I was worse for wear at that point so let him be, would have loved to have talked more.

I remember the EA not being full, that could have been a mainstage clash? Are they big enough for the main stage??

They were up against Florence that year so that would explain it. Even though i did not no much tunes from Tame Impala they still stole the show imo

They'd need a new album as good as Currents before headlining I'd reckon, but even then it'd be a push. The War on Drugs maybe could.
    Currents a much bigger seller than the last WODs album. And seemingly the new one also, poor initial sales and now at 93 on the US charts after 3 weeks on release. Tame Impala may have the same problems with the next album but I reckon they're a much bigger draw than WODs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

yeah, TWOD are at the best main stage subs. Tame Impala would be a pretty small headliner booking for EP too, as good as they are. if FR are going to book them, I see headlining Longitude more likely.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Currents a much bigger seller than the last WODs album. And seemingly the new one also, poor initial sales and now at 93 on the US charts after 3 weeks on release. Tame Impala may have the same problems with the next album but I reckon they're a much bigger draw than WODs.

People still buy albums??

• Advertisement

For what it's worth, A Deeper Understanding peaked at #4 in the IRMA album charts, Currents at #7. I don't think either are headliner level at all btw, I just think The War on Drugs might have a little bit more widespread appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

raises hand slowly...

yeah, TWOD are at the best main stage subs. Tame Impala would be a pretty small headliner booking for EP too, as good as they are. if FR are going to book them, I see headlining Longitude more likely.
    Tame Impala subbed for Adele at Glastonbury and in July headlined the Panorama fest in NY alongside Frank Ocean & Nine Inch Nails. We've had bands like Interpol headline in the past & I think that TI are bigger than the New Yorkers ever were. They've also got serious momentum behind them but all will depend on whether they release an album & tour next year. If so I can see them topping the stage at Primavera, EP & a host of other festivals in 2018.

For what it's worth, A Deeper Understanding peaked at #4 in the IRMA album charts, Currents at #7. I don't think either are headliner level at all btw, I just think The War on Drugs might have a little bit more widespread appeal.
    A good point re Irish performance MJ, and let's see how the next TI album does here. I think they've got strong momentum going and will only get bigger (It also helps when Rihanna covers one of your tracks) and their worldwide sales are much stronger than TWOD. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see both at EP, but at this stage I just think that TI have a more realistic chance of headlining. But will be delighted if either or both are there, and on whatever stage at whatever time.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

Tame Impala as sub-headliners would be fantastic.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Yeah. Especially smaller bands. I prefer them to be well nourished by the time they get to the stage.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Tago Mago wrote: »
    Tame Impala as sub-headliners would be fantastic.

Before Foals :D:D:D

Plus Tame Impala did headline Forbidden Fruit 2016

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I'm a fan, and was really looking forward to them live - but found it a little boring if I'm honest

• Registered Users Posts: 19,719 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Wild Beasts just hung up their collective furs :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

maximoose wrote: »

I'm a fan, and was really looking forward to them live - but found it a little boring if I'm honest

Really?? thoroughly enjoyed them! My mate didn't know any of their stuff and he was completely blown away by them!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement